Rumor: Trade Rumours & Proposals | Would NYR Move Kreider? | Reinhart Unclaimed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Pity Cammy's not a RHS, but he is still a guy who can shoot. So that's a need covered.

Honestly I'm not sure where he's a fit in the top 6, or on the PP for that matter. Though hopefully this results in Letestu getting bumped off the PP. Cammy could actually maybe be a decent support option for Strome on the 3rd line.

Maroon-McDavid-Draisaitl
Lucic-RNH-Puljujarvi
Cammy-Strome-Kassian
Khaira-Letrstu-Pakarinen
IR:Slepyshev, Caggiula

PP:
Maroon-McDavid-Draisaitl
Strome-Larsson

Lucic-RNH-Cammy
Puljujarvi-Klefbom

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Pity Cammy's not a RHS, but he is still a guy who can shoot. So that's a need covered.

Honestly I'm not sure where he's a fit in the top 6, or on the PP for that matter. Though hopefully this results in Letestu getting bumped off the PP. Cammy could actually maybe be a decent support option for Strome on the 3rd line.

Maroon-McDavid-Draisaitl
Lucic-RNH-Puljujarvi
Cammy-Strome-Kassian
Khaira-Letrstu-Pakarinen

PP:
Maroon-McDavid-Draisaitl
Strome-Larsson

Lucic-RNH-Cammy
Puljujarvi-Klefbom

He is still a decent offensive player. I think this is a good deal for the Oilers. Cammalleri can play center as well.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
He is still a decent offensive player. I think this is a good deal for the Oilers. Cammalleri can play center as well.

No questioning that, my concern in his fit more so ties into the fact it's another LHS.

Honestly if this was Jokinen for Vrbata (not taking into account why FLA would ever want Jokinen back, just thinking of the closest thing to a RH'ed Cammy) I'd absolutely love it. This is a good trade though nontheless.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton

Maroon-McDavid-Draisaitl
Lucic-RNH-Puljujarvi
Cammy-Strome-Kassian
Khaira-Letrstu-Pakarinen

PP:
Maroon-McDavid-Draisaitl
Strome-Larsson

Lucic-RNH-Cammy
Puljujarvi-Klefbom
Not a bad looking third line in theory.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
No questioning that, my concern in his fit more so ties into the fact it's another LHS.

Honestly if this was Jokinen for Vrbata (not taking into account why FLA would ever want Jokinen back, just thinking of the closest thing to a RH'ed Cammy) I'd absolutely love it. This is a good trade though nontheless.

Yeah...I hear you. I am a big Vrbata fan.
That said I still think this is an upgrade for the team. MC is a good shooter and he is a smart player.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
It just seems particularity bad the last month or so.

Oh well...the ignore feature on the new boards works really well. :nod:
The constant bitching about the board is toxic as well. But the people on their high horse cant even fathom that they can contribute to the deterioration of the board.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Actually thinking about it a little more, there is a spot where Cammy fits in the top 6. You just break up Lucic and RNH.

Cammy-RNH-Puljujarvi
Lucic-Strome-Kassian(Slepyshev when healthy)

One skill line, one cycling line, ideal for both Lucic and RNH as they actually get linemates that complement their skill set.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The constant *****ing about the board is toxic as well. But the people on their high horse cant even fathom that they can contribute to the deterioration of the board.

High horse? I have no idea what you are blathering on about here. I am just talking about the constant and over the top negativity.

Perhaps you haven't noticed...perhaps you like the negativity?
To each their own.

Like I said....Ignore works great. Its not preferred but it is a solution.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
High horse? I have no idea what you are blathering on about here. I am just talking about the constant and over the top negativity.

Perhaps you haven't noticed...perhaps you like the toxicity?
To each their own.

You dont see the people on the high horse? They are literally posters on here who think they are an elite group of posters saving this board from negativity. I saw a post a page back, saying there is a group of "high school kids" or "college kids" invading the board and ruining it and hoping they disappear. Those kinds of statements reek of elitism and superiority.

I hate the "toxicity". But I think the constant bitching about the negativity polarizes the board and leads to more toxicity. Everytime there is a disagreement, people stop discussing facts and just claim this board is toxic and shuts down discussion.

SomeDudeOTI

Feb 25, 2014
Behind enemy lines
I hate the "toxicity". But I think the constant *****ing about the negativity polarizes the board and leads to more toxicity. Everytime there is a disagreement, people stop discussing facts and just claim this board is toxic and shuts down discussion.

Oh come on.. did you actually just say that with a straight face?

Last edited:

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
You dont see the people on the high horse? They are literally posters on here who think they are an elite group of posters saving this board from negativity. I saw a post a page back, saying there is a group of "high school kids" or "college kids" invading the board and ruining it and hoping they disappear. Those kinds of statements reek of elitism and superiority.

I hate the "toxicity". But I think the constant *****ing about the negativity polarizes the board and leads to more toxicity. Everytime there is a disagreement, people stop discussing facts and just claim this board is toxic and shuts down discussion.

I disagree. Writing a narrative about 'superior elitest group' is also part of the toxicity. So I don't know what you are going on about.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Now that we have another player capable of scoring can we please run these three lines

Maroon-Mcdavid-Slep
Lucic-Nuge-JP
Cammaleri-Drai-Kassian

like seriously Mclellan has no reason not to spread out the offence now. Drai has looked tired as hell reduce his minutes and let his line play against other teams 3rd lines and thus also reducing the amount of time you have to throw Mcdavid out there.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I saw a post a page back, saying there is a group of "high school kids" or "college kids" invading the board and ruining it and hoping they disappear.
Yup, because that's what I'm hoping because there's a grotesque echo chamber of negativity among a bunch of posters, many who are very new. If they just get bored and move on, that wouldn't hurt anyone.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

I have no issue with you. I dont even know if you are one of the posters fomenting this over the top negativity.

The negativity is an issue IMO and it did start to become much worse once the bans were lifted.

I dont think I am the only poster noticing this either. I have no idea why you are so fiercely defending it though.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Yup, because that's what I'm hoping because there's a grotesque echo chamber of negativity among a bunch of posters, many who are very new. If they just get bored and move on, that wouldn't hurt anyone.
See thats my issue. I agree a negativity echo chamber is a horrible thing to have on a board. But some people seem to prefer an echo chamber with no criticism allowed.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
I have no issue with you. I dont even know if you are one of the posters fomenting this over the top negativity.

The negativity is an issue IMO and it did start to become much worse once the bans were lifted.

I dont think I am the only poster noticing this either.
I dont know about this whole ban lifting thing at all. If you want you can DM me the situation so I can better understand what you are talking about?

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Ahh the classic "this board is toxic, we are the superior posters" circle jerk has invaded this thread too.

I would say more "the fanbase is overly emotional" than "this board is toxic".

Way too much angst behind a lot of these posts.

Reactions: Aerrol
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad