Rumor: Trade Rumours & Proposals | Would NYR Move Kreider? | Reinhart Unclaimed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
So the “Ignore” function almost works a little too well... I keep looking at posts and thinking “well that’s a rather odd post” and then remember it doesn’t show who posted the original.

Hope there isn’t a quota on how many people I can Ignore...lol

Reactions: Del Preston

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I am up to about 100

I really try not to ignore too many since I welcome the differing opinions but the relentless post after post attacking players/team/management just gets to be too much, I mean, OK, we get it, move on...

This board was actually more tolerable when we were in the decade of darkness....

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Anyone else think that we should consider buying out Russell next summer? I can't see us being able to move him and a 4mil cap hit on a guy who's currently doing poorly on the bottom pairing is ridiculous.
I0IDtQo.png

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I really try not to ignore too many since I welcome the differing opinions but the relentless post after post attacking players/team/management just gets to be too much, I mean, OK, we get it, move on...

This board was actually more tolerable when we were in the decade of darkness....

I only ignore those who attack me or are goading me into a fight

mods and admins lives are easier when I am not fighting with those who just want to cause trouble

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
They still put up more points and wins last year than an Oilers team that had the likes of Gretzky, Messier, Kurri, Anderson, and Fuhr in 87/88. Surely it was just lucking into McDavid that made the Oilers go from dog **** to top dog against the WC teams.

It wasn't just lucking into McDavid but that was by far the biggest factor. How is that even debatable? The best player in the world and a run of incredible good luck can make even the dumbest GM look good.

Little Fury? More like little furry ****. This site has gone to ****. They shouldn't have lifted the bans.

LOL

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Part of me really hope it's just a bunch of zealous, but bored children in HS and College, who will eventually get distracted or bored with this, and move on.

I think I would like to see the team make a move to see some change, but I don't think we should head for the High Level just yet.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Anyone else think that we should consider buying out Russell next summer? I can't see us being able to move him and a 4mil cap hit on a guy who's currently doing poorly on the bottom pairing is ridiculous.
I0IDtQo.png
The Oilers can't afford to have 2.4M(Russell+Pou) of dead cap. Package him and a prospect or mid round pick when his modified NTC comes up and be done with it. What a terrible extension by Chia. I can't help but think the Oilers could be making a push for OEL right now but the Russell contract won't allow us next year without losing RNH

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
The Oilers can't afford to have 2.4M(Russell+Pou) of dead cap. Package him and a prospect or mid round pick when his modified NTC comes up and be done with it. What a terrible extension by Chia. I can't help but think the Oilers could be making a push for OEL right now but the Russell contract won't allow us next year without losing RNH
Pouliot never should have been bought out. He would have bounced back this year and if we didn't want him on the team we could have traded him away. Russell needs to GTFO this team as soon as possible.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Where's the "BUT HE'S SMALL! CHIA LOST THIS TRADE! FIRE CHIA! HE SHOULD HAVE KEPT HIM!" Crowd?

Edit: Nvm. They are ignored. Forgot about that :nod::nod::nod::thumbu::naughty::naughty::naughty:

Last edited:

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Where's the "BUT HE'S SMALL! CHIA LOST THIS TRADE! FIRE CHIA! HE SHOULD HAVE KEPT HIM!" Crowd?
Guess we should give Chiarelli GM of the year for acquiring a bottom 6 player. This is a good deal but don't pretend it invalidates all other criticisms about how he built this roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad