Rumor: Trade Rumours & Proposals | Would NYR Move Kreider? | Reinhart Unclaimed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
the leafs know Leivo wont clear and they are restricting his games played so he wont be a UFA after this year--this has been beaten to death

Why would they restrict his games played if they don't want him to be a UFA. It is exactly the opposite. They would be playing him every chance they had.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
OEL is an elite dman. Put him on this team he gets 70 points a season while being a rock in his own zone.

Klefbom + recent 1st rounder + 1st rounder (assuming 15-31 range) + 2nd is hardly a king's ransom.

Also this is basically with 95% certainty he would resign. Which again im sure he would with the opportunity here.

I don't know if I'd call him a rock defensively. That being said, he does remind me, stylistically, of pre-Norris Karlsson FWIW. Can generate offence but questionable defensively

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
I'm sure that Chia will have a general idea if he has a good chance to sign OEL if he's dealing Klefbom. I know that everybody hates him now but he's not THAT dumb to deal Klefbom if there's a big risk that OEL doesn't sign here.

If he does think that he can sign OEL then it's a no brainer IMO and add if need be. They would have to move some salary around in the offseason to fit in his salary for next year but you do what needs to be done to fit in a top 10-15 Dman.
Of course Chia could sign him.
Just give him one or two million dollars more than anyone else will for 2 or 3 more years than anyone else will. Then throw in a NMC.
Done!

GMing is easy.

Last edited:

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Man am I ever jealous of Tampa's cap situation. Tax cuts help alot I guess. And Yzerman undoubtedly one of the top tier GMs. Still... They're getting alot for their dollar.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
I don't know if I'd call him a rock defensively. That being said, he does remind me, stylistically, of pre-Norris Karlsson FWIW. Can generate offence but questionable defensively

Maybe not a rock but he can more than hold his own in the defensive zone. Above average defensively imo.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
OEL is an elite dman. Put him on this team he gets 70 points a season while being a rock in his own zone.

Klefbom + recent 1st rounder + 1st rounder (assuming 15-31 range) + 2nd is hardly a king's ransom.

Also this is basically with 95% certainty he would resign. Which again im sure he would with the opportunity here.
I think most people are a little quick to assume a large jump in offensive production just from a switch in team or giving a player an elite linemate, I can recall so many people talking about this winger or that winger would score 40 or 50 goals next to Crosby, yet it didn't tend to happen; OEL hasn't broken 60 points yet and only broke the 50 point barrier once. If OEL did hit 70 points the cost to get that extension on him would be astronomical, if he plays at or around his current level were probably looking at about $8.3M on his extension given what Burns, Ekblad, and Byfuglien signed for and factoring in that is also 2 years in the future, in 2 years time OEL is poised to make basically double what Klefbom would be locked into for another 4 years.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006

That's a very high price for an impending UFA who is nowhere near a lock to re-sign (and that again assumes we can afford him if he does).

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
If we were to acquire OEL, Draisaitl would have to go for cap purposes since Lucic and Russell are here for the long haul. We are better off just holding onto Klef, Larsson, Nurse, and hope that one of Bear/Jones can become a #4 nhl dman rather quickly

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
If we were to acquire OEL, Draisaitl would have to go for cap purposes since Lucic and Russell are here for the long haul. We are better off just holding onto Klef, Larsson, Nurse, and hope that one of Bear/Jones can become a #4 nhl dman rather quickly
Or Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.

I proposed a Klefbom, Nuge++ deal for OEL, D. Strome earlier, which is what I'd think it'd take to sway Chayka. But as I've said before, Dallas makes considerably more sense for OEL and they have the pieces to get it done.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Or Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.

I proposed a Klefbom, Nuge++ deal for OEL, D. Strome earlier, which is what I'd think it'd take to sway Chayka. But as I've said before, Dallas makes considerably more sense for OEL and they have the pieces to get it done.

It'd be easy to sway Chayka with that because it's a horribly lopsided deal for him.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Or Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.

I think that pretty much guts any little depth we have left. When Klefbom is on his game he can be pretty close to OEL level, and Nuge is having a tremendous year by his standards. Considering Draisaitl is pretty much a permanent 1RW now that indicates RNH is here to stay, even though I would still rather have Draisaitl as 2C and trade RNH in the offseason with his value relatively high. With that being said, I don't trust Chiarelli trading away any of our high value assets and I'm hoping we just stand pat and draft well or bring in a GM who can actually receive decent value when trading away good players.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Next year roster assuming we magically get OEL for picks and prospects

Slepy(1)-McDavid(12.5)-KY(.9)
Lucic(6)-Drai(8.5)-JP(.9)
(.9)-RNH(6)-(.9)
(.9)-(.9)-(.9)
(.9)

OEL(5.5)-Larsson(4.15)
Nurse(3)-Sekera(5.5)
Klef(4.1)-Russell(4)
Benning(1)

Talbot(4.1)
Backup(.9)
Dead cap(1.3)

75M

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Can we not try and obtain another stroke who doesn't look all that good
I've never been a big fan of Dylan Strome largely cause of his foot speed and he also doesn't strike me as someone who will step up in those big games, but he's had a good start in the AHL this season 15 Pts (3G 12A) in 10 GP.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Lol at this fantasy talk over OEL... it would take so much to acquire him. Just look at what Duchene was able to get.. look at the price we paid for ADAM LARSSON. OEL would cost Nurse + 1st + 2nd + Bear++++++

Last edited:

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Lol at this fantasy talk over OEL... it would take so much to acquire him. Just look at what Duchene was able to get.. look at the price we paid for ADAM LARSSON. OEL would cost Nurse + 1st + 2nd + Bear

This is Chia we are talking about here. Chia offers Draisaitl+Nurse+1st for OEL. Chayka asks for a 2nd added to the deal and Chia counters with a 2nd+Bear thrown in. Chia then forgets that Chayka is not Garth Snow so he cancels the deal and offers the same deal to the Islanders for Calvin De Haan.

Reactions: La Bamba

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
This is Chia we are talking about here. Chia offers Draisaitl+Nurse+1st for OEL. Chayka asks for a 2nd added to the deal and Chia counters with a 2nd+Bear thrown in. Chia then forgets that Chayka is not Garth Snow so he cancels the deal and offers the same deal to the Islanders for Calvin De Haan.

I'm amazed Chia can even tie his shoes and get to the rink on his own in the morning. He must have bribed so many people to get that degree from Harvard. It was such a fluke the Oilers had their first 100 point season in almost 30 years last year. Clearly that success was on the back of what MacTavish built the previous decade.

Your schtick's getting old. I'd rather be locked in a room with a loop of Gene Principe monologues playing 24/7 than read post after post of that garbage.

Reactions: McCupofOil

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I'm amazed Chia can even tie his shoes and get to the rink on his own in the morning. He must have bribed so many people to get that degree from Harvard. It was such a fluke the Oilers had their first 100 point season in almost 30 years last year. Clearly that success was on the back of what MacTavish built the previous decade.

Your schtick's getting old. I'd rather be locked in a room with a loop of Gene Principe monologues playing 24/7 than read post after post of that garbage.

The proof is in the pudding. Go look at all of the assets Chiarelli traded away, receiving less value in return. Then go look at what he did with the supposed cap space we ended up with from those deals. I'm surprised he has so many defenders at this point

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006

Well, now that you mention it....

bill-daly.jpg

Reactions: StevenF1919

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
The proof is in the pudding. Go look at all of the assets Chiarelli traded away, receiving less value in return. Then go look at what he did with the supposed cap space we ended up with from those deals. I'm surprised he has so many defenders at this point

The proof is in the pudding. The Oilers hadn't broke 100 points or 47 wins in a regular season since 1986/87. They went from being completely destroyed by Western Conference opponents to being the best against the West last year. I don't give two shits about "player value" if the team I cheer for gets better. The only issue I have with Chia trade-wise would be the Reinhart deal.

Chia left himself cap space this year. He isn't the type to not use that space and is very good at identifying what his teams need to get better. The Oilers will make the playoffs and do some damage when they get there.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
The proof is in the pudding. The Oilers hadn't broke 100 points or 47 wins in a regular season since 1986/87. They went from being completely destroyed by Western Conference opponents to being the best against the West last year. I don't give two ****s about "player value" if the team I cheer for gets better. The only issue I have with Chia trade-wise would be the Reinhart deal.

Chia left himself cap space this year. He isn't the type to not use that space and is very good at identifying what his teams need to get better. The Oilers will make the playoffs and do some damage when they get there.
If this were true then why did he make this roster worse in the offseason?

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Well, now that you mention it....

bill-daly.jpg

They still put up more points and wins last year than an Oilers team that had the likes of Gretzky, Messier, Kurri, Anderson, and Fuhr in 87/88. Surely it was just lucking into McDavid that made the Oilers go from dog shit to top dog against the WC teams. Little Fury? More like little furry twat. This site has gone to shit. They shouldn't have lifted the bans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad