Rumor: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Y'All Got Any More of Them Trades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Great move by Arizona.

I don't get it from their perspective. For a rebuilding team to trade a young Dman locked up long term for an older albeit better Dman signed for only 2 years doesn't make sense unless there are other moves made to compete now.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Klef and Larsson just showed up this year at 24...

Larsson had 100 terrific NHL games prior to Edmonton, but found his game a bit late in the day.

Klefbom's been good the second he stepped in to play. This was simply the best team he played for and the healthiest he's been.

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
Elliotte Friedman‏Verified account @FriedgeHNIC 8s8 seconds ago
More
I think there are other pieces...but Panarin is going to CLB and Saad is going back to CHI

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Klef and Larsson just showed up this year at 24...

I'm talking about analytically, both had good CFRel% and low team CF% when they weren't in the ice at age 21. These kinda stats predicted the uprising of Klef and Larsson. Nurse hasn't gotten anywhere near where Larsson and Klef were.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I don't get the Panarin thing. He's made Patrick Kane MUCH better offensively than he has ever been before.

Good chance Patrick Kane returns to 70 point status now.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Quote it. Show me where I attacked you personally. I'll wait.
Twice.

"Less so than the impressions of random stans who think they their opinion matters."

"If you're so arrogant to dismiss analytics outright, you shouldn't value your own selective view on things either."

All because I disagreed that advanced stats were a good way of evaluating someone like Russell. Another poster commented on this. But I'm the arrogant one because you'd rather go at the poster instead of the post. Okay.

That's not a 325 sample. That's a 47 game sample. You're comparing the time he missed to the time he played. The time he missed is the relevant piece for juxtaposition.
Comparing how a team does when he plays one-third of a game to how they do when he's out of the lineup isn't a 47 game sample. And that wasn't even the point of the post. The point was to show he's not some crap player who is preventing his teams from winning.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I don't get it from their perspective. For a rebuilding team to trade a young Dman locked up long term for an older albeit better Dman signed for only 2 years doesn't make sense unless there are other moves made to compete now.

I think I heard they were looking at moving the 7th overall pick too. Probably looking to be competitive next year. OEL is only signed two more years.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
I'm not sure why other NHL teams are hell bent on helping Chicago keep young and fresh with talent... Murphy is a great trade for them as they get younger. Hjal is good, but on the down slope now... What is Arizona doing. WTF

Shrewd moves by a long time GM. I think I like Hjalmarsson better today, but kudos to the Hawks getting younger

Chicago means business after that Preds sweep, they're trying to rebuild the 2015 team with this Saad trade.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Hell no, Hjarmalsson is a good shot suppressor, he knows how to close the gap before the shot happens in the first place. Russell is always block first mentality

Again, that's what I mean, a Rich Man's Kris Russell, but a defensive, shot blocker who is getting older.

The Yotes got owned in this deal.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Honestly Carolina are so low on Right wingers I would not be surprised if a a barely retained Ebs would get Hanifin but again Chia is very passive when it comes to trades, he mostly lets them come his way when he feels satisfied with the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad