Rumor: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Y'All Got Any More of Them Trades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Not without it's flaws though.

Gaudreau may be the new Eberle. One dimensional winger.

Monahan can score but he's too slow to be effective defensively.

Gio is 33 and locked into a long term high value contract and his play has been degrading.

This is a very good simple assessment of some of Calgary's "issues". I agree with the player assessments but think Calgary should be a "good" team moving forward. Very impressive coaching last year IMO. We were all hoping he was more of a Eakins type but that certainly isn't even remotely true.

EDIT: I would also say the Oilers D when healthy is obviously better than the Flames. Flames obviously is more talented offensively but that's about it. With Harmonic, a defender of a kind they really need, I think they would have the slightly better defense.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
What would you guys feel about a Matt Greene depth dman signing for 1 year? I like him for his character, but I don't know if he's still healthy enough to even help. What's your take on it?

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Hjarmalsson makes 100,000 more than Russell for less term and was available. Why couldn't we get him?

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
??? The Hawks robbed the Yotes blind. Murphy is basically as good as Hjalmarsson, but he's younger, cheaper, bigger and RHD.

Wow, just brutal for the Yotes. :laugh:

I love Murphy, don't get me wrong. He may very well develop into something better than Hjalmarsson. I think Hjalmarsson is the better player today though, extremely dependable. And maybe with Chychrun on the rise/developing nicely, they felt they could make a move like that.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
What would you guys feel about a Matt Greene depth dman signing for 1 year? I like him for his character, but I don't know if he's still healthy enough to even help. What's your take on it?

He's done. I see his getting an off ice role. Would be a good panel member.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
What about guys in management who have actually put in the work to build a hockey resume and see the ins and outs of this team everyday. Guys like Chia and even Gretzky could not say enough good things about Russell.

But lets put more stock into posters who spend all day posting on HF as a hobby?

Again, not saying the player is flawed but what do you expect from a 5'10 170 lbs dman. Its fair to criticise his game but to continuously repeat that he's a bottom pairing guy as your 'argument' is nothing but ignorance.

I'd rather take most posters opinion on HF over this

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I love Murphy, don't get me wrong. He may very well develop into something better than Hjalmarsson. I think Hjalmarsson is the better player today though, extremely dependable. And maybe with Chychrun on the rise/developing nicely, they felt they could make a move like that.

Hjalmarsson is a Rich Man's Kris Russell, the Hawks robbed the Yotes blind.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Would you trade Nurse for two years of Hjarmalsson?

Tbh yes, most dmen show up at age 21, Nurse hasn't done it yet and will probably be mediocre unless he has some Renaissance. Ever since that injury he's been not good.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Yeah you did. Stop lying.

Lol at the rest of your post here. Clueless.

"Attempts to frame a 47 game sample"

It was the last 325 games of Calgary, Dallas, and Edmonton. Just because you couldn't give me an actual reason without acting like a child doesn't mean I was being intellectually dishonest.

Quote it. Show me where I attacked you personally. I'll wait.

That's not a 325 sample. That's a 47 game sample. You're comparing the time he missed to the time he played. The time he missed is the relevant piece for juxtaposition.

Echodek

Feb 6, 2011
So one of the off season goals was for this team to somehow acquire a puck moving defenceman. And with both Hamonic and Barrie rumoured to be available we end up with Russell? Fantastic!

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I assume they would have to add to Saad? Or maybe not based on Panarin's contract being 2 years vs. 4 years for Saad.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013

I'm not sure why other NHL teams are hell bent on helping Chicago keep young and fresh with talent... Murphy is a great trade for them as they get younger. Hjal is good, but on the down slope now... What is Arizona doing. WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad