Proposal: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: It's Officially Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Continue

When a player consistently puts up terrible PDO numbers year after year and is consistently at or near the bottom of his team in +/-, there is something more than bad luck going on. The excuse used to be that he was playing top pairing minutes against other teams best players and his team had bad goaltending.

But this year he was sheltered behind the Slavin-Pesce pairing, who managed a PDO that was just fine while Faulk was still in the basement on his team. I wont pretend to say I watch enough of Carolina to say if Faulk is great defensively or not. But I don't buy that luck persists over an entire career like it has for Faulk. He's now played 6 years in the league. When he's on the ice the Hurricanes get badly outscored. He might perform fine in the shot metrics area, but when it comes to actual goals for/against? He gets slaughtered. Every. Single. Year.

A lot of Faulk's numbers over the last three years are very similar to Barrie's, and the Avs are even worse than the Canes have been.

Like Spawn says, the Hurricanes get curbstomped into a bloody pulp GF/GA wise with Faulk on the ice. The difference is they now have a pairing that keeps their head above water and then some, while Faulk keeps on getting scored on.

well to be honest the one thing that actually seemed useful stats wise was the zone starts.....barrie has never been used in the d zone in the same way faulk has.....I'd say that's telling.

This past season Faulk was babied more than he'd ever been before - nearly 56% offensive zone starts.

yeah...which would almost be Barrie's career low in "being babied" and last year he was pushing 64%. :naughty:

I like Faulk, but no, I wouldn't trade Drai or Nuge for him either. Not a need imo.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
#NowOnTheMains: Calgary fans hotly debating among themselves as to whether or not they'd trade Sam Bennett for Oscar Klefbom. :laugh: :cry: :laugh:

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
#NowOnTheMains: Calgary fans hotly debating among themselves as to whether or not they'd trade Sam Bennett for Oscar Klefbom. :laugh: :cry: :laugh:

Realistically they would only have to give up a 1st since they can get good dmen without letting go of roster players

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark

Honestly my main issue with Flames fans is about Sam Bennett. They severely overrate him by saying how he can be an elite 70 point 2-way C. But my main issue is the fact most are so adamant to think that Bennett will develop with the Flames because he was playing with scrubs. News flash, Bennett will basically only play with scrubs because of how much he's overshadowed by depth, and besides even with non-scrubs on wing he has not been impressive, just not terrible like with scrubs.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Honestly my main issue with Flames fans is about Sam Bennett. They severely overrate him by saying how he can be an elite 70 point 2-way C. But my main issue is the fact most are so adamant to think that Bennett will develop with the Flames because he was playing with scrubs. News flash, Bennett will basically only play with scrubs because of how much he's overshadowed by depth, and besides even with non-scrubs on wing he has not been impressive, just not terrible like with scrubs.

We've done it ourselves to be fair. Every prospect is going to hit their max potential, every player is going to pan out exactly how we want and everything is going to be hunky dory.

You said it completely right though - as long as he keeps playing like a third liner, he's going to be stuck with third line players. No easy road in this league.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He's way more than worth Bennett. Bennett isn't worth Talbot.

The only reason I'd hesitate to agree is because Bennett has potential, and many years of RFA control.

But for sure there's no way I'd make a straight up trade like that. To be in goalie hell is just the worst. Even though defense will make a goalie look good or bad, there is definitely a talent to the position, and there is a limited number of goalies talented enough to allow their team to be a playoff threat. Calgary has that problem, and they'll be going with guys like Smith, and praying one of their young guys pan out.

I think what we have with Talbot is almost as good as contract control anyway. He wants to stay here. We'll have to pay up to keep him when his deal runs out, but there are worse things than spending money on a great starter.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
When we were arguing about whether to pick Draisaitl or Bennet at the draft I was comparing Bennet to Brule and getting mocked by the pro Bennet crowd. I still see him that way, a small Jr player that played a big mans game against boys whicjh doesn't translate against men. I see nothing special in Bennet at the NHL level.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Bennett is Yakupov light at this point. The main difference is Yakupov had a worse +- and Bennett takes waaaaaaaaaaaaay more penalties than Yakupov could ever have dreamed to take and still get playing time. Another season and a half and Bennett will be returning a 4th round pick.

McDaddy

ruh roh
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton
Bennett is Yakupov light at this point. The main difference is Yakupov had a worse +- and Bennett takes waaaaaaaaaaaaay more penalties than Yakupov could ever have dreamed to take and still get playing time. Another season and a half and Bennett will be returning a 4th round pick.

Try telling Lames fans that. At least most of us were rational when we were shopping Yak.

NeutralFan88

Jun 23, 2017
Can Bennett do more than a push up these days?

I laugh when he is called a pest lol he does not seem to strike any fear into anybody. He looks so scared out there. Little weakling

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Tkachuk is a rat... Bennett is a bust.

That's as unbiased as I can get about Flames players.

fixed it for you, I suspect some "come up'ins" will be headed his way this season.

On a different note, I was wonder about some players the Oilers might invite to camp on PTOs?

I'm going to choose 4.

Vern Fiddler - Local guy, depth center, still relatively effective in his role
Eric Gelinas - A player the team previously had interest in, still a young-ish
Scotty Upshall - Alberta kid, depth player, gritty.
Chris Kelly - Multi position guy, history with Chiarelli.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Also back to the possibly moving Nuge before the start of the season.

Flip him to the Habs for Gallagher and McCarron
Not a chance they flip him for Gallagher for one his left hand has been mangled twice now and it's has had a huge effect on his shot . Nobody will touch Gallagher right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->