Proposal: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Frozen, The Vegas Musical..... Draft 6/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
That's not the issue at all. It's he can't play hockey anymore.

Again, that's not at all what I am arguing. At all. Not the point.

My point is that if people don't think they can cheer for the guy as an Oiler because of who he is on the ice, then they need only to look at Zack Kassian to see that they will get over it.

If the issue is whether he actually can play then that's a different matter entirely.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I think it would be a little Foolish to pins hopes on getting a young college player into the roster to replace a departing Eberle (if that happens).

If Foo is as good as Caggiula (decent but room for improvement obviously) then that still leaves issues on the right side.

I guess what people are hoping is that between Foo, JP, Cags, Slepy and even Kassian... the team would have some semblance of offence on the RW side. Kind of a rag tag bunch to hope for offense from.. but certainly would be a cheap/hungry group in theory that could surprise... maybe.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I think it would be a little Foolish to pins hopes on getting a young college player into the roster to replace a departing Eberle (if that happens).

If Foo is as good as Caggiula (decent but room for improvement obviously) then that still leaves issues on the right side.

I guess what people are hoping is that between Foo, JP, Cags, Slepy and even Kassian... the team would have some semblance of offence on the RW side. Kind of a rag tag bunch to hope for offense from.. but certainly would be a cheap/hungry group in theory that could surprise... maybe.

Agreed. Unless the Oilers have some other plan to bring in a top 6 RWer, I don't see how they can move Eberle.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Honestly I'd accept just about any hateful ******* on the Oilers if they made the team better.

We love to hate some players but that turns around quickly when they are throwing the dirt at opponents instead of our own players.

I'd have time for Doan as a bottom 6 player. I don't think he's as poor as some think he is. He's been on a crap team (forever) and has outplayed his teammates at both ends of the ice.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
People shouldn't even be worried about Draisaitl getting an offer sheet. He probably already has a deal in place that will get announced in July 1 with Mcdavids extension.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Honestly I'd accept just about any hateful ******* on the Oilers if they made the team better.

We love to hate some players but that turns around quickly when they are throwing the dirt at opponents instead of our own players.

I'd have time for Doan as a bottom 6 player. I don't think he's as poor as some think he is. He's been on a crap team (forever) and has outplayed his teammates at both ends of the ice.

Based on what? Sure isn't reflected where it matters the most.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Again, that's not at all what I am arguing. At all. Not the point.

I don't care what you're arguing, it's not correct, because it ignores context.

If you were making this argument with Kesler, I could understand, but Doan is useless as a player, so any hate of him as a player is pre-empted by the fact he's utterly useless.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Agreed. Unless the Oilers have some other plan to bring in a top 6 RWer, I don't see how they can move Eberle.

Draisaitl??

I think the plan is to keep the flexibility and play him at RW for elongated periods of time. Pick up a 3C that can shift to RW for when RNH gets bumped down to 3C and Drai is at 2C.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Based on what? Sure isn't reflected where it matters the most.

Based on his relative offensive/defensive performance relative to his teammates... factoring in his zone usage and minutes played in comparison to all other players in the league.

An argument could be made that he may fall off a cliff like a rock at any point as age catches up to him. I don't see that in his play yet though.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
So how would we rate the following? Obviously some guys would cost more to acquire:

1. Faulk
2. Barrie
3. Hamonic
4. Vatanen
5. Dumba
6. Tanev
7. Trouba
8. Alzner
9. Pysyk
10. Russell

1. Trouba
2. Faulk
3. Vatanen
4. Barrie
5. Hamonic
6. Dumba
7. Tanev
8. Russell (proven chemistry over Alzner)
9. Alzner
10. Pysyk (a bit of a project imo. We have Nurse and Benning)

However, ranking of realistic chance to acquire for us, assuming we don't do a drastic overpay:

1. Russell
2. Pysyk
3. Barrie
4. Dumba
5. Hamonic
6. Vatanen
7. Tanev
8. Alzner
9. Trouba
10. Faulk

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I don't care what you're arguing, it's not correct, because it ignores context.

If you were making this argument with Kesler, I could understand, but Doan is useless as a player, so any hate of him as a player is pre-empted by the fact he's utterly useless.

Then why should I care about your point of view when you're placing an assumption on the argument that isn't shared by 100% of the population?

Other people have had no problem understanding my point though so whatever.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Draisaitl??

I think the plan is to keep the flexibility and play him at RW for elongated periods of time. Pick up a 3C that can shift to RW for when RNH gets bumped down to 3C and Drai is at 2C.

Yeah, Draisaitl could be the answer, but I'd rather see him play 2C.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Based on his relative offensive/defensive performance relative to his teammates... factoring in his zone usage and minutes played in comparison to all other players in the league.

An argument could be made that he may fall off a cliff like a rock at any point as age catches up to him. I don't see that in his play yet though.

He posted 20 less points in two more games played.

He's done.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.

This point is lost on some. If Ebs goes then there likely is a replacement coming whether or not some think the Oilers can afford it .The staff have likely worked countless hours doing the budget and have a plan in place. I trust them whether or not some do.

Last edited:

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Yeah, Draisaitl could be the answer, but I'd rather see him play 2C.

I agree fully it is just if they trade Eberle I think people have to assume that he is slotted onto the RW for a least a portion of the season as besides Justin Williams there is not really any plausible top 6 RW to sign for limited term and dollars.

I have confidence in Pulju in the future being a top 6 guy and Slep as a surefire top 9 guy who can rotate up to the 2nd line potentially.
Slep looked pretty good on a line with Drai-Lucic I thought.

But yes long term if Eberle goes we need one more top caliber RW at least until a time Pulju proves we do not (if he does).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad