Rumor: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Eberle Trade Watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
New thread. Continue here:

Some posts.

I'd take Hamonic over Barrie if given the choice. Then we could get away with a cheaper option for the PP like Franson for example. Maybe Bear becomes that player in time or if we draft a RHD this year?

What? Have you ever seen him play? Ask Taylor Hall if Hamonic is gritty. If you don't get that reference youtube it up.

I assume that's how most Oiler fan imagine it would happen. If we trade for a D we'd be leaving some forwards exposed. The D are only available in the first place because of expansion

I would give up Letestu pretty easily if it meant my top 4 was locked in for the next 4 seasons at under 20 million dollars.

He's a nice player but far from irreplaceable.

i probably wouldn't actually.... as it would mean losing letestu or kassian in the draft as well, so the trade would be eberle + letestu/kassian for hamonic... our cap hit would go down by 2.15 million though, which does have some value

my reasoning is that we simply don't have anybody even remotely ready to take over eberle's RW spot.... when you include the loss of letestu or kassian, it just isn't worth it in my mind... although either of those players are more easily replaced, especially letestu, which is why i think LV would take kassian, even with the substance abuse problems

That's the rub. We can go 7-3-1 and basically not lose anybody of any value, or take advantage of a team desperate to drop a Dman for their own expansion needs and risk losing one of Kassian, Maroon or Letestu.

yeah, but that was junior... did he carry that over to the NHL? again, i'm not saying i'm right, i just don't recall a lot of people stating that he was gritty.... my memory sometimes no worky-work though, so i could totally be off on this one

I don't worry about losing Letestu. It won't be that hard finding a RH shot to score tap-ins at the side of the net.

Hamonic would be the second toughest defenseman on the Oilers, unless Gryba sticks around. He can fight, and his physicality is more along the lines of the wear 'em down style that Larsson plays, rather than the booming hit style of Gryba. So, in terms of physicality, I would say he is of the Larsson type with much better fighting capability.

Would love Hamonic, but can't see it happening pre-expansion draft, nor the Isles needing to post-expansion draft.

Although, hearing 'Islanders & Colorado in chase for Eberle' is pretty encouraging.

Last edited by a moderator:

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Hamonic seems less than realistic in a straight up deal. If they're willing to make that kind of move to find a forward for Tavares to play with, I'd think they'd be in on Matt Duchene first.

I'm good with Barrie for Eberle because Barrie is pretty much what the Oilers are missing at RHD. They don't need heavy all-purpose defenseman, they need points and a right hand shot on the PP.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I wonder if Hamonic has a bit more offense to give in the right situation. I would really welcome him on the Oilers blueline.

It really feels like a lot of things are "moving" right now.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I'm thinking Chia signs at least 1 RW in free agency and trades Eberle a week or so after July 1 to a team that is desperate for top 6 scoring

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
"Buffalo is trying to trade Kane, would they look for a replacement?
What's going to happen in Arizona with Shane Doan? Is he coming back?
Dreger mentioned Colorado and NYI and we've discussed NYI and people have assumed Strome would be the guy. He is not at the level that Eberle is at. Colorado is a wildcard - maybe it's a different type of deal or a positional deal. If that's the case maybe you wait - I don't even know what you can get back. Barrie? I don't know."

"Maybe a Hamonic or a Barrie move wouldn't even be in the realm of possibility, but if it is, that changes the complexion on Russell."

- Bob Stauffer on Jordan Eberle

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Hamonic is a no brainer over Barrie. Better Dman, cheaper contract, can play tough matchups.
Barrie is probably a better fit stylistically but Hamonic is the better player although durability is a real concern with him.

As for the Russell speculation by Rishaug, it sounds like that, speculation. I'm listening to the Nielsen & Fraser podcast now and he said when push comes to shove, he thinks the Oilers will bite on the 4yrs $16M because Chia tipped his hand at the year end presser that he wants to re-sign Russell knowing the term that he wants. Sounds like pure speculation to me rather than insider knowledge.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Bob sounds genuinely unsure of what is happening.

Edit: He does seem fairly convinced that a Russell signing is contingent on what happens with other moves.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Bob Stauffer also said Mark Fayne may start the year on the 3rd pair and believes there could be some soft interest on Benoit Pouliot during the year from a team who has a guy who's coached him before.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Hamonic is a no brainer over Barrie. Better Dman, cheaper contract, can play tough matchups.
Barrie is probably a better fit stylistically but Hamonic is the better player although durability is a real concern with him.

As for the Russell speculation by Rishaug, it sounds like that, speculation. I'm listening to the Nielsen & Fraser podcast now and he said when push comes to shove, he thinks the Oilers will bite on the 4yrs $16M because Chia tipped his hand at the year end presser that he wants to re-sign Russell knowing the term that he wants. Sounds like pure speculation to me rather than insider knowledge.
I'd rather have Hamonic over Barrie anyday of the week. Problem is that it's rumoured they flat out declined him for Taylor Hall. At least that's what Staple and his merry band of idiots believe

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Bob Stauffer also said Mark Fayne may start the year on the 3rd pair and believes there could be some soft interest on Benoit Pouliot during the year from a team who has a guy who's coached him before.

i really don't mind fayne on the 3rd pairing... shoots right, so is at least in his natural position... he's not a great player, but he's certainly not TERRIBLE either

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
I'm not a russell hater but even I wouldn't sign him for 4 x 4. Rishaug carrying the water for oilers management again means it's likely going to happen and it scares the **** out of me.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Teams, please make some damn trades already. Getting restless with the speculations and rumors.

It wouldn't surprise me if there are a number of trades already made. But the Knights are probably involved in all of them in some way, so the moves can't be reported yet.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
i really don't mind fayne on the 3rd pairing... shoots right, so is at least in his natural position... he's not a great player, but he's certainly not TERRIBLE either
So we would be looking at

Klefbom-Larsson
Russell-Benning
Nurse-Fayne

to start the season

:help:

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
They can make trades now

Yes, but they can't disclose them if Las Vegas is involved. I'm saying that there are probably already trades made, but those trades include LV in someway (e.g., 3-way deal), so they can't be announced.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

I hope Fayne is not on the starting roster come opening night :help:

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Yes, but they can't disclose them if Las Vegas is involved. I'm saying that there are probably already trades made, but those trades include LV in someway (e.g., 3-way deal), so they can't be announced.

Which would make it more annoying, since we have to wait until next Wednesday for the LV trades to open up. (**** this league for telling teams to do this)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad