Proposal: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Do We Need a Dman Still?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
How is he being an aftterthoght?he is still being developed.Also the Wings will not want him.

Caggiula didn't sign with the Oilers just so he could be a bottom 6 player. And no matter how hard McLellan pushes for Caggiula into the top6, I just don't see the chemistry.

Kagomeboy

HF board regular Otaku
Mar 7, 2017
Coquitlam
Caggiula didn't sign with the Oilers just so he could be a bottom 6 player. And no matter how hard McLellan pushes for Caggiula into the top6, I just don't see the chemistry.
Who said he singed here to be top six.Just stop trading guys ,lets wait for another season with him and then trade him.We are trading AA for Caggiula.

Get over yourself.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
The Oilers need to get over this sentiment. Guys who chose us over other teams deem them less expendable like we owe them something. It's a privilege to play in the NHL and they got paid. We sent them to a team that is a better fit for them and in turns it also benefitted us and that's how we should look at it. It's business. No hard feelings. Caggiula has no place on this team other than the 3LW. He's not a top 6 on this team simply because he doesn't have chemistry with either McDavid or Drai. Right now is the perfect time to turn a free asset into a better asset. Add a pick if we have to.
I kinda disagree that Caggiula doesn't have chemistry with McDavid. It's never been tried extensively 5 on 5 but they kill penalties together and they played well together when they were put together in the playoffs IIRC. That's one of the combinations I'm hoping MacLellan tries in the next couple games if Caggiula is healthy.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Who said he singed here to be top six.Just stop trading guys ,lets wait for another season with him and then trade him.We are trading AA for Caggiula.

Get over yourself.
Players sign with team that allows them to maximize their opportunity. If it's not working here, they go elsewhere and try to maximize it there. No players sign with a team thinking all they want to be is a fringe player. I'm sure Caggiula understands this from a business and personal POV

Kagomeboy

HF board regular Otaku
Mar 7, 2017
Coquitlam
Players sign with team that allows them to maximize their opportunity. If it's not working here, they go elsewhere and try to maximize it there. No players sign with a team thinking all they want to be is a fringe player. I'm sure Caggiula understands this from a business and personal POV

Get lost buddy ,he wanted to play here to have the opportunity to play that is it.He also watned to play in the West for family reasons.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
It's not a disfavor to Caggiula if he's going from being an afterthought and buried in the bottom 6 on the Oilers to possible getting a more important role on the Wings.

This poster gets it. Caggiula might actually be happy to get a top 6 role, Oilers do him a favour and in return don't have to pay him around 3 to 3.5 million. AA is an upgrade that comes in cheaper and adds much needed speed with size.

AA - McFlash - Maroon
RNH- Draisaitl -Lucic

Run with that top 6 this season, switch them as necessary, get rid of Pakarinen in the off-season, bring up Pulju next season. The season after that Yamamoto replaces Nuge. U maintain a nice cap structure and work around Kassian, Slepyshev, and Letestu in the bottom 6.

Kagomeboy

HF board regular Otaku
Mar 7, 2017
Coquitlam
This poster gets it. Caggiula might actually be happy to get a top 6 role, Oilers do him a favour and in return don't have to pay him around 3 to 3.5 million. AA is an upgrade that comes in cheaper and adds much needed speed with size.
That poster does not get it.they wil not get AA.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
The management hasnt made any moves to be a better team this season. Strome/Ebs was at its best a capdump, 3-4 liners isnt our problem. At least a reliable back up but not even that. So for a succesful season they hope that all our youngsters will develop and that puli is ready for top rw duty. Both benning and nurse has been shaky and gryba is still here. Sekera out and will not be in shape before the playoffs. Cant rely on McD line do all the production, maroon will certainly not repeat last season. My suggestion is forget this season and split up McD /Drai and try to have 2 lines going for future sucess . Make neccessary changes off season and go after the price next season.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
AA is no guarantee... at all. He was fed very heavy o-zone starts and his defensive numbers while he was on the ice were poor.

He can do one thing well (in a small NHL sample size so far)... and that's score goals which is obviously a very valuable skill at the NHL level... but just be aware that he has flaws and has been sheltered heavily in his games so far at the NHL level.

Reactions: ulyssesjoyce

Kagomeboy

HF board regular Otaku
Mar 7, 2017
Coquitlam
AA is no guarantee... at all. He was fed very heavy o-zone starts and his defensive numbers while he was on the ice were poor.

He can do one thing well (in a small NHL sample size so far)... and that's score goals which is obviously a very valuable skill at the NHL level... but just be aware that he has flaws and has been sheltered heavily in his games so far at the NHL level.

Now this poster gets it.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017

True, but playing with McDavid and Maroon, is also in a way being sheltered while just going out and do what he does best, skate and shoot. Let McDavid make the plays, let Maroon grind it out, just be the trigger man when called upon. AA just feels like a perfect fit with this team moving forward. I'm all in with this duo. AA-McFlash

Kagomeboy

HF board regular Otaku
Mar 7, 2017
Coquitlam
True, but playing with McDavid and Maroon, is also in a way being sheltered while just going out and do what he does best, skate and shoot. Let McDavid make the plays, let Maroon grind it out, just be the trigger man when called upon. AA just feels like a perfect fit with this team moving forward. I'm all in with this duo. AA-McFlash
I think the poster is right ,he AA will not be the player you think he will be.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Sell low on Cagguila?If anything thats a pretty even value.
I think Drake has a lot more to offer and a more valuable ceiling.
Honestly the Detroit model is a great way to get him to maximize his potential.

Athanasiou doesn't deserve top line, but his speed may make him a bargain contract until Puljujarvi is ready to rumble in that spot. Or Yamamoto. Great move going forward I think. Worth the risk.

Wonder if they would expand to a retained Kronwall. Get him to 3.5 maybe. I would add a second and some prospect perhaps. But Kronwall... Isn't good anymore.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I think when Bill Daly and his obliterati of NHL exec cronies got together for the predetermined outcomes they just decided to flip Edmonton and Vegas at the last second.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

AA - McFlash - Maroon
RNH- Draisaitl -Lucic

Run with that top 6 this season, switch them as necessary, get rid of Pakarinen in the off-season, bring up Pulju next season. The season after that Yamamoto replaces Nuge. U maintain a nice cap structure and work around Kassian, Slepyshev, and Letestu in the bottom 6.
Explain to me why AA gets less money while being the supposedly better player?? He has an offer of at last $2.5M on the table and wants more. To earn $3.5M Caggiula probably needs a 40+ point season with at least 15-20 goals. If you think can do that then why would you make this deal given that at this point Detroit would be asking for a significant plus to make the trade based on Holland's ask.

I'd also like to know why people are convinced that AA is going to be worth the price. He has a very sparse record of consistent production going back to juniors and in the AHL.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
You do not need metrics or numbers,stop with your love for stats.
I don't even like analytics. But your arguments 100 percent consist of you claiming stuff and refusing to back any of it. Your only replies have been calling people goofs or calling them too negative. You need to provide some tangible evidence.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
I don't even know where to post this lol.

But this 4 day break between games is brutal. What kind of scheduling is this.

I don't mind it considering Draisaitl received a high stick or something in the Jets game and missed the last two practices. The less games without him the better, hopefully he's good to go on Saturday.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I don't mind it considering Draisaitl received a high stick or something in the Jets game and missed the last two practices. The less games without him the better, hopefully he's good to go on Saturday.

That's 100% reasonable and logical lol. Just after waiting months for hockey to come back we get a little taste and then need to wait a week. It's too much!

NegativeNelly

Jun 23, 2016
Edmonton
Wasn't it about 6 or 7 years ago the Oil started 6-2-2 and the parade was being planned, but the training wheels fell off once the other teams got their legs back and shook off the rust? I think this team will bounce back and look good doing it.

Reactions: SomeDudeOTI
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad