Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
If we could get miller or Schmidt from Vegas I'm game but I doubt they trade them for that very reason

Getting Schmidt from Vegas would be a coup, but I have no reason to think that they are entertaining the idea of trading him. He's almost exactly what they need going forward.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Bob McKenzie tweeting about MacArthur today. I'm too big of a noob to embed tweets so....

the bobfather said:
Will be interesting to see Clarke Macarthur's status with OTT this year. He'll report to camp but will he be cleared by Sens' Dr. to play?

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/907993016622833667

Possibly a non-story, only post it because the guys on TSN 1200 were talking about it with the implication being that they feel Bob McKenzie doesn't just tweet stuff out without purpose.

On a side note, Bob McKenzie did a pretty good sit down with Pierre Dorion (and every other Canadian GM). http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/dorion-confident-that-sens-are-a-playoff-team~1205905

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Would love Theodore out of Vegas. Doubt they'd move him for less than a 1st.

I think that's an understatement....they have no reason to move Theodore. He's probably considered a core player of their franchise going forward.

It's not even like they could move him for another young player in a different position because their team is so raw that they probably won't even know what they really need for another 2-3 years when players start growing. They clearly aren't trying to win now.

I just can't see them moving Theodore, they really lucked out getting him in the expansion draft.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

So this helps a ton with Turris negotiations right? Another player in a Canadian market, putting up similar numbers, coming off a steal of a contract. I know it's not as simple as that, but it can't hurt, right?

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI

So this helps a ton with Turris negotiations right? Another player in a Canadian market, putting up similar numbers, coming off a steal of a contract. I know it's not as simple as that, but it can't hurt, right?

Still think Turris comes in under 6Mil. but should be more then Little as he isn't the Jets 1C, Turris is ours..

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

2013-14 Winnipeg Jets NHL 82 23 41 64
2014-15 Winnipeg Jets NHL 70 24 28 52
2015-16 Winnipeg Jets NHL 57 17 25 42
2016-17 Winnipeg Jets NHL 59 21 26 47

2013-14 Ottawa Senators NHL 82 26 32 58
2014-15 Ottawa Senators NHL 82 24 40 64
2015-16 Ottawa Senators NHL 57 13 17 30
2016-17 Ottawa Senators NHL 78 27 28 55

I thought the same thing initially. Can't hurt. I could see Turris getting close to 6m over 7

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Still think Turris comes in under 6Mil. but should be more then Little as he isn't the Jets 1C, Turris is ours..

I think Little and Turris' usage has been pretty similar up until this past season; Schiefele's emergence shifting Little down the totem pole doesn't change his value on the open market though Turris has more leverage to ensure we specifically sign him, meaning no guarantee of a home town discount.

Having said that, we have options at center; Brassard is pretty much in a 1a 1b situation with Turris, despite disappointing production last year. Pageau has shown the ability to play 2nd line with Turris (or Brassard) out. Brown and White are on the way. The preference is clearly to keep Turris in the mix, but it's not do or die imo. We aren't without leverage here either.

Little's contract will certainly be used as a comparable by the Sens, and we may even aim to come in below it, as he's had slightly better production than Turris on average.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

They are pretty much the exact same hockey player (position, hand, draft, production, size) except Turris is two years younger. Bad news for him great news for the sens. His 7 million contract demands are looking pretty ridiculous at this point.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
They are pretty much the exact same hockey player (position, hand, draft, production, size) except Turris is two years younger. Bad news for him great news for the sens. His 7 million contract demands are looking pretty ridiculous at this point.

I must have missed this .. is this a thing?

MaxTheLimit

Hockey ruins all my personal relationships
Jul 21, 2016
Ontario

Do you have a source for this, because I haven't seen anything like this, anywhere.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Little's contract is great for the Sens as a Turris comparable. That's a very low number.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario

Link?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

What do you mean?

First we have no idea what he's actually asking for.

Second, look at market value for a C that can put up about 60 points playing first line duty that have signed in the last year or 2 while being UFAs. They are paid 7M.

This contract for Little is a steal, he would've got more than that on the marlet easily.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
What do you mean?

First we have no idea what he's actually asking for.

Second, look at market value for a C that can put up about 60 points playing first line duty that have signed in the last year or 2 while being UFAs. They are paid 7M.

This contract for Little is a steal, he would've got more than that on the marlet easily.

This is all true.

The contract for Little is a positive for the Senators, but with UFAs hometown discounts don't matter nearly as much because there's no arbitration and if a player feels he's worth the upper ceiling of the market, all he has to do is hit free agency and if he's right, he'll get that amount.

So I don't think people should get the impression that now if we have to pay Turris between 6M-7M the Sens got fleeced. There's absolutely NO reason Turris should sign for Little money other than wanting to take a hometown discount.

It's still great for the Sens in a sense that Little signing for as low as he did means that Little didn't sign for something like 6.5 or 7 and further establish what Turris should get, but it's not going to redefine the market place. Hopefully that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad