Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018 ‎part deux the sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
The belief is, the Avs want Ottawa defenceman Cody Ceci, a first-round pick in 2017, along with one of the club’s two blue-chip prospects  Saint John blueliner Thomas Chabot or Boston College centre Colin White  plus a couple of other parts in return for Duchene or Landeskog.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2017/02/13...scenario-wouldnt-make-sense-for-ottawa-dorion

That was when our 2017 pick was looking to be in the 16-20 type range prior to the deadline.

The only way I can see us getting in on Duchene again is if Sakic needs an out from the hole he has dug for himself and wants to do a 1 for 1 deal for a forward who is under contract for a while or an upcoming RFA in order to wash his hands of Duchene because nobody is giving him the package he wants, and he can't just move Duchene for a subpar return after holding out for as long as he has. A similar situation to the Weber/Subban trade where Subban's upcoming NTC forced MTLs hands to pull the trigger on the Weber swap, but in this case Sakic is doing it not because of the NTC but because Duchene is about to hold out.

In that case, who do we have? That pretty much would mean either Stone or Hoffman for Duchene, no one else really makes much sense from a COL perspective.

No chance Sakic gets what he wanted at trade deadline at the beginning of the season, is he willing to wait until trade deadline to move him again? Unlikely.

As you stated there's a rumour that Duchene is going to hold out of training camp and possibly the start of season, if that turns out to be true he obviously is demanding a trade, and as was the case with Spezza, who is a better player than Duchene in all aspects, the trade will be underwhelming from a COL perspective since Sakic has over demanded himself into a massive hole.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
No chance Sakic gets what he wanted at trade deadline at the beginning of the season, is he willing to wait until trade deadline to move him again? Unlikely.

As you stated there's a rumour that Duchene is going to hold out of training camp and possibly the start of season, if that turns out to be true he obviously is demanding a trade, and as was the case with Spezza, who is a better player than Duchene in all aspects, the trade will be underwhelming from a COL perspective since Sakic has over demanded himself into a massive hole.

The thing about Sakic is, he can't just trade Duchene for a package deal that isn't an absolute home run or else he just looks like a huge dick head and a failed GM for not just pulling the trigger anytime during the last year. This is why I wouldn't be surprised seeing him side step things and go in a different direction by swapping Duchene 1 for 1 for another forward with some term.

Even if it's not what he really wants, he can wash his hands of the situation and use GM talk to pretend it was something he considered as a viable option all along.

Maybe something around MTL for Galchenyuk. Who he probably wouldn't want at the expense of Duchene....but at this point like I said, the guy has to find a way to end this without making himself out to be the fool.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I doubt he sits out camp.

Wouldn't be wise.

The way I see it, worst case scenario he can come back to the Avalanche in October. The well has already been poisoned, so he's not doing any further damage. Best case scenario, the threat of holding out expedites a trade that Sakic is clearly in no rush to make.

I don't think anybody will think less of Duchene for holding out after how this situation has been handled by Sakic, and compared to the guys career earnings, any money he'll miss by holding out for a month or two is minimal. (Yeah, I know it sounds silly to call thousands if not hundreds of thousand dollars minimal to a person)

What am I missing, or why do you feel differently about Duchene holding out?

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Hoffman-Turris-Pageau
Smith-Duchene-Stone
Macarthur-Brassard-Ryan
Dzingel-Thompson-Burrows

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I can't believe some people in here are guessing that MacA is retiring based on one instagram pic. Please let the season begin.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
The way I see it, worst case scenario he can come back to the Avalanche in October. The well has already been poisoned, so he's not doing any further damage. Best case scenario, the threat of holding out expedites a trade that Sakic is clearly in no rush to make.

I don't think anybody will think less of Duchene for holding out after how this situation has been handled by Sakic, and compared to the guys career earnings, any money he'll miss by holding out for a month or two is minimal. (Yeah, I know it sounds silly to call thousands if not hundreds of thousand dollars minimal to a person)

What am I missing, or why do you feel differently about Duchene holding out?

You don't think anyone would think less of Duchene for holding out, while he is under contract for multiple more years? He has been mistreated because his GM did not specifically state that he would not trade him, a player without a NMC or NTC?

I think people really need to step back from this situation and take another look, because I think a sense of perspective has been lost.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
You don't think anyone would think less of Duchene for holding out, while he is under contract for multiple more years? He has been mistreated because his GM did not specifically state that he would not trade him, a player without a NMC or NTC?

I think people really need to step back from this situation and take another look, because I think a sense of perspective has been lost.

I mean, Fans of Colorado sure will think less of him, but that doesn't directly affect his trade value. What's important is what GM's think. Why would a GM think any less of him? You don't think they'd understand getting frustrated with his situation?

In the end, I see this as Sakic's bargaining position being undermined because he took far to long to **** or get off the pot. His ask has been completely unreasonable, but he continues to dangle the bait as though he's going to get a bite. You might say GMs would now be afraid Duchene would pull the same stunt on them, but Sakic did this to himself imo.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I can't believe some people in here are guessing that MacA is retiring based on one instagram pic. Please let the season begin.

An instagram pic? The speculation is because his house is for sale and he moved back to Rochester in the summer.

I hope its not the case but his health is number one he is a great player, love the way he plays the game.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
An instagram pic? The speculation is because his house is for sale and he moved back to Rochester in the summer.

I hope its not the case but his health is number one he is a great player, love the way he plays the game.

I was pretty sure he moved back to Rochester every summer,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad