Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Nyquist would be a great replacement for MacArthur, but who do you move for him?

Does he play RW or LW for us?

Ryan-Brassard-Stone
Smith/Dzingel-Turris-Nyquist
Hoffman-Pageau-Dzingel/Smith
Burrows-Thompson-Pyatt

Dang... that looks like a solid group of forwards.

What would it take to land him...

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Why isn't Mac on LTIR?

LTIR is a cap mechanism whereby we can spend over the cap by the amount of that player's contract. If we're not up against the cap or about to acquire a player that puts us over the cap, then there's not really any reason to have him there. He should be on IR, though.

Reactions: RedWhiteBrown

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
LTIR is a cap mechanism whereby we can spend over the cap by the amount of that player's contract. If we're not up against the cap or about to acquire a player that puts us over the cap, then there's not really any reason to have him there. He should be on IR, though.
cool.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Would love to see Sam Reinhart on this team, hoping Dorion is kicking the tires but not sure I see a deal that makes sense for both sides.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
Would love to see Sam Reinhart on this team, hoping Dorion is kicking the tires but not sure I see a deal that makes sense for both sides.

Is he able to play on the wing? He wouldn't push Turris, Brassard, or JGP down the depth chart and a trade would be pointless if he was centering the 4th line.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Ryan+ for Reinhart

Good prospect + 1st for Simmonds

Dzingel-Turris-Simmonds (yummy)
Hoffman-Brassard-Stone (tasteful)
Smith-Pageau-Reinhart (me likey)
Burrows-Thompson-Pyatt

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Okay do people this getting Tavares is in anyway realistic?

I just gotta think, if he is traded, we do have the pieces to get him.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
ya players like Tavares rarely ever get traded so im gonna guess that he stays in NYI

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Tavares+Karlsson at 10.5M is probably way too hard to build around for a cap team, let alone a budget team. Add in us losing prime ELC/RFA talent in Chabot and maybe Brown or White in a Tavares deal. It just doesn't make a ton of sense.

If the Islanders arena deal doesn't work out, Tavares, if he's smart, will go to July 1st as a free agent. Stamkos was apparently offered 12M by Buffalo, who knows how lucrative the Toronto under the table "we'll get you a Canadian Tire sponsorship to subvert the cap" deal would have been.

Reactions: Cosmix

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Okay do people this getting Tavares is in anyway realistic?

I just gotta think, if he is traded, we do have the pieces to get him.

Extremely slim chance, doubt he's traded or leaves but if he does the only chance we would have is that he wants to come to live and play in Ontario for some random personal reason (Assume leafs will have cap structure in place). I thought we may be able to attract a bit more high profile player's with EK and the general team success but not holding my breath.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
What about Joe Pavelski? Haven't talked about him much

Not sure what plan SJS has but his point totals are pretty damn good.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Ryan+ for Reinhart

Good prospect + 1st for Simmonds

Dzingel-Turris-Simmonds (yummy)
Hoffman-Brassard-Stone (tasteful)
Smith-Pageau-Reinhart (me likey)
Burrows-Thompson-Pyatt

If we were able to trade for Reinhart I'd guess it was because Buffalo was high on someone in our system, Harper, Lajoie, Chalpik, that sort of player. Don't see how a Ryan/Reinhart deal works for either side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->