Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
How about just trading in general for this franchise. They have won less than 20% of the deals they have made. Just stop, our pro scouting sucks our amateur scouting is terrific. Our GM is the same, great drafter terrible trader. Just stop making trades its making the team worse and worse.

Depends. If the goal of trading is to spend less money we certainly win most of the time.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

SensEnforcer

Nov 23, 2008
Melbourne
With Dumont actually providing nothing wouldn't it be better to get a big fourth line guy that can skate, fight and be intimidating, or basicly chris neil replacement because Dumont is a black hole. Can anyone think of a player or a trade to accommodate?

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
With Dumont actually providing nothing wouldn't it be better to get a big fourth line guy that can skate, fight and be intimidating, or basicly chris neil replacement because Dumont is a black hole. Can anyone think of a player or a trade to accommodate?

Like to see a bit more of Paul to be honest. Thought he played well in the Ranger game.

Reactions: Icelevel

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

The best option would be Tom Wilson from the Capitals

A cheaper option would be Jordan Nolan from the Sabres

Both are better than Dumont

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
I'm in favour of calling up DiDo again. Still don't really know why he got waived he was playing pretty well.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
Hopefully two of Batherson, White, Formenton, Chaplik and Brown can become top 9 forwards in the near future to complete our top 9 and push some players down/out. If I was to bet on it, I think Formenton will be a top 9 player for us for sure some day, and hopefully he and Brown are top 6 as that would help us a whole lot.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Hopefully two of Batherson, White, Formenton, Chaplik and Brown can become top 9 forwards in the near future to complete our top 9 and push some players down/out. If I was to bet on it, I think Formenton will be a top 9 player for us for sure some day, and hopefully he and Brown are top 6 as that would help us a whole lot.
Not while Boucher is the coach. We could probably trade one or all of them for Ryan Callahan or Chris Kunitz though.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
come on man I was just trying to have some hypothetical discussion to procrastinate studying for exams and not have a anti-dorion circle jerk, already have had 5 of those this past week
I wouldn't, no. Callahan's contract is horrendous. He's trash. Phaneuf at least fills a role that we need despite his awful contract.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
I wouldn't, no. Callahan's contract is horrendous. He's trash. Phaneuf at least fills a role that we need despite his awful contract.

I think I'd agree, however the bonus is one less year in callahan's contract and imo he's still an adequate bottom 6 player, definitely an upgrade on Burrows for instance, but yea I guess Phanuef is still an okayish #4 which is worth like 5 million in todays NHL. His skating scares the shit out of me because if it gets any worse and we have to watch Philips 2.0 I will lose years of my life. Probably still side with you because Phaneuf probably still provides more value than gaining a late first

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I'm guessing once White is called up, he'll be here to stay (soon pls?).

Then you can rotate Dumont and Burrows as the 12th forward.

Smith-Pageau-White
Pyatt-Thompson-Dumont/Burrows

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I think I'd agree, however the bonus is one less year in callahan's contract and imo he's still an adequate bottom 6 player, definitely an upgrade on Burrows for instance, but yea I guess Phanuef is still an okayish #4 which is worth like 5 million in todays NHL. His skating scares the **** out of me because if it gets any worse and we have to watch Philips 2.0 I will lose years of my life. Probably still side with you because Phaneuf probably still provides more value than gaining a late first
If we didn't have Scrooge McDuck as an owner I'd actually do something like Phaneuf for Raddysh/Joseph/Stevens/Cirelli, Callahan and a 3rd. Buyout Callahan in June which would cost 1.6M in real dollars for 4 years. Then you'd have a player nearly ready to be plugged in the line up and about 5M freed up for Stone's extension.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Boucher eases the rookies in, I'm not sure what the problem is. Half of you complain non stop about players being rushed, and the complain because they're not being relied on enough.

The rookies play less for positive reasons. Guy carefully monitors their minutes, protects their ice time, and lets them progress slowly, allowing their confidence to build. Repeated mistakes can lead to watching other's do it right for a few shifts from the ice, but we know Guy is a teacher and likes to bring players along slowly, making sure they get each building block down pat before adding another one.

I really don't understand why people feel like the rookies are sad, and Guy punishing, when the reality is that he's focusing on developing the player in order to bring out their potential. He's not relying on the kids to win us games, he's relying on the established players to do that while the rookies focus on developing their game.

Once again the loudest mouths have somehow fabricated this idea that Guy doesn't like to play rookies, when in reality he's protecting them and developing them; exactly what we all want to happen.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
People don't like that Chabot is being
Boucher eases the rookies in, I'm not sure what the problem is. Half of you complain non stop about players being rushed, and the complain because they're not being relied on enough.

The rookies play less for positive reasons. Guy carefully monitors their minutes, protects their ice time, and lets them progress slowly, allowing their confidence to build. Repeated mistakes can lead to watching other's do it right for a few shifts from the ice, but we know Guy is a teacher and likes to bring players along slowly, making sure they get each building block down pat before adding another one.

I really don't understand why people feel like the rookies are sad, and Guy punishing, when the reality is that he's focusing on developing the player in order to bring out their potential. He's not relying on the kids to win us games, he's relying on the established players to do that while the rookies focus on developing their game.

Once again the loudest mouths have somehow fabricated this idea that Guy doesn't like to play rookies, when in reality he's protecting them and developing them; exactly what we all want to happen.

If Methot was still here and Chabot was playing third pairing minutes, I don't think as many people would be upset with the way he's being handled.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
Tampa Bay's top 4 is Hedman/Dotchin and Sergachev/Stralman.

So they're going to take on a longer, more expensive contract and give up a 1st or really good prospect just so they can stick Phaneuf on the bottom pairing?

Yeah from their perspective that makes no sense at all. If anything they would simply buy out Callahan themselves and keep their nice prospect or pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad