Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
+/- is usually seen as this barometer of defensive ability, at least for defensemen. He was -1 before returning from Sweden even with a -6 game, and he's -17 since. He was okay those first 11 games - nothing like he was for the past three seasons but pretty decent considering the circumstances. The last 14 games he has two points, and that has something to do with that -17 rating. He hasn't been good defensively but IMO he's been even worse offensively. If he puts up 12-15 points in those 14 games (usual production) the plus-minus would be a lot better and obviously, so would the team.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Hock Karlsson now. The longer the term on his contract, the more we'll get for him. He'd be out of his mind to stay on this team, not that we'd consider resigning him anyway.

If they traded him now, he could play with his new team for 1.5 seasons and then hit free agency. To get the most out of him they'd have to trade him over the summer where he could negotiate a new contract with his new team. A GM will give up a lot more for 9 years of EK than for 1.5, needless to say.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Theirs. Theyre getting the best d man in the NHL.

Edit: do you actually think NJ and Columbus are overpaying?

Now that I think the jackets one isn't the worst. That NJ one Though
He's not the best D-man this yr, so far anyway & it remains to be seen if he will ever get back to that. Columbus maybe, NJ we are getting two good pieces while NJ would get a goalie who is almost done.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Hoff for Maroon plus has been circulating for abit.

What kind of return do you really expect from Pageau? Ok maybe not Cole but we need a solid defenseman on the Leftside.

The Karl trade ideas should really just stop until the summer....
I haven't heard it once. If that's what you expect for pageau. WHy on earth would you trade him.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Off of edm? It's either gonna be RNH or pool party for Hoffman cant see anyone else making it worth it for Ottawa (outside of the obvious)

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
A deal revolving around Hoffman and Wideman/Claesson for Klefbom and Maroon would be cool

Anything less and I'm not interested. Hoffman isn't exactly a guy who we should look at trading right now, given our scoring issues.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Edmonton doesn’t want Hoffman, he is the opposite of what Chiarelli likes in his players.

My guess is if Hoffmis traded it’s too LA

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I have to admit that I'm not enamoured with Hoffman and would be happy to see him traded for the right deal. I see a moody, streaky, sniper who isn't willing to take a hit to make a play, or to battle hard enough to win a puck battle.

If we can shop him as a ready made sniper, in return for a young player with top six potential, or top four. Or swap him for something on EDM that could also be used better here, I'd be stoked.

He's the one player on the roster that doesn't work hard for his dinner and as our top goal scoring threat it's unacceptable.

I don't think I have disliked a player this much in a long time. Dzingle uses his speed to drive, forecheck, and engage, maybe that's why it's so obvious to meet what Hoffman is unwilling to do.

Reactions: Roth Fire and JD1

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
I have to admit that I'm not enamoured with Hoffman and would be happy to see him traded for the right deal. I see a moody, streaky, sniper who isn't willing to take a hit to make a play, or to battle hard enough to win a puck battle.

If we can shop him as a ready made sniper, in return for a young player with top six potential, or top four. Or swap him for something on EDM that could also be used better here, I'd be stoked.

He's the one player on the roster that doesn't work hard for his dinner and as our top goal scoring threat it's unacceptable.

I don't think I have disliked a player this much in a long time. Dzingle uses his speed to drive, forecheck, and engage, maybe that's why it's so obvious to meet what Hoffman is unwilling to do.

hey its not good to talk about peoples personalities ;)

and the rest of your post is pretty strange - at least to dislike Hoffman so much. But to each there own.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Hoffman for Simmonds as a base is something I would entertain

but we might need to decide if we are rebuilding/retooling or not

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Oh boy, intra-division trading! That never backfires!

How about just trading in general for this franchise. They have won less than 20% of the deals they have made. Just stop, our pro scouting sucks our amateur scouting is terrific. Our GM is the same, great drafter terrible trader. Just stop making trades its making the team worse and worse.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Hoffman is a good complimentary player but he is super soft which is something I thought he would develop ie going to the net to score goals

I wouldn't give him up for futures though

Reactions: Roth Fire

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
A deal revolving around Hoffman and Wideman/Claesson for Klefbom and Maroon would be cool

Anything less and I'm not interested. Hoffman isn't exactly a guy who we should look at trading right now, given our scoring issues.

the flip side is Hoffman is a guy a coach would trade because 1/2 the time he seems uninterested in playing the game properly....a GM maybe not but a coach dislikes that type of player

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
He's not having a good year, but was performing at a top pairing level last season.

Buy low sell high.

Plus I think he'd be the perfect partner for EK. Think Methot with a (Klef)bomb of a shot.

very clever Hale...I see what you did there

bit of a klefhanger I guess waiting to see if a deal goes down

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
+/- is usually seen as this barometer of defensive ability, at least for defensemen. He was -1 before returning from Sweden even with a -6 game, and he's -17 since. He was okay those first 11 games - nothing like he was for the past three seasons but pretty decent considering the circumstances. The last 14 games he has two points, and that has something to do with that -17 rating. He hasn't been good defensively but IMO he's been even worse offensively. If he puts up 12-15 points in those 14 games (usual production) the plus-minus would be a lot better and obviously, so would the team.

Not to be rude, but literally no one sees +/- as a barometer of defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad