Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Lets not forget AA is only 23, we should definitely be willing to move some of our prospects for him.

Keep White Brown Chabot Jaros

Other guys should be considered for players under 25 imo

On salary, we can deal with that in the summer- no chance I'm trading Smith in season if we can afford the player coming back.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So why do we think AA is available?
Tbh, the only reason he should be available is if Detroit thinks he'll be too expensive to re-sign, in which case, we really shouldn't be interested.

I'd love to target a top 6 LW (or if we move Ryan to LW, RW) upgrade. Hoffman is great, but after that, Dzingel and Smith are better suited to the 3rd line imo.

Ideally, we need something skilled and cost controlled, which is why AA comes up. Too bad about MacArthur, he would have been ideal, though maybe we can replace him with a less expensive option.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Lets not forget AA is only 23, we should definitely be willing to move some of our prospects for him.

Keep White Brown Chabot Jaros

Other guys should be considered for players under 25 imo

On salary, we can deal with that in the summer- no chance I'm trading Smith in season if we can afford the player coming back.

If they'd take Oduya, Wideman (that's a maybe), Paul, Smith or Burrows type of return then sure. I doubt they would.

At this point I hope PD intends to keep our blue chip prospects, unless a Tavares trade comes along (and it won't with resigning Karlsson).

I agree with White, Brown, Chabot, Jaros for sure, but I'd add Chlapik, Harpur, Lajoie, plus Formenton and Batherson to that list. The next tier has Englund, Perron, Gagne type of player. These are the guys to be moved, but I doubt they'd be looked at by other GMs as more than a throw in.

Would they do a Wideman and Paul for AA? Its a stretch

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
AA is a dream. We'll be making trades for wingels/stalberg/burrows types. Which is fine. For the right price of course. Adding speed to the bottom six is key. Especially in the POs

MaxTheLimit

Hockey ruins all my personal relationships
Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
Dorion implied on TSN 12000 today that the Sens are pretty comfortable with who they have now and aren't looking for a top 6 guy.

Not sure if it's true or not, but that's what he was saying.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Dorion implied on TSN 12000 today that the Sens are pretty comfortable with who they have now and aren't looking for a top 6 guy.

I would think we'll sit tight at least for a while to see how it shakes out. Smith won't be gone long, Bobby is back now, Dido looks like he's staying, and both White & Paul are looking ready if needed.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I can't see why they'd be in any rush to improve the top 6 now with Ryan coming back from injury. Smith or Dzingel as our 6th top 6 player isn't all that bad, and we have White who could climb up the ranks once he gets his inevitable shot at the NHL.

Imo, our next move should be to trade Wideman for futures. Harpur seems to have more of Boucher's trust currently, and Chabot is clearly in the future plans. We still have 7 NHL ready Dmen once Wideman is gone, along with decent call up options in Jaros and Englund.

Reactions: Cosmix

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Dorion said something to the affect of, unless we're getting them really cheap, we're not after a top 6 forward for now.

Makes sense. I'd expect us to eventually add a 3rd liner if none of our young guys step up as regulars, or if Guy Boucher is still too afraid of teenagers (or people in their early 20s) to give a player like White 3rd line minutes.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Dzingel-Brassard-Stone
Hoffman-Duchene-Ryan
DiDominico-Pageau-Pyatt
Thompson-Smith-Burrows

Claesson-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
Oduya-Harper
Wideman/Boro

See what that can do over the next 2-3 months

It's nothing special but it's pretty deep with talent everywhere. I think in 2-3 months Chabot will make his way to the roster. I also believe by deadline(depending if we are top 2 in division) or by next year we will add one more strong top 6er and will go for it.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I read that MacArthur's career is officially done. It was a Tweet from Shawn Simpson.

Dorion left the door open for next year but it seems unlikely that he ever returns, he said today that MacArthur moved to Florida and won't play this season.

Last edited:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Thanks. This year 99% not coming back. Next year still up in the air. It seems strange that there is not more info.

Still up in the air is probably too optimistic... He seemed doubtful..

Ya I don't really understand why they can't make more clear statements about it. Does it have to do with LTIR and having to do the physical every year?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Ya I don't really understand why they can't make more clear statements about it. Does it have to do with LTIR and having to do the physical every year?
Likely something to do with insurance or contract compliance .. LTIR as well if they use that vehicle.
What I would like to know is , if he is having surgery, if he is rehabbing, if he is working out to come back, if he is lounging ...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It will be interesting to see what White can do up here
Agreed. IMO stepping in from rehabbing to playing , for his first couple of games was an adjustment and he is getting better as he plays down there. I think he will be there for a bit yet. Dorion said he needs to get stronger, which I agree with .. Dorion when he is the best forward in Belleville he will get a callup.
White plays on the boards quite a bit in both o and d zones so physical strength helps for that game.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Maybe Melnyck knows he is selling the team and this is his last chance to win a Cup and has instructed Dorion to trade the future for the present so #1 Melnyck gets his name on the Cup #2 the value of the franchise goes up with winning a Cup

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
AA is a dream. We'll be making trades for wingels/stalberg/burrows types. Which is fine. For the right price of course. Adding speed to the bottom six is key. Especially in the POs

Our top 6 is:

Ryan - Brassard - Stone
Hoffman -Duchene -Dzingel (arguably)

The bottom six are:
Smith - Pageau - Pyatt
Didomenico - Thompson - Burrows

Which ones are too slow and therefore should be replaced?

I would like to see an upgrade in the bottom six. A big strong physical mean winger who can play defense and the PK would be a great addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad