Proposal: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread | Lebrun Speculates Jan Rutta Weekend Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Would be nice to skip to the draft and free agency day already.

Sure would be nice. Just a long wait now :(

IMO we should look at trading Griffin Reinhart too. I'm pretty certain Vegas is going to take him for nothing, so we should move him and force them to take one of Pakarinen, Fayne, Khaira or Pouliot.

Reinhart to Canucks for VAN 2nd, turn around and maybe use that pick to go after Mike Green.

I could actually see something like that happening. Reinhart strikes me as just the type of player Jim Benning would like, and with Tryamkin gone they might look to Reinhart as their new bottom-pairing D.

Ideally I'd actually like to keep Reinhart, especially with Sekera out. I think he'd be a good #7D this year who could provide some good competition for the bottom-pairing. Worst case scenario you could run Klef-Lars, Nurse-Russell, Reinhart-Benning as the top6 until Sekera is back.

If we move Reinhart our defensive depth will take a hit, but it's obviously better to move him than to lose him for nothing, so really depends on who Vegas is looking at. Maybe they're looking to take Reinhart and then flip him to another team. Or they take Brossoit just to **** with us, a divisional rival. That would suddenly make us scramble for a backup. I don't know which one is more likely. Or if they have any interest in Pouliot or Khaira. All four guys are pretty equal in value (to Vegas) IMO.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I think it's losing Broissoit is a best car scenario IMO. It's not difficult to find a backup these days in the NHL and is are we're going to have to shop for one that can cover more than a dozen or so games' next season.

No slight to the kid but he's really not an 'integral' part to the roster.

I really can't put my finger on what McPhee is thinking though. Any of the guys they choose from is need to be on their roster put they get exposed to waivers. I can't wait to see the shenanigans that go down during that draft. It just seems like there'll be quite a bit of movement.

AVE MAN

Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
Ryan is not comparable with Eberle. He's a 7.25m cap hit and only scored 25 points this year. Ebs had double that many points I what many agree was a down year. Can you imagine the vitriol he would be getting if Ebs had Ryan's production?

Ebs still has positive value, both on the team and in a trade. You don't leave an asset like that unprotected just so you can hoard the letestus and kassians of the league. Those players are a dime a dozen. Terrible asset management to even entertain the thought.

For sure but I dont see a scenario that Ebs gets traded and the Oilers save a big chunk of salary. I think if we trade Ebs its dollars in, dollars out. WHo can afford to add 6mil to their cap? So it comes down to what are you paying McDavid and Drai?

Because Bobby Ryan is making $7.5m for five more seasons. Eberle has two years left on his deal.

Makes sense.

I think both Letestu and Kassian get protected.

Draisaitl
Maroon
Nuge
Eberle
Lucic
Letestu
Kassian

Klefbom
Larsson
Sekera

Talbot

That makes sense to me. Pouliot, Pakarainen, Fayne, Brossoit meet the requirements for exposed players. Khaira and Reinhart will be exposed as well.

The Oilers aren't in that bad of a spot. Reinhart will likely go, which sucks because he had a great year on the farm, but it's not going to cripple the team.

That's actually a pretty good scenario for the Oil if that's who they end up protecting and it makes sense to me the way you laid it out.

Sure would be nice. Just a long wait now :(

I could actually see something like that happening. Reinhart strikes me as just the type of player Jim Benning would like, and with Tryamkin gone they might look to Reinhart as their new bottom-pairing D.

The only thing is, whoever would trade for Reinhart would have to end up protecting him and he's done nothing in his NHL career to warrant an NHL team protecting him.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
For sure but I dont see a scenario that Ebs gets traded and the Oilers save a big chunk of salary. I think if we trade Ebs its dollars in, dollars out. WHo can afford to add 6mil to their cap? So it comes down to what are you paying McDavid and Drai?

There's a few teams like Las Vegas and Arizona. Plus if the cap goes to 77M (High outcome), almost any team could fit him under their budget. Never say never.

John Connor McDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Interview on TSN has Van GM Benning gunning for a playmaking center.

With Nuge being a BC boy - was wondering if they'd be interested in something like:

Tanev (4.45M, 6'2 RHD)
Sutter (4.375M, 54% on faceoffs, 35pts)

for

Nuge (6M)
Pouliot (4M dump)
3rd

Gives us some depth and salary relief heading forward (esp. with Sekera injured), as well as a long-term lock for 2nd pairing RD:

Maroon-McDavid-Caggiula
Lucic-Draisaitl-Eberle
_____-Sutter-Kassian
Slepyshev-Letestu-Pakarinen

Klefbom-Larsson
_____-Tanev
Nurse-Benning

Could re-sign Russell and have him play with Tanev for first part of year till Sekera returns.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
Draisaitl
Maroon
Nuge
Lucic

Klefbom
Larsson
Sekera
Hamonic

Talbot

there is a possibility that a few teams (NYI, Florda, Ducks) may trade a dman instead of losing one to Vegas. Without the draft, Eberle does not get you Hamonic.

A trade like that gives us some cap flexibility and sets up our defence for the next 3-4 years.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Interview on TSN has Van GM Benning gunning for a playmaking center.

With Nuge being a BC boy - was wondering if they'd be interested in something like:

Tanev (4.45M, 6'2 RHD)
Sutter (4.375M, 54% on faceoffs, 35pts)

for

Nuge (6M)
Pouliot (4M dump)
3rd

Gives us some depth and salary relief heading forward (esp. with Sekera injured), as well as a long-term lock for 2nd pairing RD:
Tanev is 7 seasons into NHL and has yet to play a full season. 50 games a season is pretty much average for him. Also, he may be 6'2" in height he isnt a 'big gritty ' player. An inch shorter and ~20lbs lighter than Mark Fayne.

Having said that he was a plus player on a horrible team and value wise he is close to RNH all by himself. Doubt Pouliot+3rd for Sutter would fly well with VAN fans.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Draisaitl
Maroon
Nuge
Lucic

Klefbom
Larsson
Sekera
Hamonic

Talbot

there is a possibility that a few teams (NYI, Florda, Ducks) may trade a dman instead of losing one to Vegas. Without the draft, Eberle does not get you Hamonic.

A trade like that gives us some cap flexibility and sets up our defence for the next 3-4 years.

exposing Kassian and Letestu sucks but I would be fine with this.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Lowetide with an interesting thought today...Eberle for Eakin + Ritchie?

Cody Eakin scored three goals playing RNH's minutes last season. If he wasn't 'unlucky', he statistically would've scored eight goals. His contract is worse than Pouliot's in terms of being an anchor on the salary cap.

Waste of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->