Speculation: Trade Rumors and Proposals Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I could see this. Even if we sign Gaudeau, it betters our chances at Arnold. Those two together have to improve our chances at Hayes. They were the best line in the NCAA this year, maybe one of the best in the NCAA. Those guys carried something silly like 70% of the team's offense. I don't know if that number is true but I remember it being high!

Hayes would have a legit shot in the Flames system being a RW, a position we're terribly weak in

If it is looking like the Hawks cannot sign him, maybe we can get him for a similar deal like we got Knight for? Man I'd be stoked if we signed him!

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
Just saw funniest thing on another form. I use it for jokes because it's all mental Leaf fans. This was the proposal

CGY-Giordano, Monahan, Glencross
TOR-Kadri, Gardiner, 2014 1st, Riemer

Flames' surplus-young C's, puck moving D's, Goalies. Glenny won't move his NMC and
Gio > Gardiner, 1st

Monahan > Kadri

Glencross > Riemer

Although same post said Stamkos is a Leaf in the off-season because St Louis asked out so there has to be a problem :facepalm: Kadri, 2014 1st, Gardiner. They said one will be done :facepalm:

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
The trade proposal sub forum here is inhabited by insane people. I've seen at least a couple "fair" trades this season involving Gio+Monahan for Leaf spare parts.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The trade proposal sub forum here is inhabited by insane people. I've seen at least a couple "fair" trades this season involving Gio+Monahan for Leaf spare parts.

Well, in fairness, most of those people were probably around for the Phaneuf trade.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
So the Hawks just signed college FA Matt Carey! Gotta wonder especially with TT coming over if they are anticipating not being able to sign Hayes. I really Burke swoops in and gets his rights for cheap and signs this guy.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
So the Hawks just signed college FA Matt Carey! Gotta wonder especially with TT coming over if they are anticipating not being able to sign Hayes. I really Burke swoops in and gets his rights for cheap and signs this guy.

Yup same here. I don't remember the last time 3 players who played in juniors/college on the same line played on the same line in an NHL club. I guarantee Hartley would try it somewhere down the line, and if not.. the Heat will probably try it. :laugh:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Since Hayes was a 1st round pick the Hawks get the 54th pick in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft if they do not sign him, they would not trade his rights for less than that and I personally do not feel he is worth a 2nd round pick and has very little chance at being an regular NHLer.

I wouldn't be upset if we tossed a UFA contract at him if he walks from the Hawks, but I wouldn't want to give up any assets for him.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010

Carey reported to the AHL as per NHL.com, but I thought we established that Agostino couldn't play for the AHL this season?

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
He can't participate in the playoffs. He could still play there during the season, though, right?

Damned if I know. I thought there was debate about a waiver deadline. Actually, if I recall it had to do with Monahan and the CHL agreement. My mistake.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Damned if I know. I thought there was debate about a waiver deadline. Actually, if I recall it had to do with Monahan and the CHL agreement. My mistake.

No, you're right, that was the relevant conversation. It was about whether Monahan could go to the playoffs, and it was determined that he couldn't even if the 67's' season was over.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
He can't participate in the playoffs. He could still play there during the season, though, right?
No, if Matt Carey signed an NHL deal that begins this year he cannot be demoted this year as per the CBA. However if his contract starts next year he can sign an ATO (like his brother did with with Phoenix and Portland) with Rockford and play in the AHL and AHL playoff this year.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Anglesmith is a MOD and MG is not.. Are my eyes deceiving me?

AH, I wouldn't trade a first for him either, no way. Perhaps we trade them a prospect or 2, or we send them a combination of a prospect and RFA? The reason I like Hayes is that we do not really have much else like him in our system.

Aug 3, 2010

AH, I wouldn't trade a first for him either, no way. Perhaps we trade them a prospect or 2, or we send them a combination of a prospect and RFA? The reason I like Hayes is that we do not really have much else like him in our system.

The new reich begins now :sarcasm:?

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010

Maybe Hanowski + 3rd?

But I think its simply easier to wait and sign him once we lock up JG and Arnold

Padlock

Mar 8, 2009
Just curious how many people would trade Monahan for Seth Jones and we switch places in the draft this year? Fills needs for both teams, though I believe Calgary still wins this trade hands down

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Just curious how many people would trade Monahan for Seth Jones and we switch places in the draft this year? Fills needs for both teams, though I believe Calgary still wins this trade hands down

I hardly think we win it "hands down." Monahan has been extremely good for us. No reason to move him for someone equally undeveloped, especially if we would be the ones reducing assets.

It doesn't really fill a need for us, because it just replaces one with another. We've been looking for top centre talent for a long time, and Monahan is exactly that.

Padlock

Mar 8, 2009
I hardly think we win it "hands down." Monahan has been extremely good for us. No reason to move him for someone equally undeveloped, especially if we would be the ones reducing assets.

It doesn't really fill a need for us, because it just replaces one with another. We've been looking for top centre talent for a long time, and Monahan is exactly that.

I guess it just depends on opinion. I don't see Monahan as an ideal top line center. I don't see him putting up the offensive numbers, more of a great second line C. I see nothing but a #1 dman in Jones. His points this year are amazing for a kid that age. And with his size, skating ability and how he sees the game I just think he will be unreal. Well worth dropping a few spots in the draft IMO. That's why I asked the question though, want to hear others thoughts!

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I agree the Flames win hands down with that. Jones will the an elite defenseman, which is more rare and two-way centerman

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I'd give any assets but Monahan up for Jones. That's counter productive.

Look at it like this:

Had the Predators taken Nishuskin (because they need offense), and Canes still take Lindholm, do you think the Flames select Jones over Monahan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad