Trade Rumors and Proposals: "Just When I Thought I was Out They Pull Me Back In" Ed.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Even the Oilers can't be dumb enough to trade for Simmonds when they are in 29th place.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Snippet courtesy of Pierre LeBrun:

Still, while the first-round picks were of utmost importance to the Flyers, no doubt they were thinking Lehtera was still a serviceable player, too.

But he hasn’t played since Dec. 2, a healthy scratch again Thursday night, and has just two assists in 17 games this season. It should surprise no one that sources confirm the team would listen to trade offers on the veteran.

Not that the Flyers don’t like the guy, by all accounts he’s been a total pro and is well-liked by his teammates. But given the Flyers’ obvious depth up front, they would certainly part with him in the right trade.

Lehtera has another year left on his deal next season at $4.7 million which might scare some teams away. It really depends on how many GMs see the potential for Lehtera to regain some of the attributes that made him a good player in St. Louis not so long ago.

As the NHL game continues to evolve into a faster game, pace is a concern with Lehtera. But he’s a smart player. Under the right conditions, I feel like he can still help a team.

If you can convince the Flyers to eat part of the salary, he might be a good buy-low candidate.

Baby%20hilarious%20laughing%20gif.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
"But given the Flyers’ obvious depth up front, they would certainly part with him in the right trade."

That's my favorite line. We have a top 9 spot for Lehtera available, he just sucks beyond belief. Also, what's the "right trade"? Any team that wants him for anything is the "right trade."

Also, the idea that the Flyers would need to be convinced to eat salary is great. You already ate 2 years @ $4.7 mil (more in salary) from the Blues because you're dumb. Suck it up.

Also also, whatever team(s) that would actually be interested in him.......don't stop with Lehtera! See what else they want!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ron ate it because he could, and wanted that 2nd 1st rd pick.
Now he wants to (doesn't need to) clear some salary the next two years before he started writing RFA contracts.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
"But given the Flyers’ obvious depth up front, they would certainly part with him in the right trade."

That's my favorite line. We have a top 9 spot for Lehtera available, he just sucks beyond belief. Also, what's the "right trade"? Any team that wants him for anything is the "right trade."

Also, the idea that the Flyers would need to be convinced to eat salary is great. You already ate 2 years @ $4.7 mil (more in salary) from the Blues because you're dumb. Suck it up.

Also also, whatever team(s) that would actually be interested in him.......don't stop with Lehtera! See what else they want!

You see, we need to translate the phrase "right trade." I believe this translates into "really, you'll take him?"

Reactions: BernieParent

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Hextall actually used "serviceable" to describe Lehtera in a radio interview, so that's public information.

I don't know if Lebrun has any sources within the Flyers. It does seem like a puff piece done as a favor for the Lehtera camp, like BillDineen said. I can't imagine there's a market for him even with 50% retention.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad