Trade Rumors and Proposals: "Just When I Thought I was Out They Pull Me Back In" Ed.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Can't trust Neuvy and Lehner would be better with Hart. I think it will be bigger if it happens.

I’m not a Neuvirth fan either. If it’s bigger, I wonder who the target is. I’m sure Hextall is in love with ROR, but can you picture him moving the kind of futures required for that? Oh god, it would probably be Pominville, wouldn’t it? I was joking before.

Lehner needs a new deal too. I like the idea of leveraging next year cap space by trying to buy a little lower on a pending RFA tied to a strapped team, but that’s not the situation here.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
I’m not a Neuvirth fan either. If it’s bigger, I wonder who the target is. I’m sure Hextall is in love with ROR, but can you picture him moving the kind of futures required for that? Oh god, it would probably be Pominville, wouldn’t it? I was joking before.

Lehner needs a new deal too. I like the idea of leveraging next year cap space by trying to buy a little lower on a pending RFA tied to a strapped team, but that’s not the situation here.
ROR would be worth it though. Not all kids are gonna make it and We would have to lose salary also.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
If Buffalo are in sell mode and the Flyers think Lehner is an upgrade on Neuvirth, why not?

Hextall loves his picks, but he also knows he can get a 3rd back pretty in another trade pretty easily.

I am not convinced he is an upgrade. He's had one great season. Since when does 1 season mean more than a body of work? Truthfully I haven't watched him much but then again if I heard he was some great goalie I would prob make more of an effort to see him play. Neuvy is fine. Let's keep our picks and worry more about replacing some of the gaps at forward

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Raffl is a good player to have in the bottom 6--versatile forward, can play up to top 6 in a pinch, and nice possession ability--and he's not really getting in the way of the "rebuild." A trade won't do much to advance the Flyers over the next season and they'd probably miss Raffl in the lineup. I'd like to see him at C if Filppula gets traded.

Why do people get so stuck on Raffl? In previous years he could successfully execute ONE MOVE! That one move has kept him on this roster and in high regard far longer than it should. Only the Flyers continuously haul guys around long after they can shoulder the load. We did it with Read too. Move on from the glory days. Give Raffl to Babcock, he'll know what to do with him - take the third and run.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Technically, Neuvirth isn't fine, cause he's injured again.

Maybe Hextall is worried about a situation where Elliott also gets hurt, and then Lyon and Tokarski are the Flyers goalies.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Technically, Neuvirth isn't fine, cause he's injured again.

Maybe Hextall is worried about situation where Elliott also gets hurt, and then Lyon and Tokarski are the Flyers goalies.

Even in that scenario, after a ten-game losing streak I am still entirely confident that goaltending should be the least of our concerns. Plenty of teams have to throw their AHL goalies in - the goalies aren't to blame for the current state of this team and quite frankly they can't do much harm in the course of a week. If Neuvy had to be our starter because Elliott got hurt, we at least know what to expect. Relying on a guy who has never played a minute here and expecting him to shoulder the load is basically the same as throwing in one of our AHL goalies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
On the other hand, imagine if Lyon and Tokarski are the Flyers goalies...

Dahlin.jpg

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Playing on shit teams like ours or Buffalo doesn't help goalies but Lehner is way better at the position then what we have. If I'm Hexy I'd get him right now because if something happens to Elliot were f***ed.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
On the other hand, imagine if Lyon and Tokarski are the Flyers goalies...

Dahlin.jpg
Neuvirth is out for a week so what's the difference. We didn't have this long of a losing streak with Robert Esche in net. The kids can't cause any more harm than what's been done to this season so far, especially not in a week.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Playing on **** teams like ours or Buffalo doesn't help goalies but Lehner is way better at the position then what we have. If I'm Hexy I'd get him right now because if something happens to Elliot were ****ed.

How are we effed? The worst has already happened this season. They can't do worse. Not in a week. How many games would Lyon have to start if Elliott got hurt before Neuvy got back? Not enough to lose 10 games in a row.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Just doing some light reading...Buffalo fans do not like Lehner. Why, you ask? Apparently he is a head case. If there is one thing that does NOT work in Philly it's head case goalies. They can't handle it; which is def our fanbase's fault but it doesn't make it any less true.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
Just doing some light reading...Buffalo fans do not like Lehner. Why, you ask? Apparently he is a head case. If there is one thing that does NOT work in Philly it's head case goalies. They can't handle it; which is def our fanbase's fault but it doesn't make it any less true.

I've watched some Buffalo games and feel like he is the biggest scapegoat on the team. He could be a very good Goalie in this league but that team is just bad. I'm not sure any Goalie will succeed in that system and I'm not sure the numbers or fans reference say all that much. Every single Sabres game that I watched this year with him in net, I felt bad for him. Right now he is just a product of the environment and I wouldn't be shocked at all if he bounced back somewhere else.

The asking price would determine if there is any value there. A package with ROR might be too much but I'm interested to see what rumors may pop up. Maybe Nylander or Pu could be a part of it (if bigger)? They have some interesting options.

Are there rumors out there or are we just spit-balling?

Reactions: Curufinwe

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Go back a page to see how the Lehner rumor started. Our goalies are typically the scapegoats in Philly as well - this is one of the off years where its the coach. If he can't handle that pressure there, Philly is a grave yard for goalies as it is let alone ones who can't handle being the scapegoat.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
Go back a page to see how the Lehner rumor started. Our goalies are typically the scapegoats in Philly as well - this is one of the off years where its the coach. If he can't handle that pressure there, Philly is a grave yard for goalies as it is let alone ones who can't handle being the scapegoat.

Just did. Not much to it.
Our D, even with Manning helps out the Goalie much more than in Buf. It really is a shit show up there right now. Chad Johnson isn't doing much better. I'm just explaining what I have seen since I watched a few of their games. Just my opinion on Lehner and I'm sure many don't agree with it. I'm for a deal to get him. Neuvy is injured way too much.

Reactions: Curufinwe

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Just did. Not much to it.
Our D, even with Manning helps out the Goalie much more than in Buf. It really is a **** show up there right now. Chad Johnson isn't doing much better. I'm just explaining what I have seen since I watched a few of their games. Just my opinion on Lehner and I'm sure many don't agree with it. I'm for a deal to get him. Neuvy is injured way too much.

Who knows. I would really just rather us do something to upgrade our forward situation but ultimately I have very little faith in our coach so who knows if that would even matter. Pretty sure we can bore the talent out of almost any dynamic player at this point.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Who knows. I would really just rather us do something to upgrade our forward situation but ultimately I have very little faith in our coach so who knows if that would even matter. Pretty sure we can bore the talent out of almost any dynamic player at this point.
Do both with ROR and Lehner.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Sabres fan here.
Info on Lehner.....
He's weak on the shortside posts. Lateral movement is consistently overcompensation.
Crosby was heard telling his teammates to aim high side glove side in close.
He will make some great saves, but without a proper defense in front of him will give up softies on a fairly alarmingly regular basis.
He is a train wreck in breakaway and shootout situations.
Some of this is correctable, mentally or with goalie coaching. Some of it is a sign of career traits.
If you do end up with him sometimes you'll be satisfied, sometimes you'll pull your hair out.

As far as other assets possibly involved in this potential deal, don't expect ROR or assets of that nature.

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006
Sabres fan here.
Info on Lehner.....
He's weak on the shortside posts. Lateral movement is consistently overcompensation.
Crosby was heard telling his teammates to aim high side glove side in close.
He will make some great saves, but without a proper defense in front of him will give up softies on a fairly alarmingly regular basis.
He is a train wreck in breakaway and shootout situations.
Some of this is correctable, mentally or with goalie coaching. Some of it is a sign of career traits.
If you do end up with him sometimes you'll be satisfied, sometimes you'll pull your hair out.

As far as other assets possibly involved in this potential deal, don't expect ROR or assets of that nature.

So he's basically Steve Mason?

Reactions: Morinisbear

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
If the Flyers end up selling this season which it is looking like they will then I wouldn't mind rolling with Lyon if Elliot/Neuvy get hurt. Play the youth and see what you have before next season and make adjustments in the off-season.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

I'm really, really not a fan of Lehner at all. Admittedly, I don't watch them very much, but I don't think I have ever seen him play well with my own two eyes. If everybody else likes him I will get on board, but man - I wouldn't want to commit to him as some kind of answer to anything. I'd rather just stick with the cheap second-rate stopgaps we have. I'm not sure if that makes any sense, I'm very tired.

Reactions: FlyersMania2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad