Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals - 13/14 - XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Interesting fact: Hoffman leads our team by 22 more points than DaCosta at 2nd place.

Bananzas.

Or petersson

Even Cole Schneider.

Cole Schneider has been phenomenal this year. Very good at many things; not overly spectacular at one thing in particular.

He could be very, very good in Spezza's wing. Especially since Schneider is very good in close to the net and can finish off loose plays.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Interesting fact: Hoffman leads our team by 22 more points than DaCosta at 2nd place.

Bananzas.

Even Cole Schneider.

Cole Schneider has been phenomenal this year. Very good at many things; not overly spectacular at one thing in particular.

He could be very, very good in Spezza's wing. Especially since Schneider is very good in close to the net and can finish off loose plays.

But is he spectacular in close to the net?

thefatjesus*

The two guys Id go after at the deadline are Stewart & Bieksa. Stewart s probobldy gonna cost Da Costa/Pageau/Hoffman ++ (Condra and a pick hopefully lol), and Bieksa (age 32 with two years left on his contract) we'll be giving up Wiercioch +

dont know if getting both players is achievable without messing much up, but if we could go into next season like this id be really happy:

Macarthur-Turris-Ryan
Stewart-Spezza-Stone
Conacher-Zibby-Lazar
Greening-Smith-Neil

Cowen-Karlsson
Methot-Bieksa
Philips/Boro-Ceci

Lehner

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I'd love Bieksa. I think he'd be the perfect defender we can bring in for a playoff run.

He plays with unparalleled heart and sacrifice from the back-end. He also is great defensively, can join the rush and steps up his game when you need him most.

I'd pair Bieksa with Karlsson and watch fireworks fly.

Bieksa-Karlsson
Methot-Cowen

or

Methot-Karlsson
Bieksa-Cowen

thefatjesus*

I'd love Bieksa. I think he'd be the perfect defender we can bring in for a playoff run.

He plays with unparalleled heart and sacrifice from the back-end. He also is great defensively, can join the rush and steps up his game when you need him most.

I'd pair Bieksa with Karlsson and watch fireworks fly.

Bieksa-Karlsson
Methot-Cowen

or

Methot-Karlsson
Bieksa-Cowen

Vancouver may be willing to move him, and Wiercioch is an attractive piece. He is a RHD however, thats why I put him on the right side of Cowen or Methot...but agreed, Bieksa and Karlsson would be great together. If we are truly looking to win now (within next 2 seasons) he'd be the perfect dman to target.

Othello*

Just to be clear I meant a players individual stats. Greening is 6 in the Nhl in hit but most of them come when the play is dead or long gone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Berserker*

Just to be clear I meant a players individual stats. Greening is 6 in the Nhl in hit but most go then come when the play is dead or long gone.

We don't have many big hitters on our team. Greening gets a lot of hits but he rarely if ever runs someone through the boards or lays someone out in the open ice.

This is actually an area where the team could really use improvement, whether that be internally or through acquisition. We need some more punishing players to play against and we need our physical players to start targeting the star players of the opposition.

CarknerCountry

Jun 20, 2010
NJ
Lazar
Wier

Ott
Larsson

Stl
Spezza

Ott
Stewart
Paajarvi

Nyi
Anderson
Greening

Ott
Grabner
Pick

Mac Turris Ryan
Stewart Zibby Grabner
Michalek Smith Conacher
Condra Grant Neil

Larsson Karlsson
Methot Ceci
Cowen ??

Last edited by a moderator:

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
we lose our #1C, our D isn't any better with Larsson closer to the AHL than NHL, and Lehner is given the reign while not ready.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
NJ
Lazar
Wier

Ott
Larsson
I am not willing to trade Lazar. Even for Larsson

Stl
Spezza

Ott
Stewart
Paajarvi
Spezza will not be traded. I am willing to bet my mod status on it.

Nyi
Anderson
Greening

Ott
Grabner
Pick

Over payment.

Mac Turris Ryan
Stewart Zibby Grabner
Michalek Smith Conacher
Condra Grant Neil

Larsson Karlsson
Methot Ceci
Cowen ??
Larsson is a RHD and not ready to be paired with Karlsson. You think people complaint about Cowen with Karlsson...my gosh you are in for a world of hurt with Larsson.
Where is MPS? You traded for him to play in Bingo?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
NJ Lazar, Wier

Ott Larsson

Stl Spezza

Ott Stewart, Paajarvi

Nyi Anderson, Greening

Ott Grabner, Pick

Mac Turris Ryan
Stewart Zibby Grabner
Michalek Smith Conacher
Condra Grant Neil

Larsson Karlsson
Methot Ceci
Cowen ??

That's worse than the team we have now. We get hosed on the Spezza deal we have better players in Bingo then Paajarvi, hosed on the Larsson deal. That "pick" better be top 5, even then I'm not sure.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
with our internal budget only expect one trade. And likely at forward! Wier isn't going anywhere. Sorry Eugene as we know wants to build the team internally with their young talent.

Wiercioch, Karlsson, Cowen, Ceci, Turris, Ryan, Zibanejad, Stone, Puempel, Lazar, etc aren't going anywhere

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
What about 9MM + for Mike Cammalleri.

I'd probly throw in Conacher to get it done.....

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
What about 9MM + for Mike Cammalleri.

I'd probly throw in Conacher to get it done.....

Only if we work out an extension with Cammalleri. He's a UFA on July 1. I think Calgary could get a better offer than this though. They might be able to get a 1st in a weak draft year.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'd be wary of getting Larsson. New Jersey really screwed up by putting him in the NHL as an 18-year-old. His development has been stunted badly, and it's nearly impossible to figure out what he'll become. He's not the same kid as we saw in his draft year and his ceiling has definitely changed (or at least been severely delayed).

Too risky.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
would love larsson but njd has no reason to move him and if they did he would cost a lot

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I'd be wary of getting Larsson. New Jersey really screwed up by putting him in the NHL as an 18-year-old. His development has been stunted badly, and it's nearly impossible to figure out what he'll become.

Same old story.

You'd think teams would be more careful with their 18 year old high draft picks. I say it every year, and every year it rings true: for every Crosby who can play in the NHL as an 18 year old, there are 3 Josh Baileys out there who had their development severely hampered by being rushed into the league before they are ready.

Even guys like Sam Gagner, who has had some success in the league, I think could have been a MUCH better player had the Oilers not rushed him into the NHL as an 18 year old. He'd be a far more complete player than he is now, I bet.

Luke Schenn is another great example of this. Guy had all the potential in the world to become a great shutdown D, but Toronto was desperate for defencemen, rushed him, and now he's what... a #4 guy at best? He's 7th for the Flyers in TOI.

It's just stupid. If I were the owner of an NHL team, and my GM decided to play my best blue chip prospect in the NHL as an 18 year old, I'd fire him the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->