Rumor: Trade Rumor/Speculation Thread XXVII: Viva la St.Louis! [Mod Warning post #1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
Vatanen could easily fit.. he replaces Stralman who is a UFA.

Mcdonagh-Girardi
Staal - Vatanen
Moore- Klein

whats so far fetched about it? if we can acquire him.?

Extra Dmen always have value. So if we have to move Moore/ Klein/ Allen/ McI it's not a horrible problem.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Pretty positive Allen is a lefty and if Vatanen we're acquired Stralman would probably be dealt or walk at the end of the year. Leaving G, Klein, Vat, McI. Not that crazy.

Allen can play the right side, Stralman would bring in assets if dealt. Acquiring Vatanen while keeping Girardi would be bonkers.

Blueblood 2

Jul 7, 2006
Richards absolutely must be bought out. The rules have changed. No way we can assume the risk of the medical recapture. All future discussion should include this as fact. We need a center to replace him. Carry on.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Yes, but 1. It's a win now move and 2. He hasn't won anything in the playoffs.

What's the point of even discussing it? In what universe are the Sharks dealing either of these players to rent a player to supposedly put them over the top. Completely counterintuitive and really a non-discussion topic. Thornton also JUST re-signed, and waited for Marleau to sign as well before announcing his deal. Blatantly a non-starter in trade talks.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Yes, but 1. It's a win now move and 2. He hasn't won anything in the playoffs.

sports.png

Henrik Lundqvist hasn't won anything in the playoffs either. Joe Thornton has consistently performed well; he does not break out into hives when the regular season is over. He is better at hockey than Ryan Callahan by a very significant margin. He is not coming here if Callahan's going there.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
sports.png

Henrik Lundqvist hasn't won anything in the playoffs either. Joe Thornton has consistently performed well; he does not break out into hives when the regular season is over. He is better at hockey than Ryan Callahan by a very significant margin. He is not coming here if Callahan's going there.

He's not coming here at all. He just re-signed and his team is much closer to contending to boot.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
He's not coming here at all. He just re-signed and his team is much closer to contending to boot.

Yeah, but I would have felt weird only mentioning one thing wrong with that post.

If they're presuming Havlat has negative value, I'd love to have him as a trade anchor. If we don't keep the Bad Contract Brothers Richards and Callahan a year of an overpaid depth player doesn't matter that much.

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
If we trade Staal, we should do it this deadline.. could prob get quite the return

I've been a fan of trading him now just because he's healthy & he seems so high risk w injury ?'s & if he will stay.

Perhaps

Staal for Vatanen ++ ?

Or use him in trade for a young C?

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
fine we can take havlat but hertl too? for cally sounds good..

seriously..
id be fine with havlat and a young fwd for (neito/wingles) for cally, dorsett

and...

if we move staal..

move staal, cally, dorsett +picks/prospect for edler and kesler

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Sharks have a few interesting RHD prospects between Tennyson, DeMelo and Acolaste. Not much in the way of forwards though.

I think Demers has always been on the Rangers radar though.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
sports.png

If someone is going to come here as a veteran, I personally think it would be better to have someone who has won a Cup in the locker room.

No doubt he's better than Callahan, but do we really need him now? Are we a win now team? I don't think so. That's what most of my post hinged on, although I didn't make that clear. Yes, the whole winner factor may not be the strongest one, although I think it helps in the locker room.

Now, if all you can't get for Callahan is somehow Joe Thornton, I wouldn't be mad. He's still a great player.

But like you said it's a moot point.

Last edited:

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
fine we can take havlat but hertl too? for cally sounds good..

seriously..
id be fine with havlat and a young fwd for (neito/wingles) for cally, dorsett

and...

if we move staal..

move staal, cally, dorsett +picks/prospect for edler and kesler

:laugh:

That would be great I think I would be able to forgive Sather for every bad contract since 05 if he could work out Hertl coming for Callahan

Cyclones21

Easily Triggered
San Jose interested in Ryan Callahan? A few weeks ago, many were saying that the return San Jose got for Ryane Clowe should be comparable for what the Rangers could get for Callahan. Would a San Jose 2nd and 3rd along with a conditional pick be ok? I know we aren't getting players back but we'll have picks and more crucial, cap space for the off season. I think the debates here are the "we are in the playoffs, let's go for it all" vs "this team is a pretender". I like Callahan but I think his departure could be overcome. Even if the Rangers don't get a roster player, I think the Rangers could still be that second tier playoff sleeper.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
San Jose interested in Ryan Callahan? A few weeks ago, many were saying that the return San Jose got for Ryane Clowe should be comparable for what the Rangers could get for Callahan. Would a San Jose 2nd and 3rd along with a conditional pick be ok? I know we aren't getting players back but we'll have picks and more crucial, cap space for the off season. I think the debates here are the "we are in the playoffs, let's go for it all" vs "this team is a pretender". I like Callahan but I think his departure could be overcome. Even if the Rangers don't get a roster player, I think the Rangers could still be that second tier playoff sleeper.
Since the 3rd that went for Clowe was Florida's, I'd want their 1st & 2nd or Nieto plus their 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->