Rumor: Trade Rumor/Speculation Thread XXVII: Viva la St.Louis! [Mod Warning post #1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
If they lose tomorrow Sather might feel some pressure. No shotgun trades please.

BarbaraAlphanse

I hope that 4th line puts an end to all the proponents of trading Boyle and having Dorsett and Carcillo together. The 4th line dynamic changed from a great forechecking and defensively responsible unit to a boneheaded collection of guys that could barely control the puck long enough to play off each other.

Trade Dorsett for a pick. Keep Boyle Moore and Carcillo. Enough.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I wouldn't shed a tear if neither Stepan or Callahan were on this team come Wednesday.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I hope that 4th line puts an end to all the proponents of trading Boyle and having Dorsett and Carcillo together. The 4th line dynamic changed from a great forechecking and defensively responsible unit to a boneheaded collection of guys that could barely control the puck long enough to play off each other.

think we should actually have Haley with Dorsett and Carcillo!.. Thats a greath 4th line!

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY

Yup, been saying that since early January. And use the pick on some unknown European no one has heard of or swing for the fences and take some good who will either boom or bust.

BarbaraAlphanse

Cally looked passive and uninterested. His energy consistency level is dropping. We lost today because Vigenault wanted to match up with philly physically. Un disciplined hockey. We lost because of that.

The strength of this team isn't physicality. If anything, I hope this game teaches this team a lesson that if you stay composed you'll have far greater success against physical teams rather than trying to beat them at their own game.

Trade Cally, get St. Louis. Without zucc, we really only have one consistent unit on offense. 2nd line has been woefully inconsistent. We have 2 3rd line players on it.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Did we sign Callahan to the 7 year 79M contract he wants yet? proved today he's worth every penny of it!

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
This is probably (hopefully) my last word on the Callahan debate, as I don't particularly like arguing about it or feeling resent for Cally the way this situation is causing me to. We all have loved the guy for years and there's a lot of attachment. That said, I can't remember the last time "Captain Cally" has come up big for us, been a hero, got us fired up or did anything that reminds me of the Cally from a few years earlier that actually earned our adoration. He's already living off of a reputation and reverence that he earned a couple of years back. If that's the case this year, I can't imagine giving him 6x6 and being happy with it.

His role is inevitably going to diminish as kids like Fast and Miller arrive full time; it's already begun to diminish this year, as has his performance. Looking back in retrospect, people love to say the writing was on the wall for Redden before we ever signed him and the smart fans knew he was going to decline. This situation is no different. It's simply not a smart move to keep Cally with his demands right now, no matter how sentimental we all feel about him. He can likely be replaced from within by a cheap, cost controlled kid whose still hungry like Miller or Fast, and if he can't, I have to imagine he can be replaced by a cheaper player found elsewhere and his money can be better spent to improve this team. I just can't stomach signing Cally to the kind of deal rumored; the writing feels like it's just as much on the wall here as it ever has been with regards to knowing we'll regret it before we even do it.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
I want Callahan moved for a package consisting entirely of futures or I want Callahan + moving for St. Louis.

I was cautiously optimistic, I guess, about a Chris Stewart trade because even though we didn't lose this game because of Toffness we are a smurfy team. He fills a niche, he would help us out a bit in playoff hockey, but he's (probably) gone. I don't think most guys who would be on the market as throwins in trades for rentals will fill niches like that.

If we want to get somebody in to be a generic hockey player I'd rather call up Miller/Fast as necessary and get another pick out of Cally.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
This game was such a hard pill to swallow because it was A) Ours for the taking B) against Philly C) Philly is now a point behind us and D) we had so many gaffes

I can't remember being this upset about a loss. The short-sided, miserable side of me just wants for some kind of trade to happen today.

Gotta beat the Bruins tomorrow

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Please trade this guy. He does not play the same way he did even two years ago. We can get something for him. I'd rather get larger futures and trade something small for a rental 3rd liner.

This is a guy everyone here loved as a player. Had him as my avatar pic forever. Would never have dreamed of trading him even last year. His time has come to go somewhere else.

BarbaraAlphanse

I know Haley was injured earlier in the season but I'm not sure why he hasn't gotten a look, mostly pre-Carcillo. I thought Haley would wind up as 13th F this year, oh well.

Vigneault likes scoring ability not grinders. He was never in consideration.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
I know Haley was injured earlier in the season but I'm not sure why he hasn't gotten a look, mostly pre-Carcillo. I thought Haley would wind up as 13th F this year, oh well.

i think haley was a healthy scratch in the AHL recently. hes not good enough to play for the rangers.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Haley made a terrible decision signing here, although he got very good AHL salaries, 300 grand last year, 600 grand this year.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
I want Callahan moved for a package consisting entirely of futures or I want Callahan + moving for St. Louis.

I was cautiously optimistic, I guess, about a Chris Stewart trade because even though we didn't lose this game because of Toffness we are a smurfy team. He fills a niche, he would help us out a bit in playoff hockey, but he's (probably) gone. I don't think most guys who would be on the market as throwins in trades for rentals will fill niches like that.

If we want to get somebody in to be a generic hockey player I'd rather call up Miller/Fast as necessary and get another pick out of Cally.
Rumors says Stewart still is on table and it wouldn't be the worst retun if he comes in a package problem is that the Sabers don't want to spend assets for Cally and I assume prospects is a big no-no for them.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I wonder if the executive rift in Buffalo right now is because someone is adamant about signing Callahan, and the rest of them are like: "dude, you're off your rocker" :sarcasm:

God speed and good luck to the (idiotic) team that gives this guy 6 yrs and $6+ mil :)

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Rumors says Stewart still is on table and it wouldn't be the worst retun if he comes in a package problem is that the Sabres don't want to spend assets for Cally and I assume prospects is a big no-no for them.

Buffalo is trading everything off for futures (and doing a fine job I might add), they have zero reason to pursue Cally.

They'll want futures for Stewart… and to be honest, I'm not much of a fan of him…

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Im 99% sure cally is a goner and thats fine by me. I mean i like his toughness and PK but he doesnt have the offense to command 6.5-7 million per year that he wants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->