Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread :Trades That Will Happen Next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I keep checking/hoping that patches gets traded.

I think it’s easier to trade Chucky than captain Max. Though I think if we’re not in it or finish out of the playoffs he’ll be traded in the offseason. Chucky I can see goin down sooner. Just need a team willing to give us something we need in return. Can’t trade him for another enigmatic winger. Need a top 4 LD or a second line centre as part of a package.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I think it’s easier to trade Chucky than captain Max. Though I think if we’re not in it or finish out of the playoffs he’ll be traded in the offseason. Chucky I can see goin down sooner. Just need a team willing to give us something we need in return. Can’t trade him for another enigmatic winger. Need a top 4 LD or a second line centre as part of a package.

Last year all I kept hearing about is a top 4 LD.

I didn't get it.

We had Emelin, Beaulieubut ideally it would be Markov. What we needed was a top pair LD. That is what we need now.

I say offer Chucky and Gallagher to Canes for Hanifin and Jake Bean

Of course trade Patches. RNH ? If you wanted to go big, and I would, move Weber now. Get our top C.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I think the idea to a top 4 LD is you can get a younger player who will develop into a top 2 by playing with weber. The cost of a top 2 centre is a a kin to a top centre these days. Chucky won’t get you that. Patches probably won’t get you that either. So a top 4 who can grow is what you need unless someone is dumb enough to give you a top 2 like Leddy. Doubt that happens. Henrique got NJ Vatanen, a young top 2-3 D and Henrique is a centre, Chucky is not so a guy like Theodore would be would I’d be looking for as a more likely scenario.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Crazy listening to Kypreos talking about the Sens maybe trading Karlsson because they weren't happy with his comments.

Weber - Karlsson trade anyone?

I'd do that in a heartbeat.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I actually think we need to do what the Winnipeg Jets have done. They traded guys they weren't going to sign & got good returns on them: Kane & Ladd in particular.

After that, they did nothing. They had 7 picks or more each draft. They drafted in their own spot each time & they built a good prospect system. It's taken awhile but they now have a ton of talent on that team.

Chucky is our Kane. Patches is Ladd. We need to trade them both for good returns & start to build through the draft.

Reactions: DaNaultinus

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
It doesnt really matter how well a traded player does with his new team unless you deal an unknown commodity like McDonagh for a 30 yr old Gomez.

Cant be scared of Max scoring 30-35 elsewhere. Who cares if you get the return you want-need? Especially at the end of a contract. Especially out of conference but trading in conference has to be done if return is better.

Galchenyuk, mostly because Julien will coach there for a few years), enters that territory too. 6th year.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I actually think we need to do what the Winnipeg Jets have done. They traded guys they weren't going to sign & got good returns on them: Kane & Ladd in particular.

After that, they did nothing. They had 7 picks or more each draft. They drafted in their own spot each time & they built a good prospect system. It's taken awhile but they now have a ton of talent on that team.

Chucky is our Kane. Patches is Ladd. We need to trade them both for good returns & start to build through the draft.

I think that's an interesting way to look at it. I'm not sure we have the same organizational depth as they did when they made the trade though.

Pacciosoftie

Curved Dach
Oct 26, 2017
They should just relocate this team and get new fresh management. They’ll have better chances of winning the cup. This team will remain in mediocrity forever and content with barely enough to make the playoffs. I’m sick and tired of this shit. I’ve never been so disinterested about this garbage team and management. Enough is enough there is zero accountability and it begins with the gutless puke of an owner.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
Crazy listening to Kypreos talking about the Sens maybe trading Karlsson because they weren't happy with his comments.

Weber - Karlsson trade anyone?

I'd do that in a heartbeat.
Then we'd have to face the dreaded Weber Phanuef pairing for years to come......

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
I think that's an interesting way to look at it. I'm not sure we have the same organizational depth as they did when they made the trade though.
Maybe they had better depth but good gms make bold moves. Trading a 7th d for a 4th liners is rarely a thing.

Remember the Carter and Richards deals. Done same week i believe if not same day.
Yes LA won 2 cups: good for them (Philly traded Carter to Columbus) but Philly got back Voracek, Couturier, Lehtera (cap dump) a 3rd, a 2nd, 2 firsts, Wayne Simmonds (probably soon turning into younger bodies and picks). Argument can be made Couturier and Voracek alone were worth Carter and Richards. All the other parts are gravy. Used Schenn for 6 yrs, Simmonds for 7+. Voracek is 3rd in scoring, Couturier is great 2-way player for another 10 years.

Killed their C depth in 2011. Filled roster spots with ufas like Briere and Lecavalier, played Couturier right off the draft. Managed to make playoffs every other year. Of course not contending.

Mtl should do the same. But it means no cup run for a few years. By trading 2 wingers Max and Alex, you are hurting the w depth. But still lots of bodies available to climb on depth chart: Hudon, De La Rose, Lehkonen, even McCarron and Scherbak. Play the high draft picks. Its like playing your studs in fantasy football playoffs. The investment was made. Make sure the young guys play a hard-nosed style to keep the crowd "happy" for a few years. Players who look like they are trying.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Haven't you been paying attention... We are already building via the draft. That's been MB''s plan since day one...

I wish I was being sarcastic...

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Haven't you been paying attention... We are already building via the draft. That's been MB''s plan since day one...

I wish I was being sarcastic...

Let's see Bergevin's draft picks on the team: Galchenyuk, Lehkonen, Mete, I'll even count Drouin since we got him for Serge, DLR, & Hudon. That's quite the haul for someone building through the draft.

6 guys. Really 5 since I'm counting Drouin.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Trading Pac for Eriksson Ek and a d prospect would be good

Trade plekanec to PHX for a 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->