Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Trade Deadline edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
LA seems like a good bet for Pacioretty after that deal IMO. They improved their D, losing only a middle of the pack forward and traded young depth for veteran depth. This makes it clear that they are still in a win now mode.

Clague + JAD + 1st is a realistic package IMO. I don't think we can get Clague + Vilardi and the drop off from Vilardi to JAD is smaller than Clague to their next best D prospect.

Pacioretty - Kopitar - Brown
Pearson - Carter - Toffoli
Iafalo - Kempe - Lewis
Clifford - Thompson - Mitchell

Forbort - Doughty
Muzzin - Martinez
Phaneuf - Ladue

Thats a pretty good lineup.

LA feels like a team who just wanted to slightly bolster its depth without giving up much. The Robitaille/Blake management has yet to make a significant move at all. I think teams in general are increasingly aware that the right way to build a succesful team is through draft + patience. Opposite of a team who would make a big splash for MaxPac. Imo. Your package is a lot lore realistic than the usual Vilardi pipe dreams tho.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ozmodiar

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
LA feels like a team who just wanted to slightly bolster its depth without giving up much. The Robitaille/Blake management has yet to do anything significant. Opposite of a team who would make a big splash for MaxPac. Your package is a lot lore realistic than the usual Vilardi pipe dreams tho.
I think Habs will trade Pacioretty at draft instead of now. Just because Habs need a center back and what playoff team can trade a top 2 center?

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
I think Habs will trade Pacioretty at draft instead of now. Just because Habs need a center back and what playoff team can trade a top 2 center?

Bergevin traded two top pair puck moving D without solving his center problem, what makes you think 1.5 year of a floater winger will do it ?

Reactions: vokiel

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I don't want to see more wingers for Pacioretty when it's our most common currency. Pittsburgh just doesn't have the pieces to acquire him or they would need to ship us 2 guaranteed 1st rounders so we can try finding what we need. They can try trading Sprong to another team for an interesting C prospect or a top LD one and I'll start considering what they've got to offer

Maybe Byron for Sprong makes more sense, but then again it doesn't help us much.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Plekanec @50% + Benn/Jerabek/Morrow for Ian Cole/Matt Hunwick + 2nd.

Gives the Pens their precious cap space for Pleks.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
We are not getting an established top 2 centre for Patches.

What we can get is a good or hopefully very good prospect C, or possibly a young C NHLer with that potential.

We also have to be able to be willing to move other players if that is what it takes. Especially if what MB is looking for is a young guy already playing in the NHL who he hopes can take that role on next year. For example Jankowski in Calgary, if our pro scouts think he can be that.

And a centre or centres it must be. I am fine giving Drouin a full chance at centre, but so far not so good and I'm afraid they will mess him up by continuing to play him there.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Apparently as per Elliott Freeman. Florida offered Henrik Borgstrom, Jared McCann and first round pick for Max Pacioretty. Not sure if I read correctly. Can anyone confirm?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Apparently as per Elliott Freeman. Florida offered Henrik Borgstrom, Jared McCann and first round pick for Max Pacioretty. Not sure if I read correctly. Can anyone confirm?
Friedman made connections between the Panthers/Habs and Pacioretty/Borgstrom...never was McCann or even a 1st round pick brought up.

It was in his 31 thoughts and I don't think he went that deep into what could go from either side.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
LA seems like a good bet for Pacioretty after that deal IMO. They improved their D, losing only a middle of the pack forward and traded young depth for veteran depth. This makes it clear that they are still in a win now mode.

Clague + JAD + 1st is a realistic package IMO. I don't think we can get Clague + Vilardi and the drop off from Vilardi to JAD is smaller than Clague to their next best D prospect.

Pacioretty - Kopitar - Brown
Pearson - Carter - Toffoli
Iafalo - Kempe - Lewis
Clifford - Thompson - Mitchell

Forbort - Doughty
Muzzin - Martinez
Phaneuf - Ladue

Thats a pretty good lineup.

I suggested:
Clague + JAD + 2nd (1st if they include McCarron, who might be helpful in the west)

... and was told it was horrible for Habs, and told about how people overrate prospects.

The Kings won't give up more than that for Patches. Vilardi won't be the return.

Reactions: sampollock

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I don't know if this has been posted yet, and I'm not sure how much people put into Friedman's 31 Thoughts, but he did mention this:

"2. Max Domi scored his fourth of the year to open Arizona’s stunning 6–1 victory over Chicago on Monday night. It has been a hard year for the talented forward. The Coyotes are prepared to give him a fresh start, pending a fair offer. If it doesn’t come before the deadline, expect it at the draft. [opinion: I do think Montreal will took a look, but I don’t know if that’s going anywhere.]"

31 Thoughts: No shortage of Rick Nash suitors ahead of deadline - Sportsnet.ca

Nobody slides back and forth from insider info to opinion quite like Friedman. Not as bad as Dreger, i suppose, who is constantly qualifying what he he saying, with his "of course, they could choose to wait things out...".

I prefer Kipper to these 2. At least he doesn't prevaricate like they do. Bobby Mac is the best, of course.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I suggested:
Clague + JAD + 2nd (1st if they include McCarron, who might be helpful in the west)

... and was told it was horrible for Habs, and told about how people overrate prospects.

The Kings won't give up more than that for Patches. Vilardi won't be the return.
Then they can move on to other targets...if they want Pacioretty for this year and next, then it's going to cost them their best prospect to start.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
LA feels like a team who just wanted to slightly bolster its depth without giving up much. The Robitaille/Blake management has yet to make a significant move at all. I think teams in general are increasingly aware that the right way to build a succesful team is through draft + patience. Opposite of a team who would make a big splash for MaxPac. Imo. Your package is a lot lore realistic than the usual Vilardi pipe dreams tho.

As a NHL GM, your "realistic" trades would get you fired faster than Bergevin. The idea is to set the price high and see if you get a bite. If you don't, you keep Patch. Habs should be asking for Vilardi and a 1st for Patch. Lucic was a pending UFA for one year and got the 13th and 30th pick. That is very similar to Vilardi and a 1st and Patch would have an additional playoff run so he is worth more actually.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
As a NHL GM, your "realistic" trades would get you fired faster than Bergevin. The idea is to set the price high and see if you get a bite. If you don't, you keep Patch. Habs should be asking for Vilardi and a 1st for Patch. Lucic was a pending UFA for one year and got the 13th and 30th pick. That is very similar to Vilardi and a 1st and Patch would have an additional playoff run so he is worth more actually.

He's clearly worth more than Lucic was at the time...for several reasons.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad