Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread (Part VII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I've been reading around the trade rumor board here and there's one thing on HF that I don't understand and that's when someone posts a "rumor" thread without a legit link to the "rumor" the thread gets locked until the "rumor" link is confirmed by a mod.

Yet anyone can post a "proposal" with the exact same names involved in the closed "rumor" thread and that's perfectly fine and it's open for discussion. Just makes no sense to me.

So I guess if I saw a "rumor" on social media from a non HF approved "insider" it's best if I not mention it being a "rumor" and just post a new thread with the details being a "proposal" from me instead. :dunno:

I guess you are questioning the credibility difference between proposals on these boards by random posters vs the credibility those TSN and Sportnets trolls would have with their "confirm reports"? How often are they right? 5% of the time?

You have brought up a good point.

Reactions: sheed36

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Easily. Don’t think Edmonton would though.

More likely to be Lehkonen for Klefbom.

I honestly don't know who they would trade (if any) from Klefbom or Nurse. Lehkonen is about to get a Nurse type contract though. I just hope to god, Bergevin does not give Lehkonen a 2 year deal where he is added to Kotkaniemi as RFA's and we also have UFA's in Gallagher, Petry, Tatar, Danault.

If the Oilers can add a piece like Reilly who is not as good as Nurse but can be a piece they could use on D while adding the speedy and cheap Lehkonen up front, I think they might consider it. Nurse is going to give them a headache in his next contract. This free up cap space for them to make other moves which provides value.

Last edited:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
You should stop staying stop to other posters. I stopped reading after you said that. If you can't have a respectful conversation, I'm not going to give you the respect you think you deserve in return. This is me being nice.

Do you think in your mind that I think Muzzin was a 100% deal lock in place? Give me break. How old are you? Do you really think that? Come on man.

I am fully aware of the probability of acquiring Muzzin and Stone. If you think it's not probable, why are you here in this thread? To tell others to stop? What are you, the stop police? lol

Trying to help you here...and i'm here to give my opinion on trade proposals.

I never said that you should stop make trade proposal or stop posting......if you prefer, i'll rephrase that: You should go after players that are more of a possibility for Bergevin (is that better?). It's just that you're relentless at trying to get players for cheap that are not going to be traded here....no matter your offer (Unless it hurts).

You want Stone. I agree he would be a great fit. I agree it should be one of MB's target. I even agree that if he becomes UFA, might wanna go after him depending on the price.

But Ottawa won't trade him in their division. Can't get around that. They even block San Jose to be able to trade Karlsson to the east. They took a low ball offer just to not trade Hoffman to Florida. I know this is a fantasy thread, but make it at least plausible.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Easily. Don’t think Edmonton would though.

More likely to be Lehkonen for Klefbom.

Huh? I know Nurse is younger, but Klefbom is a significantly better player. If you can get him for Lehkonen, you make that trade immediately. He's only 25 and his contract is an utter steal.

Edmonton would want significantly more though.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Trying to help you here...and i'm here to give my opinion on trade proposals.

I never said that you should stop make trade proposal or stop posting......if you prefer, i'll rephrase that: You should go after players that are more of a possibility for Bergevin (is that better?). It's just that you're relentless at trying to get players for cheap that are not going to be traded here....no matter your offer (Unless it hurts).

You want Stone. I agree he would be a great fit. I agree it should be one of MB's target. I even agree that if he becomes UFA, might wanna go after him depending on the price.

But Ottawa won't trade him in their division. Can't get around that. They even block San Jose to be able to trade Karlsson to the east. They took a low ball offer just to not trade Hoffman to Florida. I know this is a fantasy thread, but make it at least plausible.

Sens may change their mind based how their team is trending and how they were made to look like fools in the Hoffman trade. But I rather sign Stone as a pending UFA vs sign and trade. It was just a simple question on what it wold take in terms of value. I understand the probability

I do think the Sens try real hard to re-signing Stone. They are about $16M from the cap floor next year with 13 players signed and I think they might consider overpayment to make him stay.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Huh? I know Nurse is younger, but Klefbom is a significantly better player. If you can get him for Lehkonen, you make that trade immediately. He's only 25 and his contract is an utter steal.

Edmonton would want significantly more though.

I assumed Nurse was valued more highly.

For as good as Klefbom is defensively, he generates nothing offensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad