Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 18/ Trade Deadline Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Well, i'm expecting a good one today because of the pressure on his shoulders for trading PK, having a bad slump like last year and because they are still on the top for a PO race.

Pretty confident he'll do something even if he had to overpay to get it.
- 14 forwards
- 8 Defenseman
- 7 picks in in the first 2 round in the next 2 years
- 4.5M of cap space

He really got no excuse, he got all the tools.

Understandable, but the team has been having bad slumps at the exact same time since Therrien was hired and that has not stopped Bergevin from pulling no shows on several occasions when he should have been more active.

So I don't know, I think he's done. He tried for Boyle and probably some other players and you know he's a "try hard" kinda GM... with no plan.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
We have more cap space that we'd need to take on one of Vanek or Vrbata... add the combination of a RHD for LHD swap (Benn) and Sergachev projecting to make the roster on the 3rd (maybe 2nd) pairing next year, and we're gearing up to trade a LHD and whatever else for a big fish.

May the big fish be a top 6 truite grise de 38 lbs.....

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
please don't let his big acquisition be Steve Ott! please don't let his big acquisition be Steve Ott! please don't let his big acquisition be Steve Ott! please don't let his big acquisition be Steve Ott! please don't let his big acquisition be Steve Ott!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I got a text message from a friend of mine listening to TSN690. He said Martin Lemay said he got a message this morning that Montreal has a deal in place for Duchene. The cost would be Juulsen, MCarron, Beaulieu & a 1st. But Martin said he doesn't quite believe it.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
please don't let his big acquisition be Steve Ott! please don't let his big acquisition be Steve Ott! please don't let his big acquisition be Steve Ott! please don't let his big acquisition be Steve Ott! please don't let his big acquisition be Steve Ott!

Hate to break it to you... but it is. And we STILL haven't addressed scoring one bit. Does he want us to win every game 1-0?

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I got a text message from a friend of mine listening to TSN690. He said Martin Lemay said he got a message this morning that Montreal has a deal in place for Duchene. The cost would be Juulsen, MCarron, Beaulieu & a 1st. But Martin said he doesn't quite believe it.

Good god. We get Duchene and Sergachev doesn't go the other way? Joe will get hung by his own fans, perhaps literally.

At my end, I'd be happy. So happy I might have to take the rest of the day off.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Need 1: Someone who can score goals.

Need 2: Score goals.

Need 3: Score goals.

Need 4: Score goals.

We need someone who can score goals. It will be incredibly disappointing if we do nothing but depth moves.

Oh and need 5: Score goals.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Craig Button... The real life cartoon character.
The only guy on TSN Trade deadline panel I can't stand

Morning all...

GET DUCHENE BERGEVIN

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
:laugh:

it seems they were. Ott's 58% on the year.
Ott was 54.8 for his career going into this season.

Faceoffs matter, Julien must have been wondering where Patrice Bergeron is sometimes.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Pacioretty-Danault-Radulov
Kane-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Shaw
Byron-Ott-Mitchell
Flynn, Andrighetto

Markov-Weber
Emelin-Petry
Davidson-Benn
Nesterov

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Good god. We get Duchene and Sergachev doesn't go the other way? Joe will get hung by his own fans, perhaps literally.

At my end, I'd be happy. So happy I might have to take the rest of the day off.

I already took the day off. ;)

I would also do the deal if that's the price. But I would like to get a young puck moving defenseman to go with Weber. With Beaulieu being part of this supposed deal, we need someone to "take his spot." Gostisbehere anyone?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
That's a big package but I would do it. I wonder if Galchenyuk would be moved to the wing again?

Galchenyuk-Duchene-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Danault-Radulov
Lehkonen--Plekanec-Shaw
Byron-Ott/Mitchell-Flynn/Mitchell
Andrighetto, Mitchell/Ott/Flynn

Defense would probably look like;

Emelin/Markov-Weber
Emelin/Markov-Petry
Davidson-Benn
Nesterov

Status
Not open for further replies.