Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I would definitely not be happy if he was traded and the return was Shayne Gotisbehre.

Fair enough. But I didn't mean trading Sergachev for Gotishbehre. Maybe I didn't write it properly. I meant that if Sergachev is used in a trade to bring in someone like Duchene to address our center line, what would make it easier to swallow for me is that MB ends up getting a young LD in a separate trade. That way, we lose a future #1LD, but we end up getting one who is young and can be that 1LD/Markov replacement for years to come.

StartTheShow

Dec 29, 2013
If the Habs were to move a 2nd round pick for defensive depth who is the better option Oduya or Weircoich?

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Not an official source but just to know what you think about this one ;

********** ‏***********

#BREAKING - MTL has contacted the Avs regarding Duchene. MTL wants to unload Plekanec and source said they are willing to trade Sergachev.

where is it coming from?

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Fair enough. But I didn't mean trading Sergachev for Gotishbehre. Maybe I didn't write it properly. I meant that if Sergachev is used in a trade to bring in someone like Duchene to address our center line, what would make it easier to swallow for me is that MB ends up getting a young LD in a separate trade. That way, we lose a future #1LD, but we end up getting one who is young and can be that 1LD/Markov replacement for years to come.

Money will be an issue long term with this team. Duchene at 6 instead of a pleks right now is nice.

But when Pacioretty, Galchenyuk and Price are on their next contracts it would be nice to have Sergachev come in on entry level deal. Not 100% how that timeline plays out and how far along he is in development.

But at that time Pleks' deal is done and off the books. As would Duchene's btw, but risk losing him to win now. What a job Bergevin has ahead of him.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

********** ‏***********

#BREAKING - MTL has contacted the Avs regarding Duchene. MTL wants to unload Plekanec and source said they are willing to trade Sergachev.

Don't believe that they are willing to trade Sergachev......I'm 99.999999999999999999999% sure he won't trade Sergachev unless a superstar #1 centre (Tavares like) comes the other way in a package type deal

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

********** ‏***********

where is it coming from?

I'm thinking it's one of those clickbait websites a la HockeyBuzz.

I do believe Bergevin has looked into the Duchene and Landeskog scenarios. Not sure anyone knows what players were involved in the discussions. So it's probably one of those websites that just puts in names in their articles to get more views.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I'm thinking it's one of those clickbait websites a la HockeyBuzz.

I do believe Bergevin has looked into the Duchene and Landeskog scenarios. Not sure anyone knows what players were involved in the discussions. So it's probably one of those websites that just puts in names in their articles to get more views.

I would trade Sergachev for Duchene.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Money will be an issue long term with this team. Duchene at 6 instead of a pleks right now is nice.

But when Pacioretty, Galchenyuk and Price are on their next contracts it would be nice to have Sergachev come in on entry level deal. Not 100% how that timeline plays out and how far along he is in development.

But at that time Pleks' deal is done and off the books. As would Duchene's btw, but risk losing him to win now. What a job Bergevin has ahead of him.

For what it's worth, I think MB has a very good idea where he's going. One of his best qualities (along with his management team and capologist) is how he manages the cap. I don't think it will be a smooth road, but I have confidence that he'll find a way to make it work.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
You get what you pay for in the NHL when it comes to trades, if the avs give up a star player you better believe that they are getting quality back, if we do not offer something of value we will not be successful, it's that simple. Are you all in or are you not and it's not like Mcdonagh for Gomez here, there is star quality coming back. I would trade Serg for Duchene.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Very likely Sergachev gets traded. He's the only piece that makes sense if the habs are trying to acquire number one center. Well, to be more precise; if the habs acquire a 1st line center, Sergachev will have gone the other way (along with other pieces).

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Very likely Sergachev gets traded. He's the only piece that makes sense if the habs are trying to acquire number one center. Well, to be more precise; if the habs acquire a 1st line center, Sergachev will have gone the other way (along with other pieces).

But we only need a 2nd center, not a 1st. Galchenyuk is the 1st center.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Sergachev won't be traded unless for a sure #1 center. Not talking about one past his prime like Savard for Chelios. Someone in mid 20s. Duchene and Tavares are names.

As for Juulsen Hudon Nikita Scherbak McCarron etc. All fair game.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Sergachev won't be traded unless for a sure #1 center. Not talking about one past his prime like Savard for Chelios. Someone in mid 20s. Duchene and Tavares are names.

As for Juulsen Hudon Nikita Scherbak McCarron etc. All fair game.

Tavares would cost way more than Duchene, wouldn't even be worth it. I think the Islanders hold on to him until the bitter end anyway; he'll just walk when his contract is up.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Sergachev has to be one of the most overated prospect at the moment lol the guy was drafted 9th overall 6 month ago lol

Could not agree more. There's a few on here that really pump his tires to a ridiculous extent (Karlsson with size lol). They're going to be disappointed when reality sets in. I've seen it too many times on here with fanboys and their shiny new prospects.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Sergachev has to be one of the most overated prospect at the moment lol the guy was drafted 9th overall 6 month ago lol

He is on full the Montreal hype machine, it is unreal. You think we just drafted McDavid's brother, McSergachev.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

Our best LHD is 37 years old and we have no one else coming up as a potential top 4 LHD than Sergachev, hence why people value him highly.

Some people overrate his potential, but his importance to the organization is huge given our lack of options on LHD, especially when we've been stuck seeing Barberio there the last month.

TheAntiPrice

Oct 25, 2009
Montreal, QC
Give it 2 years, people will look back and laugh at the notion of there being a time when HFers did not want to trade Sergachev for Matt Duchene. Reminds me of when people didn't wanna trade the Kostitsyns for Marian Hossa lol.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Give it 2 years, people will look back and laugh at the notion of there being a time when HFers did not want to trade Sergachev for Matt Duchene. Reminds me of when people didn't wanna trade the Kostitsyns for Marian Hossa lol.

Or the day i was blasted (on a now dead board) when we picked up on alex kovalev for star Jozef Balej

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->