Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Mathieu Duschene is a great, versatile player like famous Quebecers, Marc Savard, Derek Roy and Patrick Marleau.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Well yeah, but not at 'any' price.

Agreed. I don't know why Colorado would get rid of him apart from filling a need. Restocking picks and prospects doesn't seem like a need for them.

I feel like Duchene can be traded in a Jones/Johansen type of deal.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Might not be sexy picks, but could be useful without depleting our farm and being cap strapped for many years on our NHL roster.

:habs

Tyler Bozak
Leo Komarov
Kasperi Kapanen

:leafs

Noah Juulsen
Tomas Plekanec
1st 2017 (early 2nd if they would accept it)

Wowww...that's a massive overpayment on our side. I'd pay that price if JVR was in the deal, not Bozak and Komarov...and I've previously been in favor of getting Bozak. But that's just too much.

If I'm trading Juulsen and a 1st there needs to be a legit difference-maker coming back and none of those guys are.

And I'm not as high on Kapanen as you are, so that could explain why I think it's such a big price to pay.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I would be interested in something along the lines of:

Hanzal

for

DLR + 2017 2nd + DD

Juulsen + 2017 1st + McCarron

for

Landeskog

I think ARI might want more for Hanzal, but I don't really think he's worth a ton more, I would pay that price for a rental.

The second deal, while a tougher pill to swallow would give us an immediate impact player for our top 6 who is on a good deal for a handful of years.

Capwise we'd be fairly tight - based on capfriendly we might have around 3M in LTIR relief at TDL which would make the second deal possible (with some minor tweaks) - I am for a move involving Plekanec as well (for picks/prospects) to help offset and stock the cupboards.

Last edited:

jwrocks1

Mar 28, 2015
I would be interested in something along the lines of:

Hanzal

for

DLR + 2017 2nd + DD

Juulsen + 2017 1st + McCarron

for

Landeskog

I think ARI might want more for Hanzal, but I don't really think he's worth a ton more, I would pay that price for a rental.

The second deal, while a tougher pill to swallow would give us an immediate impact player for our top 6 who is on a good deal for a handful of years.

Capwise we'd be fairly tight - based on capfriendly we might have around 3M in LTIR relief at TDL which would make the second deal possible (with some minor tweaks) - I am for a move involving Plekanec as well (for picks/prospects) to help offset and stock the cupboards.

I'd do both right away. I don't know if COL would though.....and AZ GM is rumored to be a giant goof when it comes to trade discussions so who knows how he values his assets

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Sergachev and Juulsen are key because of the the salary cap world we live in. Moreover I hear Duchene is a weird guy, not sure Bergevin and his character obsession would want him. I was ready to give Sergachev and a 1st for Duchene like I used to love that girl called Myriam, but as of now I'm not sure anymore.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Would you give up Sergachev and #1 pick for Duchene?

**** yes, and anyone that wouldn't is buying the hype on first round picks. Colorado would never do this in a million years. LOL

Did you watch him play at the world juniors? His trade value didn't exactly skyrocket, he sucked, and that's what GM's will remember.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
**** yes, and anyone that wouldn't is buying the hype on first round picks. Colorado would never do this in a million years. LOL

Did you watch him play at the world juniors? His trade value didn't exactly skyrocket, he sucked, and that's what GM's will remember.

I think Sakic would absolutely love Sergachev, he's exactly what they need and want... it's up to Bergevin to decide if he wants to trade him or not.

Thomas Chabot might be the only LHD prospect better or as good as Sergachev right now... so it's between Sens and Habs for the Duchene derby...

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Yeah...he didn't suck

amazing how many people can criticize 18yr olds playing on the biggest stage

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Is it possible to trade an injured player if the other team is aware of the nature of the injury?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
True, however he was not good. MacAvoy looked so much better.

I think he got better as the tournament went along...but again, it's important to have context.

He turned 18 a few months ago, playing on the biggest stage for that level and for a team/coach that seemed to not want to trust him right off the bat.

I think all things considered, he played pretty well and by their bronze medal game was one of their most used Dmen.

not sure how that equals he sucked or was not good.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Not an official source but just to know what you think about this one ;

********** ‏***********

#BREAKING - MTL has contacted the Avs regarding Duchene. MTL wants to unload Plekanec and source said they are willing to trade Sergachev.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
True, however he was not good. MacAvoy looked so much better.

Macavoy and Kaprizov were the two best players in the tourney. As 417 said, Sergy got better as the tournament went on.

He's 18 with elite everything. I hope we keep him and let Weber and Markov develop him.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
True that Sergachev was a lot better in the 2 last games of the tournament, but for me it's still a disappointing tournament overall for a man of his talent. He's younger but more talented and more built than 90% of the players there. We can blame Bragin for his ice-time or the way he was been used, but Serge didnt step up his stuff enough to make the things changed.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Won't people learn from the McDonagh fiasco, it's not because Sergachev didn't blow our socks off at the WJC that we should trade him. We have absolutely nobody to replace Markov, and no Beaulieu won't cut it.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
instead of going all in for a duchene shall we try another Danault like trade to get another young skater ??

I think Bergevin has a good handle on that. I doubt he started out with the specific intention of getting Danault (although he was familiar with that player when he worked for Chicago). He gave up some older depth players he didn't want to keep and got Danault and a future pick in return. That was shrewd of him. If he goes after another young player it would probably be someone like Duchene, who's on a higher level than Danault.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Won't people learn from the McDonagh fiasco, it's not because Sergachev didn't blow our socks off at the WJC that we should trade him. We have absolutely nobody to replace Markov, and no Beaulieu won't cut it.

The only way trading Sergachev would be easy for me to accept is if MB ends up trading for someone like Hampus Lindholm or a Shayne Gotisbehre or Cam Fowler. A young LD who has proven that they can get the job done and be our 1LD for years to come.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
The only way trading Sergachev would be easy for me to accept is if MB ends up trading for someone like Hampus Lindholm or a Shayne Gotisbehre or Cam Fowler. A young LD who has proven that they can get the job done and be our 1LD for years to come.

I would definitely not be happy if he was traded and the return was Shayne Gotisbehere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->