Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Gearing Up for the Off-season Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
But Stepan is very good defensive player too, can play around and has chemistry with pretty much everyone he plays with.

And the gap between their defensive play isn't that significant. ROR is a high end defensive center. Stepan is right behind him. The biggest difference between the two is probably in transition, not offensive or defensively. But they're definitely close.
Yeah I just disagree.

I think ROR is elite defensively. Much better than Stepan IMO.

To each their own.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Yeah I just disagree.

I think ROR is elite defensively. Much better than Stepan IMO.

To each their own.

Eh, I've seen plenty of both, they're close. And to each their own doesn't really cut it when you're actively comparing the two. You have to actually articulate why ROR is significantly better than Stepan. Both have excellent and comparable data for defensive impacts. Both consistently produce around the same. They're less than a year apart in age. I'm not sure I get the argument that ROR is significantly better. He is better, but the gap isn't huge.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
let's see... If we moved Price, Weber and Patches in an full scale ground up rebuild...

To Vancouver:
Price, Benn, 2 of JDR/McCarron/Carr (12M)

To Montreal
lottery protected 1st (if they win lottery, habs get 1st & 2nd 2019 instead), Virtanen, Markstrom, Eriksson (11.4M)

Habs get another lottery pick (no worse than 9th), young large-framed winger with high upside, a decent 1B goalie with 2 years left on a cap friendly deal and a veteran with strong ties to current head coach (Eriksson is a cap swap, but adds value in fit with Julien)

Nucks get long-term solution in net, Sedin retirement & dumping Eriksson makes it easier to swallow cap hit, a solid/cheap depth dman and roll the dice on depth prospect. Linden/Benning bet on fast incoming beevy of elite young players to give them the cap flex they need to afford Price's cap hit and still add other talent (could see them make a run at Tavares) while banking on Price giving them the vezina/hart level net-presence to expedite the return to playoff hockey.
--------------------------

To Edmonton
Weber, Byron, Shaw (13M)

To Montreal
lottery protected 1st, RNH, Russell, Sekera (15.5M)

Habs get lottery pick (no worse than 12th), top 6 C, two veteran LD's

Edmonton gets top-pairing fixture, veteran speed and grit for top-9. Chia gets the anchor #1 dman you know he covets, and veteran shake-up.
-------------------------------

To NYI
Pacioretty, Markstrom, conditional 2nd rd pick 2019 (if pacioretty doesn't re-sign/extend), (8M)

To Montreal
lottery protected 1st, Bellows*, Ladd, Czisikas (9.35M)

Habs get lottery pick (no worse than 12th), quality top-6 prospect (with family ties to habs), veteran W overpaid but with grit/leadership qualities and an overpaid 4th liner with high character qualities.

NYI get a cap friendly elite winger to help entice Tavares to stay (a consolation pick should patches walk), a cheaper replacement in nets for Halak (with solid upside), and dump two burdensome contracts that make both Tavares and Patches extensions more do-able.

*would take any one of Bellows, Ho-Sang, Dal Colle.
-----------------------

Net result:
3 additional lottery picks (giving us 4 of the top 12 picks in a draft with good high end talent in top-10), a few quality prospects and a few bad contracts (but all with veterans that have strong work ethic and/or ties to Julien).

In each case, the lottery pick is 1st overall protected (not sure any GM would be willing to give up shot at Dahlin), but in that case we get 1st and 2nd unprotected in 2019

Calgary (Price), Carolina (Price/Weber), St.Louis (Price/Patches) and Florida (Patches) are other possible destination where similar type deals could be explored... key is that we get the top 15 picks & top 6/4 quality prospects in the exchange, taking on bad contracts as necessary to make it work.

Ladd - RNH - Galch
Drouin
- Danault - Scherbak/Virtanen
Lekhonen
- Czisikas - Gallagher
Hudon - Froese - Eriksson
(Virtanen/Scherbak, Deslauriers, Bellows)

Sekera - Petry
Russell - Juulsen
Mete
- Alzner
(Reilly, Schlemko)

Niemi
Lingren

lineup isn't really much worse than we started this year with, maybe even better depending on how much our own young players progress... Julien and staff can then focus on building the culture they want to establish from the ground up.

bolded players, and assuming that we can translate 2-3 of our lottery picks and 1-2 of our 4 second rounders into solid top 9/top4 NHLers, should give us a pretty impressive and talented roster in 2-4 years... one with a great cap structure given all of the ELC/RFA players in the top-9/top-4 + expiring contracts of Ladd/Eriksson/Czisikas.

provided Lingren can cement himself as a #1 by then, we'd be well set up to go on a run of contending.
Both Sekera and Russell have a NMC.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Pacioretty for Edmontons 1st in 2018 and 2019. Would you guys do it? Would you also retain 50% to make it go through? Next year is a HUGE year for centers in the draft. If Oilers are a wildcard team and we stay in the bottom 10, we could have 2 top 15 picks.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Pacioretty for Edmontons 1st in 2018 and 2019. Would you guys do it? Would you also retain 50% to make it go through? Next year is a HUGE year for centers in the draft. If Oilers are a wildcard team and we stay in the bottom 10, we could have 2 top 15 picks.

Not sure the Oilers give 2-1st. Maybe if the 2019 pick was conditional to Patch re-signing?

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Arent Edmonton looking for a PMD?
Maybe they would be interested in Petry. Pacioretty and Petry for 2 1st and +, while we are taking either Lucic or Sekera

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Arent Edmonton looking for a PMD?
Maybe they would be interested in Petry. Pacioretty and Petry for 2 1st and +, while we are taking either Lucic or Sekera
They desperately need wingers just as much imo. If they know that they are going to sign a John Carlson, I can see it happening for sure. I doubt they want anything to do with Petry tbh.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012

No way Edmonton would do ... thinking .... maybe Chiarelli does do that.

Yeah I would be happy with that trade.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
No way Edmonton would do ... thinking .... maybe Chiarelli does do that.

Yeah I would be happy with that trade.
I thought so too initially, but after that Hamonic trade, it could be possible. Assuming Pacioretty signs with them of course.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I would take the 2 1st for Pacioretty. Lets just hope Edmonton gets desperate.
It's not happening if he doesn't guarantee to resign with them. I really want a 1st this year and next year. Next year is looking really strong for centers. Maybe Byron+Pacioretty makes more sense.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
It's not happening if he doesn't guarantee to resign with them. I really want a 1st this year and next year. Next year is looking really strong for centers. Maybe Byron+Pacioretty makes more sense.
If we include Byron Edmonton 2019 3rd better come our way. I feel like its a lot to give especially if Edmonton has a season like they had last year which gave them the 22nd overall pick. Byron could probably fetch a 1st by himself or 2 2nd.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If we include Byron Edmonton 2019 3rd better come our way. I feel like its a lot to give especially if Edmonton has a season like they had last year which gave them the 22nd overall pick. Byron could probably fetch a 1st by himself or 2 2nd.
Don't think so. He will get something less than what Grabner got imo. A 2nd.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Too much for my liking. Pacioretty and Byron for 2 1st which one could be a 20+ OVA. Give them their 2018 4th back. Trade Byron somewhere else for a 2nd and +.
It's interesting because if the Oilers don't improve their defense after, they could realistically end up out of the playoffs again and we would have 2 top 15 picks which is insane. Really hoping Chia gets desperate and does 2 firsts for Pacioretty.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
It's interesting because if the Oilers don't improve their defense after, they could realistically end up out of the playoffs again and we would have 2 top 15 picks which is insane. Really hoping Chia gets desperate and does 2 firsts for Pacioretty.
I would be happy with that.
In Edmonton Pacioretty becomes the 3rd best forward instead of the #1 like he is here in Montreal and minus the pressure of being captain.

Reactions: The Great Schlemko

bryan1966

Time for some fast & skilled hockey!
Nov 24, 2011
New Hampshire
I was reading the coyotes board and someone suggested Strome + for Max. I am still high on Strome being a solid offensive center. Not sure what the plus would be but what is others thoughts on Strome for Max?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I was reading the coyotes board and someone suggested Strome + for Max. I am still high on Strome being a solid offensive center. Not sure what the plus would be but what is others thoughts on Strome for Max?
I'm not too high on Strome, but I would definitely do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->