Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Gearing Up for the Off-season Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Andrew Gross of Newsday looked at some of Tavares' likely landing spots and he scratches Montreal off the list because of the media situation.
This season, the Montreal media really went too far with divorce rumours of Carey Price, constant trade rumours regarding Max Pacioretty and basically making it extremely difficult for the players to ever dig themselves out of the whole they got into.

And don't forget the confidential rehab story about Galchenyuk.....kept saying this for a long time now. The medias (especially the french one) are the biggest problem of this organisation.

With the diversity in the medias these days, i hope to see the day a GM put them back in their place. Inform the fans instead of trying to influence public opinion with their personnal agenda.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
And don't forget the confidential rehab story about Galchenyuk.....kept saying this for a long time now. The medias (especially the french one) are the biggest problem of this organisation.

With the diversity in the medias these days, i hope to see the day a GM put them back in their place. Inform the fans instead of trying to influence public opinion with their personnal agenda.
Why does the franco media go this route?? Sensationalize crap, to sell papers? Very sad the organization doesn't stand up to this crap..............this is why players do not want to come...next time this crap starts up, someone needs to set the record straight!

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
They'd better have a good back up plan.

I'd like to know why the author thinks NYR is out of the mix. This is my prediction, outside of him staying put.

Gross isn't the Islander's beat guy you really want to listen too, Staples is.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Weber retained to Toronto for Matt Martin, Eemeli Räsänen, Carl Grundström and a 2nd in 2019

Price retained to St Louis for Jake Allen, Vladimír Sobotka, Jordan Kyrou and a 2nd in 2019

Pacioretty to Florida for Aleksi Heponiemi, Adam Mascherin and 2018 1st.

Weber Fan

Feb 13, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
Florida as a trade partner make too much sense...They have Barkov, Trocheck, Bjugstad and McCann who can play center and they have two great prospects centers with Borgstrom and Heponiemi! In addition, they are well placed to draft another one with Hayton, Kupari, Thomas, Lundestrom or McCleod being available at their spot!

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
If what 'insiders' are saying is to be believed, they definetly are interested. Now, they're obviously not interested in doing Pacioretty for Trochek, which was MBs ask at the deadline, but there is interest there for sure.

At the deadline Talon wasn't in "need now" frame of mind, that may change at the draft but he has a lot of options unlike the Habs. We desperately need a C and everyone knows it, he can always convert players to center or go the UFA route or look to teams who can offer more.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013

Be careful for what you wish for, if our main source of Habs news was the Habs PR department then there would be virtually no accountability.

That said it's surprising teams like Montreal or Toronto don't do more of their own media. They could for instance very easily run a dedicated TV station and pretty much crush any independent media simply through the level of access.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Be careful for what you wish for, if our main source of Habs news was the Habs PR department then there would be virtually no accountability.

That said it's surprising teams like Montreal or Toronto don't do more of their own media. They could for instance very easily run a dedicated TV station and pretty much crush any independent media simply through the level of access.

Ì don't have a problem with guys doing good hockey coverage like Marc Denis or Dany Dubé for example. Most of the time they speak hockey.

It's the clowns like J-C Lajoie or AC guys that are the problems. Daily show of pure crap, promoting thier own views, their own politics and only trying to stay relevant in the hockey world. Sadly a lot of Fans follow them like sheep.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Weber retained to Toronto for Matt Martin, Eemeli Räsänen, Carl Grundström and a 2nd in 2019

Price retained to St Louis for Jake Allen, Vladimír Sobotka, Jordan Kyrou and a 2nd in 2019

LOVE it! Trade our 3 best players for magical beans and future considerations.

Please, never insult Bergevin’s bad trades ever again.

Reactions: S1C1L1AN78

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
LOVE it! Trade our 3 best players for magical beans and future considerations.

Please, never insult Bergevin’s bad trades ever again.
Would be the worst haul I would’ve ever seen if done.

Weber / Price / Pacioretty and only 1st rounders brought back and all futures. I would prefer to draft in the first round and build the team with prospects that would fit a need and our system.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

Jesus, man, you really believe those trades are going to make the Habs better in the future. Two, no I'll throw Captain Ready in there too, all three of those players are elite at what they do. Most of the players you're getting back are cannon fodder and maybe one or two will be good.

I was never sold on this rebuild you kept preaching and now that I see your vision I've stopped listening. With just those three trades you've made sure my future grandson would be middle aged before the Habs were in the playoffs.

Last edited:

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Would be the worst haul I would’ve ever seen if done.

Weber / Price / Pacioretty and only 1st rounders brought back and all futures. I would prefer to draft in the first round and build the team with prospects that would fit a need and our system.
Like winning every games 1-0:sarcasm:

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013

Absolutely, he'd be crazy to finish his career in this dump. We won't land anyone that matters as long as Bergevin is in charge, blame Molson!

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007

Wow you've managed not only to make our team worse now,but for the next decade too.

The only half decent, and i really want to stress half, is the florida deal.

The Price deal makes me cringe. Jake Allen? Niemi is currently playing better. Doubt he is better than Lindgren at this point. Sobotka is utterly useless to us. The only quality piece is Kyrou. The 2nd is literally a throw in considering where Florida ranks these days. So you're trading your #1 goalie,top 5 in the league, for Kyrou, who may, or may not pan out to be as good as any winger we have now. Well done.

I dont even want to talk about that Webee trade. Quite possibly one of the worst proposals i have seen on HFBoards. Matt. Freakin. Martin? Two B-C prospects and a 2nd thats almost in the 60s. Oh, and lets retain on that too.

God. Awful.

I get it that you want a full out rebuild, but at least get some quality pieces back. Geeeezzz

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
let's see... If we moved Price, Weber and Patches in an full scale ground up rebuild...

To Vancouver:
Price, Benn, 2 of JDR/McCarron/Carr (12M)

To Montreal
lottery protected 1st (if they win lottery, habs get 1st & 2nd 2019 instead), Virtanen, Markstrom, Eriksson (11.4M)

Habs get another lottery pick (no worse than 9th), young large-framed winger with high upside, a decent 1B goalie with 2 years left on a cap friendly deal and a veteran with strong ties to current head coach (Eriksson is a cap swap, but adds value in fit with Julien)

Nucks get long-term solution in net, Sedin retirement & dumping Eriksson makes it easier to swallow cap hit, a solid/cheap depth dman and roll the dice on depth prospect. Linden/Benning bet on fast incoming beevy of elite young players to give them the cap flex they need to afford Price's cap hit and still add other talent (could see them make a run at Tavares) while banking on Price giving them the vezina/hart level net-presence to expedite the return to playoff hockey.
--------------------------

To Edmonton
Weber, Byron, Shaw (13M)

To Montreal
lottery protected 1st, RNH, Russell, Sekera (15.5M)

Habs get lottery pick (no worse than 12th), top 6 C, two veteran LD's

Edmonton gets top-pairing fixture, veteran speed and grit for top-9. Chia gets the anchor #1 dman you know he covets, and veteran shake-up.
-------------------------------

To NYI
Pacioretty, Markstrom, conditional 2nd rd pick 2019 (if pacioretty doesn't re-sign/extend), (8M)

To Montreal
lottery protected 1st, Bellows*, Ladd, Czisikas (9.35M)

Habs get lottery pick (no worse than 12th), quality top-6 prospect (with family ties to habs), veteran W overpaid but with grit/leadership qualities and an overpaid 4th liner with high character qualities.

NYI get a cap friendly elite winger to help entice Tavares to stay (a consolation pick should patches walk), a cheaper replacement in nets for Halak (with solid upside), and dump two burdensome contracts that make both Tavares and Patches extensions more do-able.

*would take any one of Bellows, Ho-Sang, Dal Colle.
-----------------------

Net result:
3 additional lottery picks (giving us 4 of the top 12 picks in a draft with good high end talent in top-10), a few quality prospects and a few bad contracts (but all with veterans that have strong work ethic and/or ties to Julien).

In each case, the lottery pick is 1st overall protected (not sure any GM would be willing to give up shot at Dahlin), but in that case we get 1st and 2nd unprotected in 2019

Calgary (Price), Carolina (Price/Weber), St.Louis (Price/Patches) and Florida (Patches) are other possible destination where similar type deals could be explored... key is that we get the top 15 picks & top 6/4 quality prospects in the exchange, taking on bad contracts as necessary to make it work.

Ladd - RNH - Galch
Drouin
- Danault - Scherbak/Virtanen
Lekhonen
- Czisikas - Gallagher
Hudon - Froese - Eriksson
(Virtanen/Scherbak, Deslauriers, Bellows)

Sekera - Petry
Russell - Juulsen
Mete
- Alzner
(Reilly, Schlemko)

Niemi
Lingren

lineup isn't really much worse than we started this year with, maybe even better depending on how much our own young players progress... Julien and staff can then focus on building the culture they want to establish from the ground up.

bolded players, and assuming that we can translate 2-3 of our lottery picks and 1-2 of our 4 second rounders into solid top 9/top4 NHLers, should give us a pretty impressive and talented roster in 2-4 years... one with a great cap structure given all of the ELC/RFA players in the top-9/top-4 + expiring contracts of Ladd/Eriksson/Czisikas.

provided Lingren can cement himself as a #1 by then, we'd be well set up to go on a run of contending.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Derek Stepan got the Rangers the 7th OA in 2017 and ROR is better. ROR has a longer but more expensive contract than Stepan. Think the 5th OA is closer based on that trade.
ROR is a significantly better player though.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Significant is a stretch. Stepan is a 27 year old 55ish point center with really good two play. O'Rielly is a 27 year old 60ish point center with high end two way play.
I’m very comfortable with using significant.

I can’t stand ROR. But he’s a very good player. He’s an excellent defensive player, can be used on the wing or at Center. He has chemistry with legitimately everyone he plays with.

To me, there’s a sizeable gap between their defensive play. ROR is among the very best in the league.

Reactions: Vachon23

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I’m very comfortable with using significant.

I can’t stand ROR. But he’s a very good player. He’s an excellent defensive player, can be used on the wing or at Center. He has chemistry with legitimately everyone he plays with.

To me, there’s a sizeable gap between their defensive play. ROR is among the very best in the league.

But Stepan is very good defensive player too, can play around and has chemistry with pretty much everyone he plays with.

And the gap between their defensive play isn't that significant. ROR is a high end defensive center. Stepan is right behind him. The biggest difference between the two is probably in transition, not offensive or defensively. But they're definitely close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad