Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Gearing Up for the Off-season Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
A
I’d rather trade Pacioretty to Florida for Bjugstad and a 1st. Bjustad could easily fill a second line center role and bring us decent production at a reasonable cost. Meanwhile we could look at adding a center via UFA, with the most popular option being Stastny.

In summary:

To Florida Panthers: Max Pacioretty

To Montreal Canadiens: Nick Bjustad, 1st round pick 2018, 2nd round pick 2019
Bjustad is not a 2nd line center. His production is on par with Danault and he'll be 26 this summer. You may be thinking Borgstrom.

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Bjustad is not a 2nd line center. His production is on par with Danault and he'll be 26 this summer. You may be thinking Borgstrom.

Lol at Danault being equal to Bjustad:laugh:. Sure, like a 6"6 center with still untapped potential is better than an overrated 3rd liner. Please people, i like Danault, but don't tell me you wouldn't want Bujstsad centering your second line.

Reactions: Weber Fan

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Lol at Danault being equal to Bjustad:laugh:. Sure, like a 6"6 center with still untapped potential is better than an overrated 3rd liner. Please people, i like Danault, but don't tell me you wouldn't want Bujstsad centering your second line.

Yes I don’t want either centring the the 2nd line
They’re both not that good

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
No to O’Reilly unless he comes at a bargain price.

I’d rather trade Pacioretty to Florida for Bjugstad and a 1st. Bjustad could easily fill a second line center role and bring us decent production at a reasonable cost. Meanwhile we could look at adding a center via UFA, with the most popular option being Stastny.

I've proposed this trade a few times.

Gives the Habs a good future piece and a center (now playing wing, i know) who could bump Danault down to the 3rd line where he belongs. He fills a vacancy. A little untapped potential there with Bjugstad ... being on wing and having injuries in the past. Decent cap hit, big body, right handed shot.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

Bjugstad is a 3rd liner just like Danault. No need to trade for him when Danault can fit that bill just fine imo.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

Learn to read. I didn't say he was equal to Danault. I said his production was on par to Danault. He'll be 26 this summer and Florida didn't want to use him as a 3rd line center. You want to use him as a 2nd line center. Marc is that you? Floating trade balloons again?

Reactions: mariolemieux66

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Learn to read. I didn't say he was equal to Danault. I said his production was on par to Danault. He'll be 26 this summer and Florida didn't want to use him as a 3rd line center. You want to use him as a 2nd line center. Marc is that you? Floating trade balloons again?

Yes, i would, as would 95% of the gm's in the league. It's easy for Florida to "demote" him to bottom six status when you have Barkov and Trocheck (even Huberdeau if necessary) as your other options at C. Is he a saviour - no, but beggars can't be choosy. I truly believe he is on the verge of a major breakout after years of battling injuries and inconsistency.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Yes, i would, as would 95% of the gm's in the league. It's easy for Florida to "demote" him to bottom six status when you have Barkov and Trocheck (even Huberdeau if necessary) as your other options at C. Is he a saviour - no, but beggars can't be choosy. I truly believe he is on the verge of a major breakout after years of battling injuries and inconsistency.
Yeah, okay, Marc

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Probably the same folks telling you Bjugstad could never play C are the same ones who argued Brayden Schenn could never play C either last year around this time.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
We know Bergevin wants to trade more than half his team and I really think he's got many dance partners this year that are really disappointed with their team and are looking to shake things up.

Buffalo - AGAIN
Edmonton - AGAIN
Arizona - AGAIN
Carolina - very disappointed and looking to shake things up (tons of Ds)
St-Louis - openly said they are moving players
Detroit
Ottawa
Calgary
Washington if they're out quickly in the playoffs again.

All of these teams have needs and some of our players would fit in nicely. And all of these teams have players that would fit in here.

Does Bergevin have the dance moves?

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Probably the same folks telling you Bjugstad could never play C are the same ones who argued Brayden Schenn could never play C either last year around this time.

And apparently, we should have never traded for Couterier either since he had 34 points last year -almost the same as Danault.

Reactions: 417

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

How can a guy that’s played 6 NHL seasons still have “untapped potential”?

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

I don't want Bujstsad to be my 2nd line center I want better

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

I think Bjugstad is a good player, but saying a soon to be 26 year old with over 350 games has untapped potential but a comparable guy that's half a year younger and under 200 games is an overrated 3rd liner is ... weird.

Absent any deeper analysis, comparing comments on Bjugstad to comments on Schenn is like comparing comments on Bjugstad to comments on Drouin or Alzner or anyone else that is from another organization.

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
I don't want Bujstsad to be my 2nd line center I want better

As do I. Hell, i'd like to get Dubois out of Columbus, but it ain't happening.

All i'm saying is if the only thing we can get is him (at a realistic price), i will never be convinced not to take it simply because we already have Danault.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Andrew Gross of Newsday looked at some of Tavares' likely landing spots and he scratches Montreal off the list because of the media situation.
This season, the Montreal media really went too far with divorce rumours of Carey Price, constant trade rumours regarding Max Pacioretty and basically making it extremely difficult for the players to ever dig themselves out of the whole they got into.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Andrew Gross of Newsday looked at some of Tavares' likely landing spots and he scratches Montreal off the list because of the media situation.
This season, the Montreal media really went too far with divorce rumours of Carey Price, constant trade rumours regarding Max Pacioretty and basically making it extremely difficult for the players to ever dig themselves out of the whole they got into.

They'd better have a good back up plan.

I'd like to know why the author thinks NYR is out of the mix. This is my prediction, outside of him staying put.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad