Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Gearing Up for the Off-season Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
If the Habs had a solid core, we wouldnt be talking about the draft lottery and al...
seriously, people should stop with this crap, MOST NHLers arent old enough to remember Habs last cup...

Well unfortunately the core pieces of Weber and Price haven’t been healthy most of the year so your premise is false. When they were healthy we were the best team in the conference last year. Forget about that? Add Tavares to this team and some depth from either trade, draft and or trade and were back on top.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Well unfortunately the core pieces of Weber and Price haven’t been healthy most of the year so your premise is false. When they were healthy we were the best team in the conference last year. Forget about that? Add Tavares to this team and some depth from either trade, draft and or trade and were back on top.
when they were at the beginning of this season, Habs were still bad. No I did not forget about that.
The team being the very best for 1/4 of last season I did not forget either. Just like I did not forget that after this 1/4 the Habs were BAD.

Reactions: CanadianSharks

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
when they were at the beginning of this season, Habs were still bad. No I did not forget about that.
The team being the very best for 1/4 of last season I did not forget either. Just like I did not forget that after this 1/4 the Habs were BAD.

Price was diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome and Weber messed up his foot the first game. So as of the first game of the season, both our best players were injured and contributed to a terrible start that led to a terrible season.

Unclewhalebone

Aug 28, 2009
Pac becomes more expandable if teams can negotiate with him in the summer no?

Jankowski is a guy i really want as he seems like a very good 2C in the making

Getting Valimaki too would be the top cherry

If we sign Tavares we get our 1st c?

Then you sign Kovalchuk to replace Max

I really don't think we need to "replace" Max. We need to replace his goals. I really feel like if we have strong centers in the right chairs and defense that can move and make plays, the other wingers we have will improve by a few goals each to pick up the slack.

Habfan10

May 16, 2015
14 million for Taveres , trade Max for Josh Anderson and a draft pick . 6-3 221 pound Rw .
Taveres-Anderson-Drouin
Hudon-Gallagher-Galychnuk
Danult-Shaw-Byron
Pleckanec-Lehkonen-Delaurais/Sherbek

Riley-Weber
Mete-Petry
Alzner-Jullson ... Price-Lindgren

You use Hudon for 1 year until Poehling is ready. Then Hudon drops to third line C and Danault to 4 th . Plecks retire a Hab . If they miss on Taveres you tank for Hughes . You keep cap space or offer one year over payments for a Center . You don’t want to get stuck with a Stasny for 4 years . P.s. Fall for Dahlin
If I’m Columbus I will gladly keep a younger and cheaper Josh Anderson

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Top UFA Targets

We'll certainly have cap space, but we only really need a top six center and a lhd to play with Weber. We also need to stay young. I'd welcome any of the first 3 on the list.

Perron, Neal, and JVR would be good if we were to trade some of our wingers for the assets needed to get a center.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I would go Stastny, Perron UFAs. The more I watch the team struggle losing defensive face offs, the more I watch the PP, missing the element of possession, the more I want Stastny.

I would also look at a trade of Pacioretty and Mc Carron for Max Domi and a conditional 2nd, if Patches re-signs. Yotes need leadership. They can't sign UFAs, because they suck. Patches and Stepan were team USA linemates. Domi replaces Pacioretty on the PK, and can slide into the 2-3 centre spots with injury.

Galchenyuk-Drouin-Gallagher
(Yes Drouin is coming back as a C, until Poehling arrives)

Domi-Stastny-Perron

Lehkonen-Danault-Scherbak/Hudon

Byron-Froese-Shaw

PP1
Stastny (C)
Galchenyuk
Gallagher
Drouin
Weber

PP2
Shaw (C)
Perron
Domi
Scherbak/Hudon
Petry

PK1
Froese
Byron
Alzner
Juulsen

PK2
Danault
Lehkonen
Weber
Mete

PK3
Domi
Gallagher

Deslauriers plays when needed. I would bring Lapierre in to compete with Froese, in TC, whichever gets demoted captains the Rocket.

Mete-Weber
Reilly-Petry
Alzner-Juulsen
Benn

I'd sign Niemi to compete with Lindgren in TC for a backup role. Nothing given. If Lindgren wins, Niemi leads the Rocket. If Niemi wins, Lindgren is traded for draft picks.

DeLaRose gets traded or demoted, Schlemko is traded to Edmonton.

Ideally I'd like another top 3 d, so that there is essentially 2 spots open in TC, a competition between Reilly/Mete, Hudon/Scherbak. If Reilly or Hudon win, one of the ELC's go down. I would not mind if Mete started next year in Laval with Lernout, adding depth, but Valiev might be the guy who fills the top 4 d role on the farm. I think you might be able to get a d with a big contract for a mid round pick, don't want to speculate on players, just cap economics.

Last edited:

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I would sign Vermette as a 4th line center over Plekanec he is way better on draws.

Pascal Dupuis said he would take Vermette over Plekanec any day, surprised me. I don't know if Vermette can contribute anything offensively anymore. But a good PK starts with winning the puck. Giving up 21 PP shots against the Bruins, which would have been 25 and a couple of goals with Bergeron playing, came from chasing the puck off the draw.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
So are we going all in to win, retooling or rebuilding?

If we can't trade for or sign at least 1 Top 6C, preferably 2, we should blow it up but gotta feeling we will be Canucking and doing it all half ass, like we have for 20+ years now

Reactions: Beer and Chips

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Fire MB, then

:habs
ROR

:sabres
Shea Weber

Jarred Spurgeon

:wild
Max Pacioretty
2nd 2018
2nd 2018

Sign CDH 5X 4,5/5M

Drouin-ROR-Gallagher
Hudon-Galchenyuk-Scherbak
Lehkonen-Danault-Byron
Deslauriers-Shaw-Carr

CDH-Spurgeon
Mete-Petry
Alzner-Juulsen
Valiev

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Fire MB, then

ROR

Shea Weber

Jarred Spurgeon

Max Pacioretty
2nd 2018
2nd 2018

Sign CDH 5X 4,5/5M

Drouin-ROR-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Danault-Byron
Deslauriers-Shaw-Carr

CDH-Spurgeon
Mete-Petry
Alzner-Juulsen
Valiev

Is this a joke???

This is officially top 5 worst trade proposal I’ve ever seen. :handclap:

Reactions: bleuetbio

bryan1966

Time for some fast & skilled hockey!
Nov 24, 2011
New Hampshire
people suggest Hudon as second line center. however Hudon or Danault should not be playing first or second line center. Habs need to find two top centers. Tavares (pipe dream), Thornton & Stastny short term until Poehling maybe Ikonen or whoever we draft this year is ready.

If we can sign Stastny and then trade Max for a decent center maybe we can compete again.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Will Snow trade JT's rights around the draft, to give a team negotiating rights to JT? Would MB be in on that?

If not, come July 1 would MB load up his offer to JT with a signing bonus that other teams can't match? 25M the day of the signing?? Higher? The Habs do have money other teams don't and they certainly have the desperation...

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Anyone else thinks that signing Tavares would mean Patches stays? Also, I don't think we can resign him if that's the case.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Fire MB, then

ROR

Shea Weber

Jarred Spurgeon

Max Pacioretty
2nd 2018
2nd 2018

Sign CDH 5X 4,5/5M

Drouin-ROR-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Danault-Byron
Deslauriers-Shaw-Carr

CDH-Spurgeon
Mete-Petry
Alzner-Juulsen
Valiev

you drunk? I'll give you props for posting this crap on habs board first, but that's it

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Will Snow trade JT's rights around the draft, to give a team negotiating rights to JT? Would MB be in on that?

If not, come July 1 would MB load up his offer to JT with a signing bonus that other teams can't match? 25M the day of the signing?? Higher? The Habs do have money other teams don't and they certainly have the desperation...
Dont give him ideas.

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
For sure JT's negotiating rights would be traded if they knew he'd walk. I don't know what their worth but probably a lot. I'd give a 2nd round pick if I thought we'd have a reasonable chance at signing him.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
people suggest Hudon as second line center. however Hudon or Danault should not be playing first or second line center. Habs need to find two top centers. Tavares (pipe dream), Thornton & Stastny short term until Poehling maybe Ikonen or whoever we draft this year is ready.

If we can sign Stastny and then trade Max for a decent center maybe we can compete again.

i wouldn't touch stasny with a 10 foot pole. has been in serious decline for 5 years, basically has danault's stats, is 34 early next season..the answer is no

Reactions: mariolemieux66
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad