{Trade} PIT/PHI with big divisional deal

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
So I was seduced with the charms of Canucks players and couldnt pass on picking them up.

to PIT: Kevin Bieksa, Jordan Schroeder and Brian Lee
to PHI: Michael Del Zotto, Drayson Bowman and Ales Kotalik

3 onjectives
1. needed depth on D, badly. Matt Walker, Matt Pelech and Kevin Quick were my next in line after 1 injury.

2. Picked up Canucks. I know Bieksa is a wild card and Schroeder is just a prospect who isnt doing much, but if he ever breaks out I will never get him like Kesler has forever been out of reach for me! Also been after Bieksa for a while and the price was too much. The last time he was offered to me would have cost me 3 times what I paid in this deal (right Sean? ;-) )

3. Losing Kotalik contract just makes me feel better. Hated that contract, adios muchachos and dont let the door hit you on the way out.

Sucks losing MDZ, Im sure I will regret it. But without a first rounder this season, I want to make the playoffs!

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Looks like a reasonable trade for both teams. Tough to do a deal in the division - never mind within the state! - but you're in different enough places in your teams' journeys that it makes it manageable.

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
Del Zatto trade hmm suprised to see him go when ever he was dicussed between us it was a player you didnt offer up ver often :p: very interesting good trade for both teams

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad