trade offer

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
I need help about this trade.It's a keeper league and I'm rebuilding.

I get:
Brian Elliot
Robert Hagg (d-man prospect for philly)
2nd 2014-2015
3rd 2014-2015

I give:
Corey Schnider

I think I should take because I get 2 picks in a strong draft a good d prospect.Elliott is the difference maker,should I take the chance that he might be a backup?

I don't want to take it because this is schniders first full goalie season and he might prove to be elite. I'm tanking for the 1st pick btw want to get McDavid. Thanks

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
id take it if I were you forsure.. you better accept it before whoever offered it to you sobers up hahah

ChrisWinsor

Oct 21, 2010
I 100% do not take that trade. Elliot wont get lots of starts, and will eventually lose his job to either Allen or a FA.

Schneider is an amazing goalie, both in fantasy and real life. Hold on to him.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
but you also get Hagg, 2nd and 3rd.... I mean its totally up to you but I would take this deal in a heart beat in the pool that I am in just cause those 2nds and 3rds are extremely valuable in my pool... maybe they aren't quite so valuable in yours. But with a 2nd and 3rd in my pool, I could easily get like a Milano and Barbashev. So basically the deal for me would be Elliott, Hagg, Milano, Barbashev for Schneider..... like I said, in a heart beat!!!haha

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I would not do it, I don't know enough about Hagg but isn't he expected to be a Dennis Seidenberg type? Also Elliott will only gets starts this season to groom Allen into the starter role. The picks are nice and all but they're a mystery in itself.

Schneider is young and the Devils should remain a bubble team/playoff calibre team for another couple years depending on how their D develops and if they develop more forwards.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
I'm rebuilding and there are 18 teams in my league. Getting those 2nd and 3rds help

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Where did the guy giving you those picks finish last year?
What are the point distribution for goalies?
How long are planning to rebuild?
How many players can you protect every year?

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Where did the guy giving you those picks finish last year?
What are the point distribution for goalies?
How long are planning to rebuild?
How many players can you protect every year?

one of the picks finshed last,the other is also tanking probably going to finsh bottom 3 with me.

goalies point totals:
wins- 5 points
shutout- 5 points
saves-0.25 points
goals against- - 1 point

Well since I traded my old players I'm planning to rebuild for 2-3 years.

No protecting we go through ufa and rfa you can only re-sign 2 players a year when there contracts are up. For example elliott is signed to a 2,100,000 through 2015-2016 when that expires I can re-sign him and one more player

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I guess it's not that bad, objectively speaking Schneider should get you:
30-33 wins (140-160 points), 5-6 shutouts (25-30 points), 1500ish saves (375 points), Negative 129 points (2.15GAA @ 60GP).

Now I don't know how the scoring system works for skaters but I guess you're better off taking the deal if you the math plus potential benefits from the picks. Elliott won't you many saves but he will get you as many SO and a good goal against ratio.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Like I said, its all up to you and how important picks are. In my pool, it would be an absolute no brainer to accept, but all pools are different... I just have never considered Schneider to ever be an elite goalie.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Like I said, its all up to you and how important picks are. In my pool, it would be an absolute no brainer to accept, but all pools are different... I just have never considered Schneider to ever be an elite goalie.

It's an 18 team league he said so those picks won't be high. Schneider the past 3 seasons played 108 games with a GAA of roughly 2 or so on 2 different teams. I think Schneider will be a beast very soon, especially since he will actually play 60+ games

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes