Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
...DP57 and a high end Detroit prospect or two

Perron.jpg

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
At the end of last season EVERYONE thought re-signing DP was a no-brainer. But our GM is a ruthless businessman who would sellout his own mother to win "Toughest Negotiator" accolades from his peers.

Enough of this fool. Bring in somebody who can rebuild this team's culture.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
So your solution to fix the team is to trade a 25 year for a 35 year old in hopes that he can fix RoR's complete failure to perform and a "high end prospect"

Having Perron on this team is not going to magically fix anything when you have RoR, Parayko, and to a lesser extents Tarasenko and Schenn making it home and not performing to a level they are supposed to be playing.

If you're trading Kyrou you better be getting a young top6F/top4D+prospect for him.

LogosBlue

May 16, 2018
So your solution to fix the team is to trade a 25 year for a 35 year old in hopes that he can fix RoR's complete failure to perform and a "high end prospect"

Having Perron on this team is not going to magically fix anything when you have RoR, Parayko, and to a lesser extents Tarasenko and Schenn making it home and not performing to a level they are supposed to be playing.

If you're trading Kyrou you better be getting a young top6F/top4D+prospect for him.

Can't say your wrong about ROR, Parayko and Schenn (Schenn almost looks washed up). Tarasenko has been playing really well and competing hard most every shift i see him. His chances aren't landing alot but you notice him throughout the game as a force.

That being said, Kyrou has been butt cheeks. He's not finishing. He's not using his speed. He's a liability in all three zones. He gets knocked off the puck almost every time he touches it. Pretty weak. The worst part is that he is bringing everyone on his line down with him. Great players effect their lines and elevate the play of linemates. He is litterally the opposite of that. I'd trade him right now if the return was Perron, one high end prospect and a pick for next year.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I see we have some Kyrou acolytes in the house.

How's he doing?
Where did I advocate for him smarty? All I did was advocate against trading him for a guy who's 35. Perron is not going to fix the 17 other forwards and defenseman who can't seem to get their heads out of their ass.

Can't say your wrong about ROR, Parayko and Schenn (Schenn almost looks washed up). Tarasenko has been playing really well and competing hard most every shift i see him. His chances aren't landing alot but you notice him throughout the game as a force.

That being said, Kyrou has been butt cheeks. He's not finishing. He's not using his speed. He's a liability in all three zones. He gets knocked off the puck almost every time he touches it. Pretty weak. The worst part is that he is bringing everyone on his line down with him. Great players effect their lines and elevate the play of linemates. He is litterally the opposite of that. I'd trade him right now if the return was Perron, one high end prospect and a pick for next year.
Over the past 2 games since Kyrou has been taken off the line with the Corpse that is RoR. He's looked night and day better. Him, Thomas, and Neighbours were clicking most of last night and RoR ended up demoted to Toropchenko and Neighbours.

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
The little clown car got rolled out onto the ice and a multitude of clowns wearing the same blue uniform exited the car in haphazard fashion. Now it's utter chaos and comedy out there.

All we have left are memes.

This will be a season of nightly clown shows and glorious memes. Laughter is the best medicine for despair.

Your meme is welcomed!

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Over the past 2 games since Kyrou has been taken off the line with the Corpse that is RoR. He's looked night and day better. Him, Thomas, and Neighbours were clicking most of last night and RoR ended up demoted to Toropchenko and Neighbours.
ROR was also (deservedly) taken off the top PP unit for the 3rd period PP that led to a (fortunate) Blues goal. ROR's attempted pass to Mikkola out of the box was a brutal and costly turnover that was easily avoidable. He pretty easily could have banked that off the boards toward Mikkola but instead tried a risky pass. His demotion to the bottom 6 was completely justified.

Whatever is going on with ROR at the moment is baffling. He's been the team's most important player for a couple years now and his play in the first 9 games this year is arguably worst on the team. I can't bring myself to believe that his level of play has fallen off this much, but at the moment I'm very, very happy that we didn't extend him over the summer.

Reactions: Blueston

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Perron is one of, if my not my favorite Blues player ever, and I would love to have him as a Blue still and have him retire a Blue. I also think we should have signed him, especially with the price Detroit signed him for!

That said, this would be a terrible trade to make, this thread cannot be serious! :biglaugh:

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I figured I'd pop in for some reasonable and well thought out commentary on the Blues...

and yup...about what I expected to find.

Also...ruthless businessman? It's amazing how so many folks on the internets are ESP'ers.

I will give you brownie points and let you be in the DA Fan Club.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
I guess we could sit around and make excuses for the team's suckage and pad our shoulders that we are such good fans.
you sneer and jeer, but you know there's other options. it's fun to take a poop but you gotta get up at some point.

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
you sneer and jeer, but you know there's other options. it's fun to take a poop but you gotta get up at some point.
I'm making lemonade out of lemons and having a laugh.

Sounds like you need to see the bathroom.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes