Trade Ideas and Free Agency XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Nothing Draisaitl has done to this point that would make me think he's worth that much.

Drai + a pick. he is a young big center with solid scoring numbers not just with mcdavid. he is 23. youth and size at C is something we lack. what about his game do you not like? i understand i put 3 names but judging by your view of ek its more like a 2 for 1 since we are trading for someone we want they arent asking us for those names.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Drai + a pick. he is a young big center with solid scoring numbers not just with mcdavid. he is 23. youth and size at C is something we lack. what about his game do you not like? i understand i put 3 names but judging by your view of ek its more like a 2 for 1 since we are trading for someone we want they arent asking us for those names.
Draisaitl is a 50-60 point player when he's at center. And that's while being sheltered behind McDavid's line. I would love to add him to the Wild roster, but not at the cost of a 40-50 point top pair dman, plys a 40-50 point top 6 wing, plus even more.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Why would the Oilers sell Drais? They don't have center depth, especially with RNH playing on McDavid's wing.
The only reason to consider it would be if their cap situation isn't tenable if they want to give McDavid a proper supporting cast. They paid Draisatl like he's a 70-80 pt center that can carry his own line, when thus far he's been a 70-80 point winger next to McDavid and 50-60 point center on his own line. If they figure they can run McDavid, RNH, Strome as their centers and turn Draisaitl into a new winger for McDavid and a top-4 defensemen and not add much in cap-hit... maybe. Draisaitl's a very good player, but paying him $8.5m when you've got needs all over your line-up could get hard to stomach.

That said, I don't think they'd seriously consider it and they should probably pursue less drastic measures first.

Reactions: 2Pair

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The only reason to consider it would be if their cap situation isn't tenable if they want to give McDavid a proper supporting cast. They paid Draisatl like he's a 70-80 pt center that can carry his own line, when thus far he's been a 70-80 point winger next to McDavid and 50-60 point center on his own line. If they figure they can run McDavid, RNH, Strome as their centers and turn Draisaitl into a new winger for McDavid and a top-4 defensemen and not add much in cap-hit... maybe. Draisaitl's a very good player, but paying him $8.5m when you've got needs all over your line-up could get hard to stomach.

That said, I don't think they'd seriously consider it and they should probably pursue less drastic measures first.

I find it hard to ding Drais on not being a 70p-80p that can't carry his own line when he has Chiasson and Rieder as his primary wings. But they do have Chai as their GM, and he seems to lose every trade in spectacular fashion for some odd reason.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I find it hard to ding Drais on not being a 70p-80p that can't carry his own line when he has Chiasson and Rieder as his primary wings. But they do have Chai as their GM, and he seems to lose every trade in spectacular fashion for some odd reason.
Yeah, I can't disagree with any of that.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Draisaitl is a 50-60 point player when he's at center. And that's while being sheltered behind McDavid's line. I would love to add him to the Wild roster, but not at the cost of a 40-50 point top pair dman, plys a 40-50 point top 6 wing, plus even more.

i dont disagree with what you said, but as many people say on here they dont want to give up Drai. So somehow you have to take him away. you need to offer up something worth while. Id want more back than just Drai which is why i added a pick afterwards but cap wise and just simply what we have for a lineup id be fine giving up that offer for him. its a shakeup and a talent upgrade in my eyes over nino and ek. spurgeon playing defense is a different comparison so its just pointless to make. i also added ek as they would want a C prospect coming back i would assume if they would part with drai.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Why would the Oilers sell Drais? They don't have center depth, especially with RNH playing on McDavid's wing.

just because RNH is on his wing does not mean he cant be a 2C does it? Plus Nino can fill RNH shoes as that winger and then they add C depth with ek and a top pairing RHD which unless im mistaken is a need for them not to mention a home town kid.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
i dont disagree with what you said, but as many people say on here they dont want to give up Drai. So somehow you have to take him away. you need to offer up something worth while. Id want more back than just Drai which is why i added a pick afterwards but cap wise and just simply what we have for a lineup id be fine giving up that offer for him. its a shakeup and a talent upgrade in my eyes over nino and ek. spurgeon playing defense is a different comparison so its just pointless to make. i also added ek as they would want a C prospect coming back i would assume if they would part with drai.
So, if we say that we really don't want to move Spurgeon, does he become more valuable? Either Draisaitl is available or he isn't, you don't pay twice as much because Edmonton really likes him.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
just because RNH is on his wing does not mean he cant be a 2C does it? Plus Nino can fill RNH shoes as that winger and then they add C depth with ek and a top pairing RHD which unless im mistaken is a need for them not to mention a home town kid.

Drais > RNH at center and RNH > Nino at wing. Strome and Brodziak > JEE at center. It still doesn't do anything to give the Oilers a viable 2nd line, it only makes it worse.

Klefbom, Nurse, and Larsson aren't a bad top-4, and Sekera "should" be back sometime this year. Spurgeon is better than the RD but it's not the extent of Drais > Nino at all.

The cap doesn't work out either once Sekera comes off IR. Sending ~$11.5m and taking back $8.5m. Lucic at $6m/yr is bad money, and none of their cheap salary FWDs have played above their salary. EDM really is in a tough cap spot right now and somehow, after all of those years of being bad, have a weak prospect pool.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
So, if we say that we really don't want to move Spurgeon, does he become more valuable? Either Draisaitl is available or he isn't, you don't pay twice as much because Edmonton really likes him.

isnt everyone available for the right price? there is zero indication he is available so thats why id go over the top a bit to get their attention and possibly persuade them. im fine with a slight over payment for a need.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Drais > RNH at center and RNH > Nino at wing. Strome and Brodziak > JEE at center. It still doesn't do anything to give the Oilers a viable 2nd line, it only makes it worse.

Klefbom, Nurse, and Larsson aren't a bad top-4, and Sekera "should" be back sometime this year. Spurgeon is better than the RD but it's not the extent of Drais > Nino at all.

The cap doesn't work out either once Sekera comes off IR. Sending ~$11.5m and taking back $8.5m. Lucic at $6m/yr is bad money, and none of their cheap salary FWDs have played above their salary. EDM really is in a tough cap spot right now and somehow, after all of those years of being bad, have a weak prospect pool.

i was under the impression from oilers fans, possibly a few weeks ago nothing recent to note, that Sekera was not coming back anytime soon. Lucic might be one of those additions to make cap work which as annoying as he is, having that size in the lineup as a 3rd line W might not be the end of the world. contract wise yeah it bites not much dispute there.

as far as the centers, i wasnt exactly stating EK is better than what they have at C but considering theyd be losing a 23 year old C they would want a C prospect back is my assumption. with them having options over EK he can go down to their AHL team and develope which most of the wild fans wish he would do for us. then next year or 2 years down the road he may be a much better 2C/3C.

the RNH vs Nino i cant really debate as i dont watch RNH at all, i looked at him during the random brodin for RNH prior to expansion talk but other than that nothing. is he another stat inflation due to being with mcjesus? could nino become better paired with mcjesus? who knows. as numbers show now id agree though that RNH > Nino.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
RNH has been freed from the center responsibilities and can use his creativity, similar to Granlund. When I look at Nylander I see him being another RNH.

If JEE needs more than this season in the AHL he's waiver wire fodder. That's the concern I have for him currently in MN. His trade value is in a weird spot right now.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
isnt everyone available for the right price? there is zero indication he is available so thats why id go over the top a bit to get their attention and possibly persuade them. im fine with a slight over payment for a need.
If he isn't "available" then the discussion is pointless.If that's the "right price" then I would have zero interest. Your proposal is quite a bit bigger than a "slight overpayment" IMO.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
If he isn't "available" then the discussion is pointless.If that's the "right price" then I would have zero interest. Your proposal is quite a bit bigger than a "slight overpayment" IMO.

Well i have zero knowledge if he is available aside from what oilers fans say. fans. thats all this is is fans talk for the most part so if he is available which we dont know yes or no on what is your bid to get him? in your eyes its a big overpayment my proposal, thats fine. i understand it thats why i changed to drai + for spurg + nino + ek. i find that as rather fair in my eyes just because its more on the line of drai for spurg but we need to add more because of age in my opinion. you can view that different which obviously you do and thats fine. what would be your offer?

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
RNH has been freed from the center responsibilities and can use his creativity, similar to Granlund. When I look at Nylander I see him being another RNH.

If JEE needs more than this season in the AHL he's waiver wire fodder. That's the concern I have for him currently in MN. His trade value is in a weird spot right now.

i know nothing about is waiver wire fodder. i can see your connection with RNH and Granny. im just spitballing though. i want an established young C now because i assume 1 or 2 years from now we lose at least one of our top 2 centers. i like Ek much more than others but i also have a huge interest in trading staal at highest value so we would need more than just Ek for next year and further.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
It’d be much easier to acquire Nylander than Draisaitl. I’d offer Nino+futures or Spurgeon straight up. That’s it. And it’d suck too cause Spurgeon and Brodin are doing so well together

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

RNH is a very underwhelming player who looks solid if you play him next to the best player in the world. Nylander is already a much better player than RNH ever was.

Reactions: DumbaTrain
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig