Trade idea....

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I think id make that trade just to be rid of Hagg who is going to stand in the way of much better D prospects and get way more ice time than he should.

Addition by subtraction and all that

I'd rather they just trade Hagg for a 2nd or, fantasy time, with Simmonds for Dougie Hamilton than trade him for essentially nothing.

It's no use dreaming though. We're re-signing him for 4 years. Core piece.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'd rather they just trade Hagg for a 2nd or, fantasy time, with Simmonds for Dougie Hamilton than trade him for essentially nothing.

It's no use dreaming though. We're re-signing him for 4 years. Core piece.

Oh yeah id rather get a 2nd or package him too.

Cant wait to see the numbers on his extension.

FML.

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I’m actually a Hagg support for the most part, but I don’t think you guys are giving Gauthier enough credit. He has been stuck in a numbers game in Toronto last two years behind some pretty good C depth. I’d put money on Gauthier being more valuable then Hagg in two years.
Gauthier could not best out 37 year old Dominic Moore.

Goat is a slow C with no upside.

I just went to look at who Leafs fans have for their lines next year, and most don't include Goat, but instead Aaltonen.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Is the general perception that Hagg is worth a 2nd? I usually undervalue players when traded for picks so that seems high to me.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
If Mirco Mueller, from the same class and unable to be a full-time NHLer, can get traded for a 2nd last year.......Hagg gets that at least. He hits all the Hockey Guy criteria. Hits. Get it. Hits.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Gauthier could not best out 37 year old Dominic Moore.

Goat is a slow C with no upside.

I just went to look at who Leafs fans have for their lines next year, and most don't include Goat, but instead Aaltonen.

That’s like saying that Morin couldn’t beat out Manning, Hagg, or Amac.

And I think Goat 4C upside prob equals Hagg upside.

Guys like Gauthier Kapanen and Johnnson spent a lot of time in AHL because of waivers and their crazy forward depth. The guys alone that could play C are Matthews, Kadri, Bozak, Nylander, Marleau, Komarov, Plekanecs.

And our bottom 6C depth is pretty slim. Gauthier and Aaltonen would prob be penciled in as our 4C from day one next year

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

And I think Goat 4C upside prob equals Hagg upside.

Guys like Gauthier Kapanen and Johnnson spent a lot of time in AHL because of waivers and their crazy forward depth. The guys alone that could play C are Matthews, Kadri, Bozak, Nylander, Marleau, Komarov, Plekanecs.

And our bottom 6C depth is pretty slim. Gauthier and Aaltonen would prob be penciled in as our 4C from day one next year
I disagree. Goat has been given chances to make the Leafs, and he has not been good enough.

And just because guys "could" be used at C, does not mean they are C.

Matthews, Kadri and Bozak are centres. All the others you listed are wingers that can/have filled in short term because no one else was good enough....like Goat. Pleks was added....guess why? To upgrade on Moore who is better than Goat.

It's like me saying our C depth is fine because we have Giroux, Couts, Patrick, Konecny, Laughton, etc...

Honestly....Hagg has 2nd Rd value around the league I expect. Goat might clear waivers.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Don't take my word...go look at Leafs comments on him from March.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/freddy-the-goat-gauthier.2429861/page-12

Can't wait until the leafs package him off to somewhere this summer. He can join the rest of the failed 1st rounders from that era (Percy & Biggs).

I think he clears waivers next year.

no more goat threads plz/thx

I dont agree with Zeke on maybe 3 or 4 things but mostly I do.
This one I agree with him as well. Gauthier isnt very good guys.

too bad he is a 1st round bust
i was rooting for him but he is no good
sorry

At this point, there's really no reason to have any expectations on Gauthier. If he takes another step and can be a reliable #4C for us, that's as much as we can hope for. And it's a slim hope.

And there are many, many more of these.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I honestly think if they are to make a big play for a player available, Hagg will be part of the package.

This would also help clear the path for Myers or Morin( when healthy) to stay in the lineup.

Reactions: Insurrection

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

18 points in 57 AHL games as a 22 year old for Gauthier is not good. If Rubtsov is producing at that level in his 3rd AHL season that would be a huge disappointment.

Reactions: Tripod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad