trade freeze over

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Well I'll guess we'll see if all those rumours of Bitten to Ottawa materialize.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Missy may be looking to figure out their OA situation and will also be looking for a goalie.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Petes have a ton of forwards who need ice time... Will be interesting to watch.

Also expect one of Mancina or Wells to be moved.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Wouldn't be surprised to see Mancina moved to Erie.

It would likely cost Erie either TJ Fergus or Mitchell Byrne for Matt Mancina. Peterborough will start the season with both Mancina and Dylan Wells. Many believe Mancina will be the one to be moved, but they will not do so until they know that Dylan Wells can carry the load as the starter.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
It would likely cost Erie either TJ Fergus or Mitchell Byrne for Matt Mancina. Peterborough will start the season with both Mancina and Dylan Wells. Many believe Mancina will be the one to be moved, but they will not do so until they know that Dylan Wells can carry the load as the starter.

Pure speculation here on my part, I haven't heard any rumors aside from that quote from Dave Brown a few weeks back.

I could see Erie moving Byrne. Fergus is one of their only potential OA options right now looking forward to the 2017-2018 season (as of now I'd say only Fellows, Hopkins, and Fergus stand as potential OAs right now).

Not sure Erie can trust Lawr as a starter and they don't have anyone to back him up really.

But you also have to ask if Erie will be good enough to justify giving up a good young defender for an OA goalie.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Looking forward to a resolution on the Bitten situation. Who knows? Maybe he stays? I doubt it, but stranger things have happened.

Tim Raines

Oct 26, 2015
I really hope Hiebert goes hard after Bitten. He fits what Kitchener is building with their core age group and the Rangers have a few enticing pieces to offer Flint in return.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I really hope Hiebert goes hard after Bitten. He fits what Kitchener is building with their core age group and the Rangers have a few enticing pieces to offer Flint in return.

Bitten is a premiere player in this league and would likely be our best if Hiebert were to bring him to Kitchener. Also, if we were to bring him here this off season, it would have to be with the intent on contending this year and next - otherwise, why give up futures to get him.

With all that in mind, I'm betting any deal for two years of Will Bitten would have to include our 2016 first rounder and then some. If not that, then a package involving multiple second rounders.

I'm not holding my breath. Now if he were to pull a Matt Puempel and demand a trade to the Rangers only, he may come a little cheaper.

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
No news of any trades that I am aware of out of Hamilton, but that's not surprising. Gruden is a new head coach, he likely wants to evaluate his talent to meet the needs of whatever system he's going to use, although it won't shock me if a trade is made for another big forward to park in front of the net. Last year, it seemed like screening the goalie was an alien concept and size seems to have been a trend in the way the team has been drafting. That said, I'm more inclined to blame coaching on that one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad