Trade & Free Agency Talk XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Pulju would have to turn into a 1st liner for this to be anything other than awful. Larsson isn't very good and would be a terrible fit here.
A lot does depend on Puljujarvi and #8 turning into very good players, though I don't agree that 1st liner is the threshold for success. And I'm not super high on Larsson, but I think he'd be fine on the 2nd pairing. I guess the question is if he's $4m better than what we can call up from Iowa, which he may not be.

There's also a tacit assumption that we can sign a free-agent forward if we want to stay competitive next year. I hadn't really thought that far ahead, though.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
A lot does depend on Puljujarvi and #8 turning into very good players, though I don't agree that 1st liner is the threshold for success. And I'm not super high on Larsson, but I think he'd be fine on the 2nd pairing. I guess the question is if he's $4m better than what we can call up from Iowa, which he may not be.

There's also a tacit assumption that we can sign a free-agent forward if we want to stay competitive next year. I hadn't really thought that far ahead, though.
Brodin/Larsson pairing is 23 minutes a night that your team has zero chance of scoring.

If trading Spurgeon is the way you want to go, the 8th pick isn't terrible. Adding Larsson and Zucker doesn't make any sense to me though. Certainly not interested in retaining on Spurgeon , or eating Gagner's contract for nothing in return.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Brodin/Larsson pairing is 23 minutes a night that your team has zero chance of scoring.

If trading Spurgeon is the way you want to go, the 8th pick isn't terrible. Adding Larsson and Zucker doesn't make any sense to me though. Certainly not interested in retaining on Spurgeon , or eating Gagner's contract for nothing in return.
In my head it's really three trades that happen to be with the same team, so taking out Zucker/Larsson is fine by me. Salary retention on Spurgeon and taking Gagner back for a year seems harmless if it makes things work, but maybe it's not worth the concession.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
In my head it's really three trades that happen to be with the same team, so taking out Zucker/Larsson is fine by me. Salary retention on Spurgeon and taking Gagner back for a year seems harmless if it makes things work, but maybe it's not worth the concession.
Throwing away almost $6M in cap space isn't harmless.

Richter35

Oct 30, 2006
Rangers fan coming in peace - any interest in home state product Neal Pionk ? If wpg pick ends up 19 would you swap 12 for 19 and him? If not, something else?

P10p

May 15, 2012
Rangers fan coming in peace - any interest in home state product Neal Pionk ? If wpg pick ends up 19 would you swap 12 for 19 and him? If not, something else?

The drop from 12 to 19 isn't worth a defencemen like Pionk to us. We need to build forward depth and the 12th pick gives us the best odds in that trade scenario.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Its an offer i think about but mostly agree with above statement. Say if we move Spurgeon this could make more sense.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I can't see a place for him. Maybe if Spurgeon's traded, but even then we're probably better off calling up someone from Iowa than trading back for Pionk.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
No chance. Pionk wouldn't even make the Wild roster

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If we trade Spurgeon, it better be for a lot more.
I am always taken with the angle of the flying squirrel in your avatar. Looks like it's going to attack the next post after yours, so I'm always careful to wait and let someone else respond first.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
f***, no. We are swimming in Dmen, and a can pick up a Minnesota hockey player on any street corner in Minnesota. Sure as hell aren't giving up a chance to get a talented forward at #12 for a guy who wouldn't play in our top 4, and maybe not in our top 6.

I second the thought of taking a look at Belpedio(who is apparently playing a sound game in Iowa)or Mennell (44 pts in the AHL...wha?)if we need some RHD action.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Spurgeon+Rask for #8+Lucic

?
Rask isn't ideal and may well play himself into buyout territory next year, but it's a manageable problem. The only way I see Lucic being semi-manageable is if Parise's traded, which probably isn't in the cards (though, frankly, it does't seem as impossible as it has previously, either).

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Rask isn't ideal and may well play himself into buyout territory next year, but it's a manageable problem. The only way I see Lucic being semi-manageable is if Parise's traded, which probably isn't in the cards (though, frankly, it does't seem as impossible as it has previously, either).
Having a $1.333m dead cap hit till 2024 would be a buzzkill, though not the end of the world.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Parise trade can't even be considered until they know what's going to happen with recapture.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Is that what his buyout number is? Admittedly that's not as bad as I'd thought, but still probably not a road I'd want to go down.
Yeah, it’s $1.333m till 2025 if he’s bought out this offseason, 2024 if it’s next offseason, and 2023 if it’s the offseason after next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad