Speculation: Trade for bottom 6 C?

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Cogliano is a LW, so that doesn't solve our problem.

Antoine Vermette though, now he could be a great fit from the Ducks.

Oops my bad...Yup ur right, he hasn't played C in a while. His FO% was also pretty poor...prob why he moved to wing.

Weird i always remembered him as a solid centreman. Ah well

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
We needed one before Cizikas got hurt and could use one even more now.

What do you guys think?

I don't think the Cizikas injury is long term.

I like the options the Islanders have in Beauvillier, Cizikas, Nelson, and Quine.

And like said above, I think Cizikas can be a solid third line center too.

Reactions: Svengoolie

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
We needed one before Cizikas got hurt and could use one even more now.

What do you guys think?
Weight says Cizikas may be out anywhere from 1 to 7 days.

No need to trade for a replacement.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Makes sense. I can see us at the trade deadline glued to TSN hoping for OEL or an impact acquisition. Only to see a 4th liner acquired for a conditional draft pick...

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Makes sense. I can see us at the trade deadline glued to TSN hoping for OEL or an impact acquisition. Only to see a 4th liner acquired for a conditional draft pick...

I wouldn’t mind. More often than not big trade deadline deals don’t pan out. A few simple moves to shore up roster depth would be more than adequate for a playoff run, and not cost too many assets.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Isles got a good thing going, no need to make a trade at this point, at least not for another forward.

They have a lot of bodies - and nobody's looking for extra bodies with the salary cap around, not at this point of the season.

Reactions: Svengoolie

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
This money or roster spot has to go to a dman that can put HIckey and Seids in the luxury box... I think you will see Quine and Beau do well when Cizikas is out... our forward corps is not something to be concerned with right now

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I just don't see the need unless Nelson or Cizikas are out long term at some point. We have four guys who can play center in the bottom six, so we're pretty good there. If one of the better two go down for an extended period of time, then bringing in a replacement makes sense.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
I want to see how they do without Zeeker before pulling the trigger, this is a good shot for Tito.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad