Trade Deadline- What to Do??

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Wouldnt hesitate trading for him. He is better than this season has shown.

I think I read something about that he has been playing through injury the whole season and needs some kind of surgery. I dont know though.

I dont think Oilers are trading him but if they do, they are getting very good packages which will include this years 1st very likely. For him I wouldnt trade our 1st but I dont knw if we have the pieces for him.

Would you do Forsling+?

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Would you do Forsling+?

I’m afraid to say this because I’m not that high on Forsling like most here haha but yeah I would do it. The plus cant be major though because while Klefbom has been very steady #3 in NHL, if I’m trading Forsling+ for someone it has to be legit first pairing guy. Forsling for Klefbom straight up is good trade imo.

I do agree with people saying that Forsling has great potential but I dont see the first pair-potential in him. And yes I know he is still young and anything can happen but so is Klefbom with very good deal also.

I hope people respect my opinion!

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I’m afraid to say this because I’m not that high on Forsling like most here haha but yeah I would do it. The plus cant be major though because while Klefbom has been very steady #3 in NHL, if I’m trading Forsling+ for someone it has to be legit first pairing guy. Forsling for Klefbom straight up is good trade imo.

I do agree with people saying that Forsling has great potential but I dont see the first pair-potential in him. And yes I know he is still young and anything can happen but so is Klefbom with very good deal also.

I hope people respect my opinion!

Combine that with your Saad for Faulk trade, and you have a pretty decent defense next year.

Keith-Faulk
Klefbom-Murphy
Snuggerud-Seabrook

Reactions: migi

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Combine that with your Saad for Faulk trade, and you have a pretty decent defense next year.

Keith-Faulk
Klefbom-Murphy
Snuggerud-Seabrook

DeBrincat - Toews - Duclair
Zadina - Schmaltz - Kane
Sikura - Anisimov - Hinostroza
Hartman - Kampf - Hayden

Keith - Faulk
Klefbom - Murphy
Body - Pylon

Decent.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
If we go into tank mode, I'm not in favor of trading Saad or Forsling. Murphy the same. I think they can and will be better. Hawks have lots of Problems that combined make them look worse than they are.

I still think trading AA should be our Goal. I want another 1st round pick as main target. AA is good enough to get it done playing a Position that is always a Need for many Teams. I'd create another logjam here for that 1st round pick.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Florida wins last night which puts us in position #8
Florida has 3 games in hand ( even with us in points )
Detroit has 2 games in hand ( 1 point lower than us )
Montreal has 1 game in hand ( 5 points lower than us )
Edmonton has 2 games in hand (6 points lower than us )

Getting down to the # 5 position is not that far out of reach ...
But with the way this team has imploded ... the sky's ( errr the basement's ) the limit!

Reactions: Fortyfives and RayP

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Florida wins last night which puts us in position #8
Florida has 3 games in hand ( even with us in points )
Detroit has 2 games in hand ( 1 point lower than us )
Montreal has 1 game in hand ( 5 points lower than us )
Edmonton has 2 games in hand (6 points lower than us )

Getting down to the # 5 position is not that far out of reach ...
But with the way this team has imploded ... the sky's ( errr the basement's ) the limit!

Good rundown, thanks. Huge consolation to this dismal season is the amount of very high end prospects in the draft this year. To be honest, I'm completely ok with losing the rest of this season. Top 5 is good, but top 3 would be great.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
this is me, i just can't stand the idea of loosing for the draft pick, regardless of how talented this draft may be.

however if the team does loose while giving it there all, that is a different thing.

but if it was me, the team is open for business on trading.

AA, Bouma, Harman, Hino, Jurco, Kempny, Murph, Rutta, Sharp, Hayden, Pokka and Wingles. trade them separately or in any combo to get as many draft picks in the first thru third rounds.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
this is me, i just can't stand the idea of loosing for the draft pick, regardless of how talented this draft may be.

however if the team does loose while giving it there all, that is a different thing.

but if it was me, the team is open for business on trading.

AA, Bouma, Harman, Hino, Jurco, Kempny, Murph, Rutta, Sharp, Hayden, Pokka and Wingles. trade them separately or in any combo to get as many draft picks in the first thru third rounds.

Hino, Hayden, & Murphy, lol what?

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Hino, Hayden, & Murphy, lol what?
as outlandish at that thought process may be, but yeah hook them up with another player and get more picks. the system is loaded.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
as outlandish at that thought process may be, but yeah hook them up with another player and get more picks. the system is loaded.

You want to trade young controlled players that are ready or are contributing for assests that will not contribute for 2-3 years when we are in the middle of a retool? There is no logic in that.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I was skeptical of Hino, but he has impressed me. He's not someone I'd be looking to move. Sign a cheap bridge deal for 2 years and see if he can continue to improve.

Hayden, I'm not as high on as it seems most people are. I wouldn't be upset if they moved on from him. At the same time, he doesn't figure to cost much, so I'd be fine keeping him.

Murphy is the 2nd best defenseman the team has, which is a problem in itself, but I don't know why you would want to make a weak position even weaker.

Reactions: migi

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
You want to trade young controlled players that are ready or are contributing for assests that will not contribute for 2-3 years when we are in the middle of a retool? There is no logic in that.
as you spell it out, many can see what you are pointing out, but you have to remember as i said it may sound dumb.

but use hino as an example, with the new players in the system, maybe sikura signs and he may crack the squad or the hawks will sign the next batch of wringles or bouma, so yeah hino and hayden may not be given the chance to show what they can. but there are other problems with the team.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I was skeptical of Hino, but he has impressed me. He's not someone I'd be looking to move. Sign a cheap bridge deal for 2 years and see if he can continue to improve.

Hayden, I'm not as high on as it seems most people are. I wouldn't be upset if they moved on from him. At the same time, he doesn't figure to cost much, so I'd be fine keeping him.

Murphy is the 2nd best defenseman the team has, which is a problem in itself, but I don't know why you would want to make a weak position even weaker.
ref to murph, b/c there are prize prospects that is knocking on the door that may surprise others. plus there is only 6 slots for a d-man +1 extra for an extra body.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

Wow, that's simply moronic. It's the thought of someone who clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Even with those prospects Murphy slots in. There are no surprises there.
will that be b/c of the trade that got him here in chi or b/c he has top 6 skills ????

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
ref to murph, b/c there are prize prospects that is knocking on the door that may surprise others. plus there is only 6 slots for a d-man +1 extra for an extra body.

Only 6 slots? He's the 2nd best they have currently. You think 3-4 prospects are coming up next year to surpass him?

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Only 6 slots? He's the 2nd best they have currently. You think 3-4 prospects are coming up next year to surpass him?
not really first if anything i see murph as a top 5 kind of talent. second, lets do the numbers, seabs, keith, gustafssn, osterlerle...... that is 4 right there.

then you have jokiharju and who else in the minors that may be ready for that jump ??

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
It is because he has top 4 skills. The trade has nothing to do with where he is slotted. Q has really mishandled the D this season...again.
and that is the key right there .... ref the bold, that is the caveat for making me at a lost in my thinking. don't get me wrong, i am not really convince in what i am seeing this season for this team.

are they really that bad or what. but if another team whats to come in and hand the Blackshawks a hand full of picks.... well it is worth considering.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
not really first if anything i see murph as a top 5 kind of talent. second, lets do the numbers, seabs, keith, gustafssn, osterlerle...... that is 4 right there.

then you have jokiharju and who else in the minors that may be ready for that jump ??

Gustafson isn't a NHL defenseman, full stop.

Osterle might be a 3rd pairing guy, but is below Murphy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad