Speculation: Trade Deadline Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I know we normally don't have this thread until the day of the deadline, but I thought it'd beneficial to start it now because other teams' trades are being discussed in our trade rumor thread and the around the league thread. If mods don't want it, please feel free to delete.

as for the topic on hand: I wonder how much pressure Yzerman feels about improving his team with that Pittsburgh trade. Hard to not think Pittsburgh is the favorites now. Their top 9 is insane.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I know we normally don't have this thread until the day of the deadline, but I thought it'd beneficial to start it now because other teams' trades are being discussed in our trade rumor thread and the around the league thread. If mods don't want it, please feel free to delete.

as for the topic on hand: I wonder how much pressure Yzerman feels about improving his team with that Pittsburgh trade. Hard to not think Pittsburgh is the favorites now. Their top 9 is insane.
Tampa's forward group is as good as anyone's. Defense and goaltending will differentiate them, and I'd take Tampa in that battle.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Can we close the other one until trade deadline is over.

Reactions: Duck Off

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Silf + for RNH +

??

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Henrique - RNH - Kase would be incredible. Jersey fans said Henrique is even better at wing, similar to Rakell.

Would also give the Ducks young centers to take over for Kesler/Getzlaf in the future.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
It's Bob. I'd be surprised if he DID do much of anything.
The Ducks are one of the most active teams as far as trades, both at the deadline and in general. The chances of BM doing nothing is almost zero. If you’re talking blockbusters, then no that’s not likely but 90 percent of the other teams won’t be involved in those either.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
I won't be this year. There's some juggernaut teams out there in NSH, PIT, and TB. Barring a major trade for McD or Karlsson I just can't see us having a great shot at beating them this year

Agreed. This isn't the Ducks year to go for the Cup. Unfortunate though because Getzlaf, Kesler, Perry are 32-33.

Bob will get a random rental for a 3rd round pick and the Ducks will sneak into the playoffs and lose in the 2nd round.

Kariya 9

Feb 28, 2014
The Ducks are one of the most active teams as far as trades, both at the deadline and in general. The chances of BM doing nothing is almost zero. If you’re talking blockbusters, then no that’s not likely but 90 percent of the other teams won’t be involved in those either.

I think he’ll probably make a depth move or two. But I wouldn’t be surprised if he stood pat either.

Kariya 9

Feb 28, 2014
There is a graph floating around the internet out there with trade volume rates and Anaheim is far and away number one in trades made in the last decade, so I don't think that stance is quite fair.

Perhaps poorly worded on my part. I just mean I don’t expect us to make that ‘all in’ move.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Yeah the Ducks make a high number of random trades throughout the year compared to other teams. Significant trades though? Not really.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
I’m okay with it this year...despite all the shit BM’s got about not making any moves because the team hasn’t shown enough, I think he’s probably right in that from what little we HAVE shown, we haven’t shown any indication that we’re that one piece away from the Cup.

We were supposed to be world-beaters when we got healthy. Instead, we floundered a lot, and we haven’t dominated the competition. So I’m alright with BM not mortgaging the future for this year.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
Are people going to be mad if we don't do anything?

If McDonagh is actually available and gets moved elsewhere, I'll be pissed. I care far more about winning a cup this year or next year than I do about any of our prospects or what happens to our team in 5 years time in terms of prospect pool and team depth. If we don't win in the next two years we've basically wasted the best years of the Getzlaf/Perry/Kesler core in the name of maintaining a prospect pool.

Look at what Pitt is willing to do each year to win. They don't care about mortgaging the future because they are trying to win cups. That's the mentality we should have had for the past 3 seasons and next 2 at least, small market or not.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Silf + for RNH +

??
Little reason for us to do this unless Edmonton retains at least 1.5-2M. If we're going to acquire someone with a 6M paycheck, I'd rather just hold onto Silfverberg and try to re-sign him.

And of course, there's the whole "within the division" thing we have to worry about for something that's likely going to be a lateral move anyways. Not really interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->