Speculation: Trade Deadline Countdown [MOD Warning in OP, Page 21]

Status
Not open for further replies.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Uh-oh. With the Devils going into sell-mode, Russell is no longer the best under 34 defenseman available at the deadline. David Schlemko is. Cheaper, better point producer, better possession stats, better size.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015

Treliving likes to talk about using picks as currency. Here's an opportunity to do so wisely.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Ryan Leslie @ryanleslie73
Conroy telling me that after the Hudler deal, their phones started to light up....

trckrdr

Jan 31, 2013
I'm really finding it hard to believe Hudler couldn't have brought back a better package. I don't know whether they would have gotten that by letting the bidding go on a little longer or trading him to a different team, I don't know. I just hope this won't hurt the return for Russell.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I'm really finding it hard to believe Hudler couldn't have brought back a better package. I don't know whether they would have gotten that by letting the bidding go on a little longer or trading him to a different team, I don't know. I just hope this won't hurt the return for Russell.

I think they moved him now than risk having all the suitors make a move for something else and end up with a Cammy situation. Like it or not there's a lot of available forwards.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Conroy specifically said they didn't want another Cammalleri situation. The Flames are simply not in a position to lose players and have nothing to show for it, which is why they're listening to offers on all their RFA's and UFA's.

If they waited another day, maybe Eriksson becomes available and every team turns their focus to the Bruins, leaving the Flames holding the bag, once again. They got fair value for Hudler; as has been said quite a few times, it's a buyers market for wingers. And generally speaking, only certain types of players, i.e. gritty, heavy, two-way, types, receive overpayment at the deadline. E.g., Glencross, Gaustad, Vermette, Ladd, etc.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Ryan Leslie @ryanleslie73
Conroy telling me that after the Hudler deal, their phones started to light up....

I assume this means teams starting giving their full attention to getting Russel then?

Dreger tweeted out that BT told Russel he will be traded (Dreger is an idiot though so who knows).

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary

I'd imagine they wanted to keep things on good terms and he probably requested to go down to FLA. They likely acknowledged that and tried to squeeze as much as possible from them.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
To me, listening to Conroy, tells me the phones were pretty quiet. Sometimes you fleece a few teams and scares potential suitors off. You take a little less than you probably could've got for Huds to reopen the communication lines. Now the phones are ringing off hook for Russell, whom everyone assumes is the big ticket this year for us.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I don't even like Weircoch that much and I would move that much for Prince easy. Small yes but very skilled.

Yeah...send them that 4th from Florida for Prince

Since nobody else in the system can do any scoring.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
For a 3rd :laugh:.

A 3rd?

tumblr_ljc955Lywb1qa4qwx.gif

Actually... that's a great deal for Edmonton. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad