Speculation: Trade Deadline Countdown [MOD Warning in OP, Page 21]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
It doesn't make a ton of sense to me to move him for bit pieces.

Especially when Rutherford he isn't moving him, Penguins fans say they don't want to move him and it only seems like Flames fan saying they should move him to Calgary.

I don't think many fans expect Murray. But it's JR!! The guy hasn't been a good GM for a decade. Anything can happen on deadline day. Likely Kris gets a first or similar prospect IMO.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
If Rutherford takes his usual crazy pills around the deadline, it doesn't seem so absurd to think we could get Pouliot in the deal, which would be tremendous.

I do also like Morrow but don't think he brings near enough value alone, maybe Morrow/Koko for Russell/4th?
Koko would be in the same position as Granlund, no point in acquiring him

moon*

Would have preferred a prospect but picks are nice.

Looks like Mirtle wasn't quite the shill that some people were claiming he was.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Bye Jiri.

Broken clock is right twice a day.

Jiri was a hell of a player. The value appears to be a little shallow.

Curious if part of this was loyalty to Jiri? Gets to go play with his country man on another good young team.

Jiri has been nothing but a class act here in Calgary. I hope the Panthers go deep.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
And it begins. I didn't expect a 1st but I did expect a decent prospect to go with the 2nd.

Huds did say, a while back, that he was only at about 45%, I guess if he's playing through an injury, it would hurt the value.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I do like BT does with seconds, so, I'm not worried. But underwhelmed; but it's fine.

That's an excellent trade for Florida.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
There isn't any pressure from Pens ownership this year to make a big move. Murray isn't going anywhere. Something tells me Russell goes late Monday in a bidding war. He gets moved for a 1st and he team that trades for him regrets it later.

May 27, 2012
Earth
And it begins. I didn't expect a 1st but I did expect a decent prospect to go with the 2nd.

Huds did say, a while back, that he was only at about 45%, I guess if he's playing through an injury, it would hurt the value.

45%? Why even play him? I think you heard the wrong number.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
LOL

A swing and a miss!

I was with you there Ace. I think there may have been some loyalty shown to Jiri there.... Maybe so Brad can revisit signing him this summer?

I remember an interview a few years back mentioning how he would have loved to play with Jagr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad