Confirmed Trade: Trade Breaker tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
If mods do not want this thread they can close it

this time every year we have arguments over who broke what. This is not about rumours--but who actually broke the trade. I thought about having a rumour one--but the argument would be about time frame of saying player X to team V--some people will say one person said it two years ago

so this is the tracker of who broke it first--trades from 23rd to 26th are the ones covered

obviously tomorrow we will get the talking heads saying "WE have player X being traded to team B"--to get credit they have to have to name the player and the team he is getting traded to--they get credit for that--but if they say "we have player X on the move" but they do not know where, if the players as been rumoured to be on the move by ANYONE-they do not credit--but if it is someone had getting traded-- 1/2 pts

By my count we have the NYR breaking two of their own trades
Sourcetrade brokenHow
NYITweet Davidson for a 3rd
NYR[NYR/BOS] Rick Nash (50% ret.) for Lindgren, Spooner, Beleskey (50% ret.), 2018 1st, 2019 7thTweet
NYR#NYR have acquired defenseman Yegor Rykov and a second-round pick in the 2018 NHL Draft from New Jersey in exchange for Michael Grabner.Tweet
NHLBrassard deal
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
John ShannonMaple Leafs announced that the hockey club has acquired forwards Tomas Plekanec and Kyle Baun from the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for Rinat Valiev, Kerby Rychel and Toronto’s second round draft pick in 2018.Twwet
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
While several sources has rumoured Nash to the Boston Bruins
first announcement was made to announce the deal was the NYR twitter account. Several media immidiately tweeted it--but NYR tweeted it first

deal 2
NYI Tweeted it first and no one had Davidson to the NYI

Deal 3
The Brassard deal--lots of people had the rumour but no one had the actual deal and the mayhem that happened afterwards

Deal 4

Grabner from the NYR to the NJD--Eveyone knew Grabner and Nash were pulled from the line up--but that was announced by the team--none of the talking heads had the deal

Deal 5
John Shannon had the complete deal 30 seconds after Renaud Lavoie had Tomas Plekanec traded to the leafs--Shannon took the time to include everything involved

Last edited:
Reactions: dahrougem2

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
If mods do not want this thread they can close it

this time every year we have arguments over who broke what. This is not about rumours--but who actually broke the trade. I thought about having a rumour one--but the argument would be about time frame of saying player X to team V--some people will say one person said it two years ago

so this is the tracker of who broke it first--trades from 23rd to 26th are the ones covered

obviously tomorrow we will get the talking heads saying "WE have player X being traded to team B"--to get credit they have to have to name the player and the team he is getting traded to--they get credit for that--but if they say "we have player X on the move" but they do not know where, if the players as been rumoured to be on the move by ANYONE-they do not credit--but if it is someone had getting traded-- 1/2 pts

By my count we have the NYR breaking two of their own trades
Sourcetrade brokenHow
NYITweet
NYR[NYR/BOS] Rick Nash (50% ret.) for Lindgren, Spooner, Beleskey (50% ret.), 2018 1st, 2019 7thTweet
NYR#NYR have acquired defenseman Yegor Rykov and a second-round pick in the 2018 NHL Draft from New Jersey in exchange for Michael Grabner.Tweet
NHLBrassard deal
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
While several sources has rumoured Nash to the Boston Bruins
first announcement was made to announce the deal was the NYR twitter account. Several media immidiately tweeted it--but NYR tweeted it first

deal 2
NYI Tweeted it first and no one had Davidson to the NYI

Deal 3
The Brassard deal--lots of people had the rumour but no one had the actual deal and the mayhem that happened afterwards

Deal 4

Grabner from the NYR to the NJD--Eveyone knew Grabner and Nash were pulled from the line up--but that was announced by the team--none of the talking heads had the deal
Is this a drinking game?

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Unless we're going to use this as a tool to prove that Eklund shouldn't be a valid source, I'm not sure I see the point. However if that is the intent then I think I speak for most of us... we're in.

Sticktape

Jan 25, 2017
I would be interested. People always go back and forth about who's reliable and who's unreliable. Knowing who's broken the most trades/news over a few years would be cool to see.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
the LeafsPR account broke the Plekanec trade, not Shannon.

In fact, it looks like Shannon just copy and pasted the LeafsPR tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad