Tourney MVP will be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Uh, deathbear, I tried a little clean SMACK, but I guess it hurt.
Sorry. It was a bad idea. :badidea:
deathbear said:
it's difficult to convey my feelings about you and your particular comment without having the mods close this thread, and perhaps banning me... your blatant and ridiculously bashful ignorance of the matter doesn't deserve the reply i'm issueing.
Hey, no offense. I think all raving Vinny fans to be a bit :loony: (it's such a funny emoticon isn't it? :naughty: )

He's good but always overrated, here in the tourney too I think. Call me :propeller

After all, I was one of those crazies who went on record, before the tourney, as saying Finland will be in the Final (and that they will lose 1-4 against Canada) with Sakic :thumbu: or Kiprusoff as MVP.

By the way, I was a big playoff hockey fan of Dino Ciccarelli, Esa Tikkanen, Claude Lemieux, Adam Deadmarsh... though each of those have crossed the line a bit in their attempt to play on the edge. I guess I'm no Lady Byng of hockey fans. Let's shake hands and call it a game.

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
VanIslander said:
Uh, deathbear, I tried a little clean SMACK, but I guess it hurt.
Sorry. It was a bad idea. :badidea:

Hey, no offense. I think all raving Vinny fans to be a bit :loony: (it's such a funny emoticon isn't it? :naughty: )

He's good but always overrated, here in the tourney too I think. Call me :propeller

After all, I was one of those crazies who went on record, before the tourney, as saying Finland will be in the Final (and that they will lose 1-4 against Canada) with Sakic :thumbu: or Kiprusoff as MVP.

By the way, I was a big playoff hockey fan of Dino Ciccarelli, Esa Tikkanen, Claude Lemieux, Adam Deadmarsh... though each of those have crossed the line a bit in their attempt to play on the edge. I guess I'm no Lady Byng of hockey fans. Let's shake hands and call it a game.

i'm not sure i really understood any of the logic used here, but whatever. have a nice day.

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
deathbear said:
how could it not be lecavalier at this point? i mean honestly, if canada wins and he doesn't win it, he's been screwed.

enough with the mario asskissing. he makes a crossice pass that goes to NOONE and commentators praise him. enough already!

kipper for finland if they win, vinny for canada if we win.

I think I agree with those two... It's a tough call for Canada though, and I think if anyone has a stellar final game they could win it.

As for the Mario asskissing... :thumbu: He's looked mediocre at best... he's played a little more physical than I thought he would, but frankly, it is more than evident that he has not played much in the last year. It's not that he's been outclassed, but to give him the MVP would be a travesty... I can think of tonnes of players more deserving.

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
oil slick said:
I think I agree with those two... It's a tough call for Canada though, and I think if anyone has a stellar final game they could win it.

As for the Mario asskissing... :thumbu: He's looked mediocre at best... he's played a little more physical than I thought he would, but frankly, it is more than evident that he has not played much in the last year. It's not that he's been outclassed, but to give him the MVP would be a travesty... I can think of tonnes of players more deserving.

who'd ever have thought i could so whole-heartedly agree with an oiler fan? ;)

AGraveOne

Jan 24, 2004
Raleigh, NC
oil slick said:

i agree with this post as well...the MVP is still up for grabs. If all stays the same and Canada wins i am 90% sure that Brodeur gets the MVP - his numbers will blind all judges...if he gets it, he will need to thank Nieds and Foote et al quite a bit - they have played solid.

For Finland its Kipper's but once again if Koivu has a good game he could get it as well.

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
Something tells me that if Finland wins, Kiprusoff would have had to stand on his head.

If Finland wins - Kiprusoff
If Canada wins - Up for grabs.

Hemsky is a gangsta

Hemsky is a gangsta
Jun 23, 2004
re

Finland: Kipprusoff or Koivu, depending on who has the better final (if it's even, the goalie probably)
Canada: At this point Lecavalier. A big game from any of their leading scorers could also get them the award.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
haakon84 said:
The weak goal he let in meant nothing it was 3-0 with 7 minutes left at the time. And if you watched all the games you'd realise this

And we can use the same logic in the reverse situation....

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
deathbear said:
dont ****ing talk to me as though i'm a nutjob. alright? im serious.

in case you havent noticed, oh wise one, lecavalier has two more points than anyone else on team canada, is second in tournament scoring behind modin, and has been selected as the first star of the game for his team twice.

Not to go off topic or take anything away from Vinny but his 1st player of the game award was a joke.

With apologies to the Kiprusoff love going on in here I think the MVP for the Finns has been Koivu. The Finns system and their defense have made things relatively calm for Kipper. He sees every shot and the defence has done a really good job at sweeping the rebounds away. He's been good, but not awe-inspiring.

Saku changes the momentum of every shift when he's on the ice. He plays against guys who are usually bigger than he is and he doesn't back down an inch. He hits, he scores big goals and leads by example. Niinimaa's walkout could've destroyed the team, but they kept it together largely because of the Captain's leadership.

Kiprusoff gives Finland a chance, Koivu makes them believe.

ehcszteiN

May 7, 2004
Raisio, Finland
Malefic74 said:
He's been good, but not awe-inspiring.

No, he has not been that - yet... BUT !!

The mere fact that after browsing through some of these threads, his name keeps popping up. And more so by CANADIENS than us Finns..?!

Kipper will get his revenge.

On a completely different subject; - I think it´s absolutely fantastic that the WC -final is between CANADA and FINLAND. The only two countries in the world where hockey is - overwhelmingly - THE #1 sport.

Whichever team wins, the MVP will be the team.

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
Garfield said:
Not to go off topic or take anything away from Vinny but his 1st player of the game award was a joke.

oh yeah, obviously. i mean it's just like in minor hockey during a tournament when each team has one player's name pulled out of a hat.

:shakehead

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
Malefic74 said:
With apologies to the Kiprusoff love going on in here I think the MVP for the Finns has been Koivu. The Finns system and their defense have made things relatively calm for Kipper. He sees every shot and the defence has done a really good job at sweeping the rebounds away. He's been good, but not awe-inspiring.

Saku changes the momentum of every shift when he's on the ice. He plays against guys who are usually bigger than he is and he doesn't back down an inch. He hits, he scores big goals and leads by example. Niinimaa's walkout could've destroyed the team, but they kept it together largely because of the Captain's leadership.

Kiprusoff gives Finland a chance, Koivu makes them believe.

I agree with every word. Kipper has been good, but he hasn't had to make many big saves, or many saves at all.

The MVP for the Finns comes down to the Final.
If Saku Scores another big goal and the Finns win it's him.
If Kipper shutsout Canada, it's him.

Unbiased Canadian

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
VanIslander said:
Kipper is following my plan to the 'T'.

As I begun this thread, and as I'm on record as having said before the tourney began, Canada will play Finland in the final and the MVP will be Sakic or Kiprusoff, depending on which team wins it all. I predicted last month a 4-1 Canada over Finland final, so...

MVP Burnaby Joe! :yo:
I give Canada a 10% chance of getting 4 goals behind this guy,he was left out to dry agains't Sweden(most dangerous offence in the tourney) but i can't see the Finnish team doing that again. I predict a 1-0 or 2-1 score.

Kipper wins easily if Finland wins but it could be 4-5 guys on the Canadian side.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Unbiased Canadian said:
I agree with every word. Kipper has been good, but he hasn't had to make many big saves, or many saves at all.
The same thing can be said for the Canadian goaltender with the wonky wrist.

MrMastodonFarm said:
The same thing can be said for the Canadian goaltender with the wonky wrist.

Agreed. It's too easy to give all the credit to the goalies. And while all have had their moments you can't say that any goalie has outright stolen a game yet.

And I watch the tenders closer than most being one myself, but the story of the World Cup have been the forwards for the most part. The lone exception to that is Esche who was clearly the best player on Team USA.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The winning prediction goes to lafite:
lafite said:
Maybe Vincent Lecavalier. I think he has been as good as anybody for Canada. Not bad for a last minute replacement for Stevie Y.
Kuddos man. You fooled a lot of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad