Tournament All Star Teams / MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
Epsilon said:
...how on earth is Wade Redden best defenseman... No way does anyone on Canada's defense deserve a "best defenseman" award in this tournament...
The Canadian media realy dropped the ball on this one. In fact, I find TSN, to refer to just one, has to have one of the crudest analyses around. The Canadian defense is awful, they say. Yes, I say, of course! The Canadian defensemen are playing awful, they say. Uh, I say, not all. Redden was fantastic in several of the games, and unlike every other blueliner on the team, he wasn't making stupid mistakes. I've seen every Canadian game twice, except the final, which I've only seen once and will see again soon. I've also seen every other game of the tourney (I'm a Canuck working part-time on a South Korean island with total mediazone coverage :) and a lot of free time) and Redden indeed was great. I thought the award could have gone to Visnovsky but Redden was one of the guys I'd penciled in after the quarters as a possibility.

A_Mack17

Nov 22, 2004
Outback, Australia
BEST PLAYERS SELECTED BY THE DIRECTORATE

Best Goalkeeper: 29 VOKOUN Tomas CZE - Czech Republic
Best Defenseman: 6 REDDEN Wade CAN - Canada
Best Forward: 25 KOZLOV Viktor RUS - Russia
Most Valuable Player: 97 THORNTON Joe CAN - Canada

why is Kozlov the best forward??

reaper

May 1, 2005
Dunno, very weird and best D should be Nicklas Kronwall by a mile. Outperformed all D in this tournament.

swisdan

Feb 18, 2005
earth
qube.cpacon.com
A_Mack17 said:
BEST PLAYERS SELECTED BY THE DIRECTORATE

Best Goalkeeper: 29 VOKOUN Tomas CZE - Czech Republic
Best Defenseman: 6 REDDEN Wade CAN - Canada
Best Forward: 25 KOZLOV Viktor RUS - Russia
Most Valuable Player: 97 THORNTON Joe CAN - Canada

why is Kozlov the best forward??

It's Kovalev and not Kozlov.

Others greats players in this tournament:

Afinogenow
Visnovsky
Mezin
Gerber
Streit
Datsyuk
D. Sedin

Others choices for any body?

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Enoch said:
When the games gain in importance, Vokoun gets even better.

Somebody forgot to tell that to Vokoun himself, in FEL it was just the opposite this year.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
It seems like the whole IIHF is on some sort of new syntetic hallucogenic drug, there are so many weird decisions made in this tournament.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
IIHF's site says Viktor Kozlov is the best forward! Nice! 1 goal, no assists in 9 games! Awesome!

Maybe Ukraine should also receive the gold medal after all!

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Wisent said:
I think some mention for the goalie should go to Mezin as well. He has trule been amazing even if his team didn't advance to the KO round.

Yeah, he virtually had no help but still managed to keep them in the games most of the times. Impressive!

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
I've already sent the IIHF several e-mails asking them to correct their mistakes, but I don't think anyone is reading them. :shakehead

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I hope swedish media, fans and leaders will give the Sedins the respect them as much as they deserve after this tournament... They seem to hate them because they play the swedish game to perfection.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
BTW... Rumour is that finnish company metso who are in the ehm tree-thingie business sent gold medals to team Ukraine for their class A lumberjacking.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Redden was deserving of the award, he was great all tourney. Sure Kronwall could have won it, but he didn't. Another deserving player was the recipient.
its not like they picked Souray.

Misha.cz

naming Redden and Kovalev as best players by directoriate is a pure political decision, in order more teams would be involved in these awards. Vokoun and Thorton were awarded right, but these two not. for best defencemen and forwards look at all-stars team (my vote was identical with this which won).

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Visnovsky played with a light concussion and an injured knee during these WC's ad still played well. I would have liked to see what he would have done if he was healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->