Status
Not open for further replies.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
The following guys should be locks:

Vokoun, Kronwall, Vishnovsky, Nash, Thornton

That leaves one slot for another forward, can't decide who yet.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Epsilon said:

I agree.

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
best d-men of the tournament
Wade Redden

should have been kronwall

best forward
Alexei Kovalev

surprise!!!

where's Nash???

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
I don'T understar.. all-star team is zidlicky, kronwall, jagr nash and thorton(? not sure)

why is Kovalev named best forward????

Korkki

Mar 6, 2002
Pori, Finland
Epsilon said:

After the final the third one is solid choice as Jagr. He was simply the best player (with Finland-disappointig Vokoun) in this game. Quite a rise from Vokoun as a crap in Finnish SM-liiga to a World Champion.

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
"Defensively-challenged" Marek Zidlicky makes it to the All-Star team, with a mere one goal.

"Defensively-challenged" Marek Zidlicky also lead all d-men with a +8 (only on the ice for one goal the entire tournament).

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
cbjfan said:
I'm thinking these were former ice skating judges that made these choices....very odd. :dunno:

The awards for Vokoun and Thornton are fine. But how on earth is Wade Redden best defenseman, and Alexei Kovalev best forward. No way does anyone on Canada's defense deserve a "best defenseman" award in this tournament. And Kovalev wasn't even the best forward on his team.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Epsilon said:
The awards for Vokoun and Thornton are fine. But how on earth is Wade Redden best defenseman, and Alexei Kovalev best forward. No way does anyone on Canada's defense deserve a "best defenseman" award in this tournament. And Kovalev wasn't even the best forward on his team.

I agree 100%.

Petey21

Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
www.geocities.com
The awards for best players were chosen by the IIHF Directorate, and media picks out the All Star team, so some years there have been a bunch of players from the hosting country in the All Star team as media has been a bit biased at times.

Last edited:

cbjfan

Jul 4, 2002
Visit site
Epsilon said:

I totally agree. What is even stranger is that Thornton wins MVP of the entire tournament, but isn't the best forward in the tournament? Not a whole lot of logic there.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
cbjfan said:
I totally agree. What is even stranger is that Thornton wins MVP of the entire tournament, but isn't the best forward in the tournament? Not a whole lot of logic there.
There was the tournament MVP: Thornton, and then there was the media's choice of best forwards, first of whom was Nash. No contradiction at all. The media chose Thornton as the second best forward and the REAL JOKE was Jagr as third best forward of the tourney. There are at least six and maybe ten better forwards in this tourney, and even two better on his team. The media is where the hype is, as always.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
RedAce said:
awe shut your traps!! Kovalev was the best forward by far!!
Not by far. But yes, I think he was one of the best. No surprise here. He impressed the heck out of me right from the opening game. EVERY game he was a force. Something that cannot be said about his teammates (even of Datsyuk).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->