F: Patrice Bergeron
D: Dion Phaneuf
D: Dimitri Vorobiev
G: Jeff Glass

leafaholix*

Kaizer said:
I Agree, but I'm not sure about G.
Yeah, that's a tough choice.

Guess it can also go to Marek Schwarz, but if Glass wins the Gold and has a good performance, I can see him winning it.

Thundermare

Aug 21, 2004
F: Alexander Ovechkin
F: Evgeny Malkin
F: Patrice Bergeron
D: Dion Phaneuf
D: Dimitri Vorobiev
G: Marek Schwartz
I think Glass was way to shaky to win it... though this year nobody really outshined all others in goal
:dunno: :help: :dunno:

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
tommi462 said:
Change the G and I'll agree with you.
Yeah, it's gotta be Al Montoya. :lol :lol :lol I think it should be Marek Schwartz, not Jeff Glass.

Mikey 71

I can't see how Carter wouldn't be named this year. His overall game this year has shown me that he has been Canada's best forward so far. His points are right up there again, and he has been given the assignment of being matched against the opponent's top line. How he has done in that role as well makes me think he will get one of the spots since he has played a large role in shutting them down. While Bergeron's and Crosby's point totals are largely padded by the PP, most (if not all) of Carter's goals have been even strength. Lastly, I think the players are picked from the media following the tournament if I am not mistaken, and Carter has been given a TON of air-time lately. I will even go as far as saying he has been Canada's MVP so far, IMHO.

I will also go out on a limb and say the gold medal game will be his best game of the tournament, again when everything such as offense, defence, faceoffs, when he is send out there by Sutter, etc. The big 2 will HAVE to be shut down to win the gold and Carter will have had a major role in that if we win.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I think some of the positions are still open.

I would say that Patrice Bergeron, Dion Phaneuf, and Alex Ovechkin have clinched their spots.

What happens in the final will determine if Jeff Carter, Evgeni Malkin, or Rusty Olesz gets the third forward spot.

The goaltender will likely be the winner of the tournament unless its a goal-fest, and then it should go to Marek Schwarz.

The second defender is a tough call, I really don't know.

leafaholix*

crossxcheck said:
F: Ovechkin
F: Olesz
F: Bergeron
D: Phaneuf
D: Suter
G: Schwarz
Ryan Suter really shouldn't be named ahead of Vorobiev.

Though he's the better prospect.

leafaholix*

markov` said:
Vorobiev? There's no way this guy is on the all-star team over Meszaros.
He has 2 more points in the same number of games and is +8 compared to Meszaros' +3... the opponent has yet to score an ES goal when Vorobiev is on the ice. He's been Russia's #1 defenseman and has been key on the PP for the team.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
Alexander Steen said:
Ryan Suter really shouldn't be named ahead of Vorobiev.

Though he's the better prospect.

I'm going on ryan's numbers and his solid defensive play on an otherwise crappy defensive squad.

leafaholix*

crossxcheck said:
I'm going on ryan's numbers and his solid defensive play on an otherwise crappy defensive squad.
7 points in 6 games, -2

or...

6 points in 5 games, +8

... both defenses being equivalently mediocre.

Sammy*

Alexander Steen said:
He has 2 more points in the same number of games and is +8 compared to Meszaros' +3... the opponent has yet to score an ES goal when Vorobiev is on the ice. He's been Russia's #1 defenseman and has been key on the PP for the team.
I dunno, do both Vorobiev & Meszaros play on the ice by themselves or is there a point to this.
Are you a Leaf fan perhaps or are you just a "stats guy"?

leafaholix*

Sammy said:
I dunno, do both Vorobiev & Meszaros play on the ice by themselves or is there a point to this.
Are you a Leaf fan perhaps?
I am.

And no, they don't play by themselves.

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
Sammy said:
Are you a Leaf fan perhaps or are you just a "stats guy"?
Just wondering: How many games did you get to see Mesaros play?? and what about Vorobiev?

Sammy*

Douggy said:
Just wondering: How many games did you get to see Mesaros play?? and what about Vorobiev?
I have seen Meszaros & Vorobiev each play once.
And you?
Btw, Leaf fan?

leafaholix*

Sammy said:
I have seen Meszaros & Vorobiev each play once.
And you?
Btw, Leaf fan?
Because we're Leaf fans, that automatically makes everything we have to say about Meszaros and Vorobiev worthless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->