Toughest Little Guy (5'9" or under)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Stan Mikita qualifies. I wonder if anyone else has Lady Byng's and top three in PIM to their credit?

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Henri Richard was tough as nails, I have a lasting image of him skating around with his head bleeding and him staying out there, not wanting to come off.

Stan Jonathan is also a good choice.

Thundermare

Aug 21, 2004
"Terrible" Ted Lindsay... and Stan "The Man" Jonathan are probably the top two the Theo Fleury is just a step behind

newf

Jan 6, 2004
Visit site
how tall is george mcphee? he was the first guy i thought of when i saw this. just plain tough.

if he's too tall, gotta go with stan jonathon

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
In short, you have to be pretty damn tough to play in the NHL under 5 foot 9 no matter what.

But I feel like the two following guys routinely played tough and beat up guys much bigger than themselves:

Stan Jonathan and Tie Domi

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
I.am.ca said:
I'll make this a Hat-trick. THEO FLEURY.

The toughest little SOB to play under 5'9''. You'd have to see his Calgary Flames days to i guess realize that. His last season as a Ranger he played 82 games and had 216 penalty minutes...dude's a monster for a lil guy.
How many scraps did he have that year. If you pick up a lot of misconducts like I am pretty sure he did you can accumualte a pretty soft 200 min quickly. Not saying Theo wasnt tough but I think I would take the younger Fluery over this one In NY he was pretty much an out of control nutjob.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
#66 said:
This is about the toughest not the best so Gary Howett gets my vote too.
That was my take on the question as well. I know there are different ways to show toughness but I dont think that Theo belongs here.

How tall is Rob DiMaio he is a tough SOB>

Jackson Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
c-carp said:
Good call on McPhee.

Agreed on McPhee. He'd fight anyone and would take some shots to deliver some.

My favorite fight was with Hospodar during a Rangers/Flyers playoff game in Philly. When I saw the fight live I thought Hospodar killed McPhee with George coming back at the end. It wasn't until after the game and looking at the fight, McPhee threw about five shots in a row that squarely lands on the face of Hospodar, forcing him to tie up McPhee.

Later in the series, Hospodar tries to goad Barry Beck into a fight and his reply was classic, "f" you, "f" you, I'll let George kick your a$$. :handclap:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
DownFromNJ said:
Brian Gionta is probably the toughest current NHLer pound for pound.

He's like 5'7" with skates on.

Yeah, seriously. One of my favorite players, too (and I'm a Rangers fan).

What a little sparkplug. I remember when he CREAMED Preems when they played Philly last year. What a freakin' hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->